Eleven Sports Loses Serie A Rights

KingKirk

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Tin pot mob

La Liga will be reviewed at the end of the season

:lol:

I miss my Spanish football fix.

4 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

I remember when it first appeared on channel 5 back in the day. Seemed such a treat back then to be able to watch italian football. The presenter/commentator boy was a bit of a loon. Changed days.

Channel 4 mate.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

miss Guillem Balagué in put:lol:

Yeah he pops up on BBC and Sky (freelancing) and I just wish he was back in that fake Spanish bar giving us all the inside info on what's what in Spanish football.

It was also a great way to finish a Saturday or Sunday night. Back to back games. With some quality football to enjoy.

As far as Italian football goes I've never been a fan. Liked watching Maradona and co back in the ch4 days but sometimes I would doze off. 

Watched the Milan v Napoli game on BT last night was a decent game . Good to see wee Rino get a good result. Their new guy Paqueta looked decent but I suppose he should at €35m.

I miss James Richardson and Seria A on a Sunday morning or was it Saturday ..... 

I'm getting old.

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

Watched the Milan v Napoli game on BT last night was a decent game . Good to see wee Rino get a good result. Their new guy Paqueta looked decent but I suppose he should at €35m.

I miss James Richardson and Seria A on a Sunday morning or was it Saturday ..... 

I'm getting old.

Paqueta :lol:

Fucking Piatek man.

Ah the good old days of watching Football Italia on a Sunday afternoon with James Richardson and Peter Brackley (RIP).

I was usually hungover to fuck from the night before, lying on the couch like a burst balloon.

There were so many great Italian teams of the 90s: Milan, Inter, Juve, Lazio, Roma, Parma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Sampdoria.

GOLACCIO!

4 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Channel 4 pissed over the top of any football coverage with their Italian football. Even on a Saturday morning with their preview 

Still to this day pisses over anything we have seen.

4 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Channel 4 pissed over the top of any football coverage with their Italian football. Even on a Saturday morning with their preview 

It was usually James Richardson outside an Italian café with an espresso and a table full of newspapers.

19 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Good. Disgrace it was given to them with no actual television channel.

Hopefully hungover Sunday’s watching Serie A on BT aw day are returning :lol:

Premier sports picked up the Serie A and Eridivisie, don't know if it's just until the season ends or for longer.

Viewing figures speak volumes. La Liga has plummeted.

The consumer doesn't want a dozen smaller broadcasters carrying the sport they want to watch, and having to pay a full price subscription for them all.

Sports broadcasting is one of the few things where competition seems to give the consumer a far, far worse deal.

Eleven Sports. The farcical coverage of the PGA Championship last year. I have a 55 inch TV on the wall and I am watching golf through my phone as there was no (hassle free) way to watch it on the TV, without having to drag HDMI cables out, and bring my desktop PC down stairs - not exactly a social experience! Plus.... the official Eleven Sports stream kept cutting out, buffering and generally just giving a bad experience.