***The Official Rangers v St Mirren Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't stand the older cunt behind me today. I don't know what the fuck his problem was. Raging from the word go, screaming til he was blue in the face about absolutely every little thing. You'd have thought St Mirren were all over us listening to the prick.

Anyway, more importantly, thought we were really comfortable today, as expected. So many chances outwith the pens that we should've scored! Shame Tav didn't get his hattrick of pens as well! Roll on these sheep cunts on Wednesday now!

Might be because he's just came back from injury but I thought Barasic seemed rather hesitant going forward after getting over the halfway line, or may just be that we're just that used to seeing Tav bombing forward all the time on the other side

The 4-4-2 diamond doesn't work. 

• You nullify Kent taking him off of the wing
  • We lose our main creative spark in our width
  • The fullbacks don't feel comfortable going forward because the CMs aren't covering them like our wide players normally do.

The flat 4-4-2 looked much better, but Defoe and Morelos are playing so far apart. But it's definitely the better option to the diamond. 

I thought Arfield & Kent (second half especially) were great. I'll admit I was slightly worried about Defoe after his few appearances but today he looked far, far better. Held the ball up and was involved in some tidy work outside the box. Not to mention his quick feet and showing his decent pace. In contrast to that Davis was shite.

Candeias changed the game too, really lifts the team with his work rate alone. 

Glad to get the 3 points, back to 4-3-3 on Wednesday night though. 

14 minutes ago, hammer time said:

Might be because he's just came back from injury but I thought Barasic seemed rather hesitant going forward after getting over the halfway line, or may just be that we're just that used to seeing Tav bombing forward all the time on the other side

thought Barišić Fired n some great balls today and looked really comfortable - him and Kent should get more time together on the left 

EDIT - He also looks comfortable alongside Katic in defense   

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

The 4-4-2 diamond doesn't work. 

• You nullify Kent taking him off of the wing
  • We lose our main creative spark in our width
  • The fullbacks don't feel comfortable going forward because the CMs aren't covering them like our wide players normally do.

The flat 4-4-2 looked much better, but Defoe and Morelos are playing so far apart. But it's definitely the better option to the diamond. 

I thought Arfield & Kent (second half especially) were great. I'll admit I was slightly worried about Defoe after his few appearances but today he looked far, far better. Held the ball up and was involved in some tidy work outside the box. Not to mention his quick feet and showing his decent pace. In contrast to that Davis was shite.

Candeias changed the game too, really lifts the team with his work rate alone. 

Glad to get the 3 points, back to 4-3-3 on Wednesday night though. 

exactly the way I saw everything.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

M77? A complete nightmare! We didn't get to the stadium until 3:20! 

Yes. Same here. Hoped the start of the game might be delayed, but, like you, we missed most of the first half (nearer 330 when we got to our seats) ...

Archived