Last weeks defeat taken pressure right off the scum

eejay the dj

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tbh right now, it's how I reckon I'll be looking back on the season.

Same but for me this season was always about getting closer. If we finish not far off it this year I think we win it next year 

41 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Just need to keep the head. Killie and Livi away back-to-back was always destined to be a banana skin for us. They've got St Johnstone away then Hivs at home next which are difficult fixtures. Hopefully we can take max points from the next couple and they slip up. The sheep are due a doing from us anyway. 

I’m more confident that the peado club will take 6 points from their next two then us tbh.

We have it in us to be a good team but inconsistency is killing our title challenge. 

Obviously I hope I’m talking shite.

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

If we finish not far off it this year I think we win it next year 

I see this being said a lot but it makes little sense.

If anything the job becomes more difficult next season if we finish close to them in this one.

Everything should be done to take the opportunity this season because it's fucking there right in front of the players if they want it. 

Sadly I'm not convinced enough of them do.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts away this month for them aswell as Europa League. Hopefully their shite away form continues and we take maximum points, we are due a run of wins.

Hope so mate but then I just don’t trust us to pick up maximum points. I’m refusing to get my hopes up. 

The pressure on them now is that they know we are capable of beating them and beating them well on our day. This makes a huge difference compared to previous seasons when we were pushovers. Imperative to win upcoming games and to always keep within touching distance. 3 points at most. League is still winnable and we all know brendas bottle will collapse under pressure.

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If anything the job becomes more difficult next season if we finish close to them in this one.

Everything should be done to take the opportunity this season because it's fucking there right in front of the players if they want it. 

Would be hard to understand if you eat custard wae your elbows 

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Well I’m just going over the 3 times we’ve played them already and only scored 1 goal(a penalty) and not won

It's been frustrating as they have had some good fortune with morelos red in the 1st game and us being without morelos and lafferty in the 2nd. 

I really think we are due one over them at this point. 

38 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If with a new manager, squad overhaul, time taken for players to gel and find consistency etc (all barriers/ hurdles to overcome) we've come close then I imagine and hope that without those factors next season we'll be better from day 1.

Think these are bigger factors than ones such as teams know how to play us etc which could be deemed making it more difficult next season. What's your take on why next season will be more difficult? 

I don't foresee them spending massively, a risk for us will be selling Morelos and not replacing him well.

57 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’m more confident that the peado club will take 6 points from their next two then us tbh.

We have it in us to be a good team but inconsistency is killing our title challenge. 

Obviously I hope I’m talking shite.

Yeah, we need to step up. On paper ,we have an easier February than they do. Have to make it count.

48 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If with a new manager, squad overhaul, time taken for players to gel and find consistency etc (all barriers/ hurdles to overcome) we've come close then I imagine and hope that without those factors next season we'll be better from day 1.

Think these are bigger factors than ones such as teams know how to play us etc which could be deemed making it more difficult next season. What's your take on why next season will be more difficult? 

I don't foresee them spending massively, a risk for us will be selling Morelos and not replacing him well.

The two things you mention afterwards mainly. 

We're banking on them standing still or Rodgers buying duds if he stays. 

Morelos is a near enough certainty to go, Tav possibly as well, and for me the big question mark over Gerrard/Allen is recruitment. 

I get what you're saying in that first sentence though.

We were never consistent enough to win the league even with the collapse of the filth this year we have found it hard to keep enough pressure on them.

Consistency is what we need I think we have the players but we have a manager learning his trade and at times it shows.

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The two things you mention afterwards mainly. 

We're banking on them standing still or Rodgers buying duds if he stays. 

Morelos is a near enough certainty to go, Tav possibly as well, and for me the big question mark over Gerrard/Allen is recruitment. 

I get what you're saying in that first sentence though.

I think we've shown credibility in our challenge that if they had money to spend they would have. I really do think the biscuit tin has been locked, perhaps the court cases are causing them financial concerns after all.

Can only hope that if we get good money for the two you mention, if they go, then our options and markets increase to get a better more ready calibre of player perhaps 3,4 million rather than the more limited 2m max or typically freebies.

All ifs buts and maybes til summer time I suppose 👍

25 minutes ago, Smile said:

We were never consistent enough to win the league even with the collapse of the filth this year we have found it hard to keep enough pressure on them.

Consistency is what we need I think we have the players but we have a manager learning his trade and at times it shows.

Yep our team can beat any team in this league, no question. That they don't, consistently, is due to issues outwith the players technical ability that we need to sort to get the consistency needed to win a league.

They will drop points, they've only won 2 matches in a row against teams they should be beating at home. Having a 6 point margain is great for them and leaves us with very little wriggle room particularly in matches against them.

We just have to start doing our bit. Despite the signings of Defoe and Davis I think the manager has found his best team (11 vs Livi) with the exception of Goldson. Stick with that 11 and no silly rotation for the sake of it. There is no reason why trips to Pittodrie, Easter Rd, parkhead and Rugby Park (in the cup) become games to worry about if he has a settled side.

It goes without saying and the manager already has acknowledged it but this is now the time to go on a 7 or 8 game winning and the evidence points to the fact that for the last 18 months celtic have not been able to do this.

Inconsistency has been the hallmark so far.  That needs to change and that is arguably SG's biggest challenge for the rest of the season.   Accomplish it and you never know what might yet happen for the league title.    By tradition, as I recall it (but I may be wrong) Rangers often have a better 2nd half of the season than the other lot.     If that tradition bears out then this would be a really good season to see it established again.

That said, the nose and tail of it is we cannot afford any more slip ups.   SG has to find a way of turning out teams that do one job only - win each game. 

15 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

They have lucked out with the fixtures to be fair. Still not writing us off just yet though.

it's not just fixtures,you can't deny they've strengthened and have the ability to grind out results.Hopefully their feel good factor dissipates shortly.

Meantime we need to get back up to speed.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

it's not just fixtures,you can't deny they've strengthened and have the ability to grind out results.Hopefully their feel good factor dissipates shortly.

Meantime we need to get back up to speed.

I’m not sure they have. Few guys on loan who’ve reasonably comfortably beaten Airdrie, St Mirren, Hamilton and St Johnstone. I’ll wait until they’re actually up against someone who’s not just cannon fodder and they’re actually away from their midden. 

Still the same shite midfield and defence, if not worse with Benkovic (?) and braceface with long term injuries. 

19 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

True on tonight but the players should show more motivation .Especially the guys not in first 11 

When do we stop blaming the pitches mate 

We never used to do that when we were winners and winning trophies 

Plus without even knowing what the pitch was like to run on etc. I’d still rather play on that than Astro, tripping over fucking rubber pellets that shit is really embarrassing 

i thought the pitch gave they cunts in the spl a riddy, how the fuck can they not afford a grass pitch when teams like Cowdenbeath can.

4 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Plus without even knowing what the pitch was like to run on etc. I’d still rather play on that than Astro, tripping over fucking rubber pellets that shit is really embarrassing 

i thought the pitch gave they cunts in the spl a riddy, how the fuck can they not afford a grass pitch when teams like Cowdenbeath can.

I think Killie  and Livvy have the all weather pitch mate to bring in finance .

To them ,it's a business decision 

The sad thing for me ..Kilmarnock was renowned for having the best grass surface to play on years ago