***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Liking the outbreak of confidence here, where can I get some? 😕

Just remember we pumped them with Pedro in charge and Jo Dodoo running riot. And if we lose tonight the season is over and confidence in the Gerrard revolution will be at an all time low. 

Absolute must win game. 

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Team will be 

McGregor
Tav
Worral
Katic
Barisic
Jack 
Arfield 
Mccrorie
Candeias
Morelos
Kent

Imo

Hopefully. 

Should be the team for every league game untill Goldson is back, shouldn't be fucking about with it at this stage. 

Weak link there is Worrall, but he looks a lot more comfortable playing on the right side. 

10 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Hopefully. 

Should be the team for every league game untill Goldson is back, shouldn't be fucking about with it at this stage. 

Weak link there is Worrall, but he looks a lot more comfortable playing on the right side. 

I agree this is a very strong line up but not sure I agree we need to play it every league game.

We've yet to beat Aberdeen playing this formation this season, the team should be able to play multiple formations - including this one. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see us change to a 442 if things aren't working tonight, although I hope we blow them away in the first 20 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I agree this is a very strong line up but not sure I agree we need to play it every league game.

We've yet to beat Aberdeen playing this formation this season, the team should be able to play multiple formations - including this one. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see us change to a 442 if things aren't working tonight, although I hope we blow them away in the first 20 minutes. 

Not beat them this season with playing that formation, but one game was with 10 men, one with Sadiq up front and the other with Ejaria and Coulibally in the middle. 

While we have a squad that wins with that formation we should stick to it imo. 

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Just remember we pumped them with Pedro in charge and Jo Dodoo running riot. And if we lose tonight the season is over and confidence in the Gerrard revolution will be at an all time low. 

Absolute must win game. 

True - just desperate for a team that doesn't melt under pressure, or lose its shit against a well organised team set out to wreck a game.

Pick McCrorie, threaten Morelos with something medieval if he loses the plot...and I'll only worry about the ref caving in to the bullshit since the weekend 😊

21 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Not beat them this season with playing that formation, but one game was with 10 men, one with Sadiq up front and the other with Ejaria and Coulibally in the middle. 

While we have a squad that wins with that formation we should stick to it imo. 

All valid points.

I still don't think we should have one style of play we stick to, we should have options up our sleeve for different situations and occasions.

I agree tonight should be 433 my point was more we shouldn't insist on it because the other thing we tried didn't work in a freak loss to Kilmarnock. 

Previous seasons at this stage The sheep have ended up getting ahead of us and we end up needing to catch up, The players need to go out and give a performance tonight, Show this season will be different get as much points between us and them as possible.

Archived