Steven Davis

Prso's headband

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The best player on the park today, Ryan Kent, took a good few games to get up to speed with our game. If cunts in here had their way he would have been sent back to Liverpool.

Agreed. But you'd get much more likes if you just called him a rat mate rather than wasting yoir time with valid points.

Most of our other midfielders are match fit. Apparently Davis isn't allowed match time. In fact he shouldn't need to train.

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The best player on the park today, Ryan Kent, took a good few games to get up to speed with our game. If cunts in here had their way he would have been sent back to Liverpool.

Difference is that Kents game fits in with our best style, he just had to find his feet, davis' game doesnt suit us as he's more comfortable in a slow paced game, we dont do that or better still our best performances come from a dynamic pressing midfield that harass and pressure the opponents 

Davis hasnt got the legs for that at all, the killie game showed this

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Agreed. But you'd get much more likes if you just called him a rat mate rather than wasting yoir time with valid points.

Most of our other midfielders are match fit. Apparently Davis isn't allowed match time. In fact he shouldn't need to train.

I'm not making any excuses for him mate, he was miles off it today, but the only way to get him sharp is by playing him. We say that the best time to try new systems or players is at home to the likes of St Mirren, we do it then we get cunts greeting about it:lol:

Canny please all of the people all of the time.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Difference is that Kents game fits in with our best style, he just had to find his feet, davis' game doesnt suit us as he's more comfortable in a slow paced game, we dont do that or better still our best performances come from a dynamic pressing midfield that harass and pressure the opponents 

Davis hasnt got the legs for that at all, the killie game showed this

We didn't know at the start of the season if Kents game was going to fit our style though, plenty experts on here had him written off early and were talking about his previous flops on loan.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Played well today will improve as he gets more games.

I don't think he played well today, but people saying he hasn't showed any signs of the player he was is also wrong. He did the odd wee thing but is severely lacking match sharpness, which is to be expected imo.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Played well today will improve as he gets more games.

He didn't play well today and you know that but for some reason I saw old glimpses in his positioning and movement even if he didn't produce anything. Definitely shouldn't start on Wednesday however.

Definitely the right decision to give him an hour or whatever it was in a game like today. Would need to be some improvement from him though over the coming weeks to be a standout player even against the shit teams in the league never mind the better ones.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

33 is not old in fitbaw if you've looked after yourself. He will be instrumental in our push. Take davie weir or Totti as examples. Playing at the absolute highest level. The latter playing in the hardest position on the park. Davis will be a great addition, no matter how your allegiance lies ie the rat situation. 

I agree.

As soon as he stops being pish.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He didn't play well today and you know that but for some reason I saw old glimpses in his positioning and movement even if he didn't produce anything. Definitely shouldn't start on Wednesday however.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Both him and Defoe don't look fit enough as yet in my opinion. For me particularly Candeias shouldn't be dropped for Davis at the moment, but certainly as he gets fitter we will have options. He remains a decent player, albeit not the most popular with everyone, and he has improved our squad. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We will have to agree to disagree.

You see a different game than most on here Smile. You don't rate Morelos ( or always have a wee dig at least ) and thought Davis played well today. What did he do? To each their own I guess....

Jack mcrorie arfield for me in the middle. All capable of winning the ball and passing/running forward. Davis slows the game down. Will give him the benefit of the doubt at the second but no way does he start on Wednesday against the sheep over those 3. If a player needs a rest at an easy home game then stick him in but he needs to show a lot more to get in the starting 11 over those 3. 

6 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Jack mcrorie arfield

That would be my 3 as well, didn't particularly rate McCrorie earlier in the season as I felt he lacked vision and passing ability, now beginning to think I was being a tad harsh on the boy even though I did say I liked him and thought he'd improve as he learned his new role in the team and he definitely offers us dig in the middle.

Jack has been thriving in his more advanced role but isn't bad at reading the game and dropping off and cutting out danger, he's been excellent this season.

Arfield is another player who I wasn't convinced with and tbh he is hot and cold but is becoming an important player, gets stuck in and always offers support to the strikers. The Livi game I thought he was terrible first half but 2nd half was good, he's going to need to keep up his good form for us to win the league.