Steven Davis

Prso's headband

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

33 is not old in fitbaw if you've looked after yourself. He will be instrumental in our push. Take davie weir or Totti as examples. Playing at the absolute highest level. The latter playing in the hardest position on the park. Davis will be a great addition, no matter how your allegiance lies ie the rat situation. 

Superb post bud...although I have to admit I have been slightly underwhelmed by his performance...he is still a player and In my eyes he will eventually do us a turn

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Katic was dropped when playing very well.

Flanagin was straight into the team when he came and kept in it despite being utter pish.

Not now though, SG is learning management on the hoof and will make a few errors but he is a clever guy and will learn swiftly.

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

33 is not old in fitbaw if you've looked after yourself. He will be instrumental in our push. Take davie weir or Totti as examples. Playing at the absolute highest level. The latter playing in the hardest position on the park. Davis will be a great addition, no matter how your allegiance lies ie the rat situation. 

I don't really like comparisons like that for every good player ages differently. Alves springs to mind as someone who hasn't. Davis may very well find his feet or perhaps a young Kamara is a much better option. Time will tell.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't really like comparisons like that for every good player ages differently. Alves springs to mind as someone who hasn't. Davis may very well find his feet or perhaps a young Kamara is a much better option. Time will tell.

Alves who just nearly signed for juventus and still plays international football for Portugal? Or do you mean another Alves? 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Alves who just nearly signed for juventus and still plays international football for Portugal? Or do you mean another Alves? 

Naw, the one who sits on the bench for Portugal and played like an old man for us. Anyway, you know what I meant. Everyone ages differently.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Naw, the one who sits on the bench for Portugal and played like an old man for us. Anyway, you know what I meant. Everyone ages differently.

He doesn't just sit on the bench for Portugal. Been class this year too and yes he was pish for us, along with the rest of the team, coaching staff and chairmen. 

People do age differently yes. And Davis would be in the category of being fit and young for his age. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

He doesn't just sit on the bench for Portugal. Been class this year too and yes he was pish for us, along with the rest of the team, coaching staff and chairmen. 

People do age differently yes. And Davis would be in the category of being fit and young for his age. 

He does look fit but the jury remains on the fence at this time.

Pointless signing, not better than what we have. Another Nicky Law who shouldn't be picked in front of Jack who hasn't really put a foot wrong and who earlier in the season Gerrard says he was jealous of his performance. McCrorrie and now Kamara should also be ahead of him. Ability over sentimentality should always be the way. Davis played his best football a couple of years ago, thats why they made him captain at Southampton. I've always thought our jersey's been too heavy for him and not goni change now. 

Hasn't done anything that warrants any praise yet, but as others have said he isn't match fit. He completely ran the show when Norn Iron played the beggars in Dublin in November so he's still got 'it'. Give him a bit of time and he'll produce the goods.  Worst case scenario he's out the door in 6 months when his loan is up. Definitely worth the punt, especially in games like today.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

I think he looks like he needs games. It's a loan deal so not concerned about pishness, if it doesn't work he won't be permanent. If, and a big if, we're still in a race for the title come April, him in the squad will make a difference. 

I think he has been promised a deal in the summer.

1 hour ago, barcablue72 said:

Pointless signing, not better than what we have. Another Nicky Law who shouldn't be picked in front of Jack who hasn't really put a foot wrong and who earlier in the season Gerrard says he was jealous of his performance. McCrorrie and now Kamara should also be ahead of him. Ability over sentimentality should always be the way. Davis played his best football a couple of years ago, thats why they made him captain at Southampton. I've always thought our jersey's been too heavy for him and not goni change now. 

Stopped reading at nicky law. Its steven davis ffs never compare him to nonentities like that.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Katic was dropped when playing very well.

Flanagin was straight into the team when he came and kept in it despite being utter pish.

Flanagan had 3 good games. And that was it. He worse so bad other night at cowdenbeath. Has to be just a year and away. Shame as he had it at liverpool before his episodes in the media n injurys

7 minutes ago, Sket said:

Davis wasn't ever anything special first time round. Capable but nothing more.

Davis was one of the first names on the team sheet when we made it to a European final and won 3 league titles in a row against a very decent celtic team. 

But aye he was only capable! 

11 minutes ago, Mancger86 said:

Davis was one of the first names on the team sheet when we made it to a European final and won 3 league titles in a row against a very decent celtic team. 

But aye he was only capable! 

I'm glad you agree.