The potential 5th penalty

jbm26896

What I like about all this is aside from the general disbelief that we were awarded 4 penalties is the implication that there is a maximum ‘sensible’ amount that should be awarded. What the media, twitter feeds etc are really saying is the ref should turn a blind eye if he feels there is a penalty but a couple have already been given 😂

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

What I like about all this is aside from the general disbelief that we were awarded 4 penalties is the implication that there is a maximum ‘sensible’ amount that should be awarded. What the media, twitter feeds etc are really saying is the ref should turn a blind eye if he feels there is a penalty but a couple have already been given 😂

Well, without being too controversial, I would say having awarded 3 penalties and the team being well up I would only expect him to give stonewallers thereafter. Any ones that were borderline and could have gone either way I would expect him to give the benefit of the doubt.

Having said that, the fifth was a stonewaller. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Well, without being too controversial, I would say having awarded 3 penalties and the team being well up I would only expect him to give stonewallers thereafter. Any ones that were borderline and could have gone either way I would expect him to give the benefit of the doubt.

Having said that, the fifth was a stonewaller. 

That was my point - it was a stonewall penalty. 

But not a mention from any media source.

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

This is how it works. Any contentious decision that goes in our favour is forensically anyalised with countless reruns and numerous column inches in the rags. Any controversial decision that goes against us is immediately forgotten. In the game V FC Paedo,  Alfredo’s indiscretions generated a media frenzy, yet a stamp and an elbow thrown at Scott Arfield by the Lego Eater Brown were neither replayed or commented on. Therefore the paranoia is fed and the undercurrent is there must be something in all this Masonic Conspiracy bollox. 

Our club is quite simply not doing enough on this front to counter this 

Maybe they have reason 

35 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I would also urge some caution bears 

I said ages ago ,we would get plenty of decisions for us in the  less important games 

And St Mirren was that game 

The sheep is the pivotal game .I'm more aware of all the calls that's been going against us in these bigger games pre scum game 

And it would not surprise me if we get some bad ones on Wednesday 

I have enjoyed the meltdown as much as anyone mate, but your post is worth reading and remembering. 👍

5 hours ago, They Gnu said:

This is how it works. Any contentious decision that goes in our favour is forensically anyalised with countless reruns and numerous column inches in the rags. Any controversial decision that goes against us is immediately forgotten. In the game V FC Paedo,  Alfredo’s indiscretions generated a media frenzy, yet a stamp and an elbow thrown at Scott Arfield by the Lego Eater Brown were neither replayed or commented on. Therefore the paranoia is fed and the undercurrent is there must be something in all this Masonic Conspiracy bollox. 

Absolutely. On Wednesday night Thompson failed to award us two penalties, awarded one that was not a penalty to Cowdenbeath, and allowed a guy to score from a rebound although he was encroaching within the box when the kick was taken. Not a word about any of this from the media supporters of the establishment club. Yesterday's game provokes extensive whining and moaning from all the usual suspects. 

42 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I would also urge some caution bears 

I said ages ago ,we would get plenty of decisions for us in the  less important games 

And St Mirren was that game 

The sheep is the pivotal game .I'm more aware of all the calls that's been going against us in these bigger games pre scum game 

And it would not surprise me if we get some bad ones on Wednesday 

Me neither. Which joker have they selected from the clowns parade to referee on Wednesday?