Kevin Thomson acting mediator on Twitter for Youth Academy

GEEZABREAK

95 percent of any age group youth team squad at pro clubs are there simply to make up the numbers. Barely any youngster makes it through, had a few run ins with Ross Co and Aberdeen coaches when I ran schools sides - blocking my players playing in schools SC QF and Semis with their mates. Probably some of the biggest games they were likely to play.at youth level. Aberdeen worst to deal with - no surprise really.

37 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

In football many are called but few are chosen.

I always remember when I was younger at the school team. I was a fantastic player and we had a few players who were also really good and had an eye on getting a club, we played Grange who had Charlie Miller in their team, guy was a different level and we realised then we were bang average at best and the guys we thought were decent were actualy just piss poor.

Unreal talent , such a waste 

9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Unreal talent , such a waste 

When their goalie had the ball he would give it to Miller on the edge of the box and he would run up the pitch and score. The rest of their team was absolute shit and it was more a game of can my school out score Charlie Miller. 

1 minute ago, geronimoo said:

When their goalie had the ball he would give it to Miller on the edge of the box and he would run up the pitch and score. The rest of their team was absolute shit and it was more a game of can my school out score Charlie Miller. 

Haha unreal mate , I seen him play for the reserves when they used play at Linlithgow rose ground , my da asked a Rangers scout or something who he was coz he was class  ,I’m sure the lad said he was only 15 to 16 at the most to 

37 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

TBF mate , I remember watching Charlie playing at Ibrox in a youth cup final v Hearts and the game was like that . Kevin Thomas ( the guy who eventually got sacked from st Johnstone for doing drugs on a Christmas night out ) was playing for Hearts that night and done similar . Was like watching a game of 1v1 with the rest of the players just playing a bit part role !  I can't think of any other Rangers youth player that had that kind of effect on the others around him , Barry Ferguson always stood out , but IMO never had the same style of dominating  both teammates and opponents during a game that Miller had at that age . 

8 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

TBF mate , I remember watching Charlie playing at Ibrox in a youth cup final v Hearts and the game was like that . Kevin Thomas ( the guy who eventually got sacked from st Johnstone for doing drugs on a Christmas night out ) was playing for Hearts that night and done similar . Was like watching a game of 1v1 with the rest of the players just playing a bit part role !  I can't think of any other Rangers youth player that had that kind of effect on the others around him , Barry Ferguson always stood out , but IMO never had the same style of dominating  both teammates and opponents during a game that Miller had at that age . 

At an rsc night I was at recently miller was described as the best youth player Rangers had ever had at that time.