Carlos Peña

jackrfc95

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I wonder how much of a back hander Pedro got for this signing.

This is what irks me, the signing was for a lot of money (over 2m ?). 

A few people made an awful lot of money as a result of it i.e. Pena, his agent & his old club & prob a few on the periphery.  

His signing raises way more questions than answers.  

25 words.   As short a statement as it might get and still leaving a fair bit of the statement to contain an 'all the best' message.    No 'we'd like to thank him' sentiment - just a message that the contract has been terminated.

I suppose that could mean its been a unilateral decision by Rangers (ie its not by mutual consent).  If so either Pena accepts (has accepted) the decision and moves on or it's a bit of a Warburtonesque quasi-legal fight to be played out about Rangers' rights to terminate the contract.     Whatever the case its best he is off the books and the Club has freed itself from him. 

30 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

This is what irks me, the signing was for a lot of money (over 2m ?). 

A few people made an awful lot of money as a result of it i.e. Pena, his agent & his old club & prob a few on the periphery.  

His signing raises way more questions than answers.  

Whoever appointed Pedro should have been bulletted as they’ve delayed our progression both player and financial. 

Termination is good news. There were rumours that there was a breach of contract so he won't get a pay off. If we managed that and he has another club then it is a good result for all parties. 

As much as he was frustrating I don't have any particular malice towards the guy. He clearly had potential and I felt his reading of the game showed he had ability. Unfortunately he was ill and this overwhelmed his attitude and his life. I hope he has found some help. His signing was indicative of a lot of the Pedro era. Poor scouting and planning with a lack of understanding of our game - Pedro thought he could control/manage him but was wrong. A player like him should never have been signed and I feel would not be signed now. Best just be glad he's moved on and try and forget all of that time... 

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Is there any evidence that Pena is an alkie? I mean, I remember the picture of him with a four pack, I think there is a bit of difference between a British alkie and pretty much any other nation including Columbia 

I’ve never bought a four pack in my life, I’ve       Usually done 3 cans before HT and I barely drink.

I think you can call yourself an alcoholic when your sooking  the chanblox out the urinals and drinking aftershave.

I think him checking into rehab might be one of those subtle signs that he has a drink problem mate

Shame, I had 50 quid on him being top scorer from February till the end of the season, he could have went on to do great things for us

Now that "we've got rid" i still think he would have been decent if given a chance.

I think he only played what 15 games and scored 5, not a bad return from someone in and out of the team.

Yes the wages he was being paid were ludicrous but that has nothing to do with the goal return stats.