***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Morelos and Rangers failed to win the challenge against a red card shown to the Colombian in Wednesday’s 4-2 win against Aberdeen.

The Ibrox ace is now banned for tonight’s Scottish Cup clash at Kilmarnock as well as the league clash with St Johnstone on February 17.

The third match of the three-game ban must be served in the league which means he could play in any cup replay against Killie. Instead he is poised to miss a league clash with Hamilton.

I’ve been telling folk that but no-one believes me. You obviously have better bar-presence 😀

Just now, EastEnclosureBear said:

Agreed mate. Lafferty can hold the ball up, we missed that tonight from Mo. 

2 chances to hold the ball up tonight. Headed the first one straight up in the air under no pressure, with a shout of "time" from players around him then fell over the ball the second chance he had.

Another stat that everybody appears to have missed is the failure to go on a winning run.

Even though a draw is not a disaster as we're still in the cup, the hope that we get this consistent run going has taken a dunt at 4 wins.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Simply can't play with Defoe in the middle of a front 3, he doesn't suit our style at all, felt Lafferty would've offered much much more in there and did in the 5 minutes he got 

We've either got to change the shape to accommodate Defoe (not the right option in my opinion) or accept that he's a square peg in a round hole & should only be used as an impact sub

Jesus wept. Our style is what the manager wants it to be and if it changes to suit personel or the oppo, then so be it.  If no Morelos he HAS to change it and he didn't. Defoe is no lone striker.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Jesus wept. Our style is what the manager wants it to be and if it changes to suit personel or the oppo, then so be it.  If no Morelos he HAS to change it and he didn't. Defoe is no lone striker.

Defoe isn't a lone striker I agree with that and I would argue Lafferty isn't either but he does a better job of it than Defoe does

Gerrards preferred (and I think the fans preferred) formation is 4-3-3 & if that's the case then we can't be starting Defoe in any match we play it, it simply doesn't work. 

He's a good impact sub when the other team are tired or chasing a goal but he was barely involved tonight

11 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Halliday was just as poor in possession as Tav but they both defended well along with Goldson and Worral.

Tav was fucking well below par. Missing in action at right back for most of it and going forward couldn't pass water. Again, luckily he had Candieas doing his job for him.

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

2 chances to hold the ball up tonight. Headed the first one straight up in the air under no pressure, with a shout of "time" from players around him then fell over the ball the second chance he had.

Aye ok we get it you won't be marrying Lafferty.

He was only on for ten minutes ffs. You want me to go around the fuck ups than many made tonight in 90 fucking minutes.!

Killie are always up for a game against us now and it doesn’t help the cunts have an advantage with their fucking pitch in their home games. 

We need to show we can play without Morelos so hopefully we come good over the next few games. 

To me, that was Killie going flat out and we dealt with it, they can’t sustain that level and will crumble over the remainder of the season. 

So many players not at their best today it was fucking brutal. I can't be fucked with the idea of playing these cunts twice more this season. Every game against them home or away (barring one) has been hard to watch. Should've/could've won as per usual, if Tav scored the pen but struggled to create much outwith Defoe's chance late on.

On a different note, I hope the compliance officer bans that cunt that booted Jack in the face. Most blatant red card of the fucking week and he'll get away with it! Given they just fucked over that hibs player yesterday even though he had a yellow for his challenge, they've set the precedent to go ahead and upgrade this yellow to a red and ban the cunt. Was ridiculous and dangerous. That, and Broadfoot should've been off too. Imagine Morelos barged a player miles off the ball like he did? He'd have seen a booking. Utter fucking joke as expected at this point. 

Dreading the next couple league games without Morelos.

And rip up Jones' pre-contract for fucks sake! He's going to get the shock of his life when he comes to us if he expects to get away with the half-arsed pish he does at Killie. He's shocking!

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Killie are always up for a game against us now and it doesn’t help the cunts have an advantage with their fucking pitch in their home games. 

We need to show we can play without Morelos so hopefully we come good over the next few games. 

To me, that was Killie going flat out and we dealt with it, they can’t sustain that level and will crumble over the remainder of the season. 

Agreed that pitch is a equaliser for them.

At home I reckon we'll be to beat them. Having morelos back for that game will he a huge boost. 

For the next league game I'd go 442 with lafferty and Defoe up front. Together I think they could do some damage up front. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Aye ok we get it you won't be marrying Lafferty.

He was only on for ten minutes ffs. You want me to go around the fuck ups than many made tonight in 90 fucking minutes.!

He does it near enough every game he's started or came on as sub.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

At home I reckon we'll be to beat them. Having morelos back for that game will he a huge boost. 

For the next league game I'd go 442 with lafferty and Defoe up front. Together I think they could do some damage up front. 

No 4 3 3 with Defoe benched 

7 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

…….listening to SG's post match interview...….he was satisfied with that tonight.

I would not share his view.   Far from it. 

It was a cast iron certainty that he would be “satisfied”. We have seen that particular show far too many times this season.

17 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Tav was fucking well below par. Missing in action at right back for most of it and going forward couldn't pass water. Again, luckily he had Candieas doing his job for him.

:lol: Jones did fuck all of note all night due to his defensive display. Candieas bailed him and Goldson out once after a ball up the inside of them. Fuck all else.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

No 4 3 3 with Defoe benched 

We've tried lafferty up front on his own didn't work. Started games at home vs livi and Hamilton. He was useless. 

Reckon the gaffer will try the 2 up front as I don't think it suits either lafferty or Defoe playing lone striker 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've tried lafferty up front on his own didn't work. Started games at home vs livi and Hamilton. He was useless. 

Reckon the gaffer will try the 2 up front as I don't think it suits either lafferty or Defoe playing lone striker 

Sorry misread it and realised you said league game. 

I honestly don’t know who or how he will play it but I like the idea of 4 4 1 1 with Kyle playing behind Defoe.

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The reason teams started moving away from the 4-4-2 is because they were getting outnumbered in midfield.  Many teams play 3 men in the middle of the park now and you need to compete with that or lose control of the game.  The 4-3-3 is a far superior formation and that’s why lone strikers like Morelos are so highly sought after.  

Archived