***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Much as I would like to offer more support to Defoe, we have to win the battle in the middle first as we did against celtic and Aberdeen until the referee intervened.

Killie are strong in there even though the players themselves are average.

McCrorie, Jack, Arfield must be the first names on the team sheet.

I also like the idea of Halliday instead of Barisic because Andy gets it.

Up to the others to create chances for Defoe and, if they do, he’ll see us all right.

The earlier game when Murphy got injured should be the template again today.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Anybody want to get a sweepstake going on which Rangers players will be targeted tonight for the CO to look at on Monday morning. 

Ryan Jack has been left alone for awhile he looks the easiest target to fall back on. 

Definitely Jack.

As you say he hasn't been targeted as much by refs this season, though opposition players seem to have carte blanche to boot fuck out of him (more often than not with no attempt to go for the ball).

Think I'll go for Arfield and possibly Goldson to both get the forensic levels of examination of any incidents they are involved in.

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Much as I would like to offer more support to Defoe, we have to win the battle in the middle first as we did against celtic and Aberdeen until the referee intervened.

Up to the others to create chances for Defoe and, if they do, he’ll see us all right.

Good post Colin

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Barisic is a better defender than Halliday.

Got to be kidding ,Barisic will get a roasting from any reasonable winger.Just pray he is not playing at the paedodome next month  

I'm having nightmares at the thoughti

I think Barisic was exposed second half due to the lack of cover in front of him and therefore the criticism is harsh imo. Felt a lot of the criticism of Tav for not dealing with 2 players attacking down our right was unfair at the time as well. On Wednesday Barisic found him between a rock and hard place a lot as well. Tuck in or press.

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The formation is.

Formation is no good if you don’t have the players to play it. 

Defoe can’t play with his back to goal 40 yards out with 6 defenders behind him, he plays off the ball that he got at Aberdeen quick ball played through the channels one touch and bang. 

He won’t get that space or service in a 4-3-3. Hope I’m totally wrong mind you. 😂😂

1 hour ago, DiamondBear said:

This cup for me “we’re in it tae win it!”

My heart wants 5/6 nil, with 4 penalties to the Famous!

Head will settle for a victory and NO red cards for us 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Will need to wait till Monday on the Red cards, but I will take the result. 👍👍

29 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I think Barisic was exposed second half due to the lack of cover in front of him and therefore the criticism is harsh imo. Felt a lot of the criticism of Tav for not dealing with 2 players attacking down our right was unfair at the time as well. On Wednesday Barisic found him between a rock and hard place a lot as well. Tuck in or press.

He reminded me a lot of Wallace.Poor when faced up to a winger and completely unable to stop crosses coming into the box.Roasted by Stewart on Wed and it could have cost us.Halliday must play tonight

16 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

He reminded me a lot of Wallace.Poor when faced up to a winger and completely unable to stop crosses coming into the box.Roasted by Stewart on Wed and it could have cost us.Halliday must play tonight

Funny that he was fine in the first half when Kent was wide left but struggled when Morelos went off and Kent went narrow, leaving him to deal with both players on Aberdeens right side. Halliday would have struggled just as badly.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

I don't think we can leave barisic out as his delivery onto the box will be crucial for Defoe to get on the scoresheet today. 

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

A lot of the criticism of Barisic stems from him appearing timid so far in his play, esp his defending. 

Don’t recall him imposing himself, or even better absolutely crunching someone.  

Think the concern is exasperated by the fact he’s probably one of the most physically imposing players we have. 

Hopefully it’s early days & he gets a grip of the way the game is played here.  

7 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

A lot of the criticism of Barisic stems from him appearing timid so far in his play, esp his defending. 

Don’t recall him imposing himself, or even better absolutely crunching someone.  

Think the concern is exasperated by the fact he’s probably one of the most physically imposing players we have. 

Hopefully it’s early days & he gets a grip of the way the game is played here.  

That can defo be labeled against him but I don't think it comes from him being a shitebag and probably just due to him having a stop start beginning to his career here and he's holding back out of fear of being injured again.

Archived