***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

First time the ball was played up to him he headed it straight up in the air. And that's what he does every time he plays. Miss a half chance, give away some needless fouls and head the ball up in the air a few times. He's utter garbage mate.

He’s shite but he’s still a better fit physically for the style of football we were trying to play tonight than Defoe is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Not a sniff for the rest of the game though, he obviously noticed this and in the time when Lafferty was getting ready to come on this hadn’t changed

That's the thing though, Defoe usually only needs 1 chance, that 1 ones the closest we came bar the penalty.

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I couldn't even get a link.

Torture mate.

I got one from this thread VIP and to be fair it was OK, it seems a real lucky bag whether these links work or not. 

I just think it is ridiculous for the SFA to go with a third TV station, bloody nuts, but hopefully we will get to the replay. :thumbup:  

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

The manager was slow with the subs again. The game (for me) was crying out for someone like Davis to make those passes in behind that Defoe could work with.

I also thought Candeias, despite his hard work, was poor and should have been swapped for Middleton and Kent brought over to the right. That would have given Kilmarnock something to think about.

Tbh I think our players are scared of the pitch rightly so it's a disgrace at Ibrox on grass we should take 3/4 off them

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

2 subs on at 83 and 87 mins was a fuckin joke , should have been made 5-10 mins into second half.......

Yes but he played for a draw or not to lose and it worked. 

It was the same against the sheep where he played not to lose after it went to 10 v 10.

Fustrating as a fan but he’s got what he set out for and that can only be looked at as good management.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s shite but he’s still a better fit physically for the style of football we were trying to play tonight than Defoe is.

So would one of the CB's but they'd still be just as chronic mate c'mon to fuck.

Get the ball down and play a bit. We looked at our best tonight in the very small periods where we got it down and knocked it around.

5 minutes ago, Vision said:

Don't know what Gerrard sees in Jones, might be good 1 v 1 but when do you ever see a Rangers winger in a 1 v 1 situation.

I like Jones. He is fast and good with the ball at his feet (well shouldn't all pro footballers be?) and can take players on. He always plays decent against us and the scum so I assume he's also good in other games. He'll offer us good options.

Just now, EastEnclosureBear said:

I’d start both v St Johnstone tbh.

I think it could help get Defoe involved more in the game if it pushes the play up the park, worth considering as a plan B at least because the service and chances were just not there for Defoe tonight and its a big ask to expect 1 chance, 1 goal every time.

4 minutes ago, Gazza'sFlute said:

Theyve just said the replay is on the 20th of feb. That would rule Fred out for the replay and he'd be back for hamilton away.

If that's the rule then yes, Alfie (and most likely McGregor) will miss St. Johnstone at home and the replay and be back for Hamilton.

5 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I thought Lafferty seemed to hold the ball up well and bring the midfield into the game a bit further forward in the short time he was on, would be tempted to try him and Defoe in a 4-4-2.

He literally never held the ball up once mate.

What the actual fuck.

That was brutal.

Not a lot of quality coming from midfield. We are still lacking quality in centre mid. Davis may be the answer, but 5 minute cameo appearances will do nothing. Drastic in the final third. Shot shy in front of goal and Defoe cannot play as a lone striker.

The timing of Gerrard's sub's remains fucking awful. Lafferty should have been on early second half to either play alongside Defoe or to replace him.

No apologies, Tav had a fucking mare. Ran his heart out, but decision making was poor as was his passing and never let him near a dead ball again. 

McCrorie, Candieas, Halliday solid.

High balls into the box just won't do. 

On the plus side, that was their cup final and we will shred them at Ibrox.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Ross McCrorie is the only player that gives 100% every single game. Never shirks out a challenge or fuck all. 

If he could shoot he'd be fucking unbelievable. A midfield warrior and one of our own. Plenty of time for him to improve.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Tbh I think our players are scared of the pitch rightly so it's a disgrace at Ibrox on grass we should take 3/4 off them

Not wanting to use it as an excuse KK, but I do think you might have a point about our players and that pitch. 

Poor performance but not a disaster. Worried another late sucker punch was coming.

Back at home fancy us to beat them.

Gaffer left the subs far too late, not the first time this season. Should have happen 15 mins before. 

We should be asking some serious questions after this week why power and broadfoot were still on the pitch. 

So.   Is it realistic to think that after all the talk we've had from SG about needing to make sure we start games correctly and have the mentality to win the individual battles and to impose our game on the opposition that yet again, yet again, there is an abject failure to do so?

Why is that?   He can't keep saying that sort of thing then every other game we see the team shrinking back into a shell and refusing to step up through the gears.

Or was this game about money?  About both sides conveniently playing out a turd-like draw so that gate receipts (and TV money) are generated from a replay.    I'm not too serious with that suggestion as if there were any shred of reality in it then there would be trouble.   But the thing is it seemed to be a collective team effort to play so badly and (it seemed) not really be trying all that hard to score.    A very convenient draw with all to play for and with some more money to be made in doing so.   

Will be very interested to hear what SG has to say after this game.   More of the same 'not good enough' type of comment will not be good enough.

Archived