Morelos incident

Virtuoso

If you look at it both incidents happen at nearly exactly the same time McKenna reacted violently  to the initial push not the  leg incident so straight red for the Aberdeen  player 100 percent he tried to put his studs in someones face for getting pushed

Morelos might have got away with a booking

Good thing we have Defoe to cover next few games

Itll be rescinded but McKenna's was violent regardless of the lack of contact. Seeing it a few times only made it more apparent just how aggressive the kick is. What moreles does is much akin to their penalty: you see it at least a few times every match day. I'd love to know where people think his feet or legs should be during a challenge for the ball because short of phasing out of this dimension I don't see how he avoids the contact he made with McKenna. Maybe he should just stop ragdolling these poor wee souls about and let them have the ball.

1 hour ago, RDB14 said:

We are not going to bring in anyone better than Morelos unless it's a complete fluke.  Regardless of silly incidents or not, we will get good money for him down the line.  I'd still rather he stayed though.

Wow talk about ambition fella, you think Rangers will never sign a striker better than Morelos? shall we just fold now then ?

2 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Wow talk about ambition fella, you think Rangers will never sign a striker better than Morelos? shall we just fold now then ?

I agree. I don’t think we will find it easy to fill those boots. Not saying never but as the man said we’ll need a fair bit of luck.

40 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Why did madden put his card back in his pocket after sending McKenna off, and wait almost 2 mins before sending Morelos off?

Probably his assistant ref who would have been listening to someone else in his ear ,saying send that bastard off

29 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I agree. I don’t think we will find it easy to fill those boots. Not saying never but as the man said we’ll need a fair bit of luck.

I think tonight Alfredo sealed his fate 

Next big offer that comes in .We will sell him at end of season 

It's a red. All day long.

If their roles are switched and it's McKenna trying to rake Morelos in the balls, everyone is screaming for a red.

If you can't see why he's been sent off you either have severe learning difficulties or you're a compulsive liar.

EDIT: Exceptions made for Dan Deacon who is both.

Was never a red card.  I'm making a prediction that after Morelos moves to the EPL or one of the top European teams, he will never get another red card.  He might get the odd yellow card for being aggressive in challenges but if he plays in a league with professional, unbiased refereeing he will not get a single red card.  Referees in Scotland are always waiting for any opportunity at all to send him off, even when they know it will be rescinded as soon as we appeal.  The question is why other than them being biased cheats....?

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think tonight Alfredo sealed his fate 

Next big offer that comes in .We will sell him at end of season 

Do you think? Everybody gets so annoyed when he gets sent off because we’re not the same team without him. Lafferty or Defoe aren’t going to fill that void. Saying we’re struggling if we can’t get Kent next season one way or another 

3 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

IMO with the way he was playing all game building up to it, going in for challenges and into players with no intention of playing the ball, hes dug is own grave.

He left the boot in and tried to rake Mckenna's leg, no complaints from me, i like that hes physical but by fuck does he need to wisen up, wont ever get his EPL move doing daft shit like that on the regular. tonnes of potential in the lad to go on and be a quality player, just needs to grow up, quickly.

That's never a straight red,behave yourself.

Several camera angles. Replayed multiple times. 6 pages of discussion ranging from defo straight red to defo rescinded. 

I will admit that watching it on RTV last night I felt Madden made the right call.

Watching over and over again and reading all the back and forth debate here I think that Morelos has been petulant and sneaky with the way he swings his leg. It’s not needed at all. But it’s not worthy of a red on its own. 

The ref didn’t have the benefit of 8 hours reflection, multiple angles and multiple replays. I have no complaints that he called it a red. 

I think Madden had a very decent game last night and if we do appeal then regardless of the outcome I won’t blame Madden. 

Is it just me or have the refs been better since the big meeting 

5 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Morelos has developed a lot in the short space of time he has been here.  We can maybe get someone with the same potential but even then it's tough.  There's a reason when we sell him that he will go for £10-20mill.  We won't spend that on his replacement so as I said, unless we get very lucky, we aren't going to replace like for like.