Morelos incident

Virtuoso

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stop deflecting. I've said the stuff afterwards is ridiculous.

Moving foot, coming down in an unnatural way does not equate to a stamp, excessive force or brutality.

I've said I get why Madden sent both off and haven't been critical of him, and that I hate the person starting incidents to get off lighter than the person who reacts to it.

My point is that now, moving on from what happened and reflecting on the rules for any appeal, it doesn't fit the criteria for a red.

Take away the sheep player also getting a red, Morelos play acting afterwards and isolate his action alone, there's simply no excessive force or brutality and as such it should be considered a yellow

I get where you're coming from but if you're going to just isolate the Morelos incident on its own and ignore the whole thing, you're not getting the entire picture of what happened

If we're not calling it a stamp then he leaves 1 in on McKenna and you can argue whether that's worthy of a red or not, opinions seems to differ reading this thread anyway, my opinion is if it's on a Rangers player I'm wanting the guy who done it sent off. The rest of it (play acting basically) could easily be worthy of a yellow on its own so aye, he could've got 2 yellows for the whole thing but ended up with a red.  

The whole thing was petulant, silly & brought on by Morelos who up until that point had done his job perfectly. He'd bullied them without being too physical & had toed the line but then decides for whatever reason to do that. 

I'll be absolutely shocked if we get it rescinded this time & wouldn't be surprised if we actually don't even appeal it.

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Im assuming those believing last night was a red by definition of excessive force or brutality are also of the opinion he should have been sent off for one of several incidents on the scum game? Little difference in force, brutality levels, where contact was made etc. 

He should have been sent off in that games. We got lucky that he didn’t and we’re even luckier that the officiating and decision making in this country is a joke so he wasn’t banned retroactively.

He’s a quality player but he needs to stop kicking out. I don’t know how even his staunchest of defenders can’t see that it’s becoming an issue.

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I love the guy but you're so blinkered when it comes to him it's unreal

Of course they do but that doesn't mean he was in the right to get involved

Actually watch it without your “Mo is a Petulant Liability” glasses on and you will clearly see as McKenna falls back he hooks Mo’s leg with his leg and Mo has no other option than to put his foot down on him, then as he steps away McKenna boots him in the face.

We appeal this it should be rescinded. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He should have been sent off in that games. We got lucky that he didn’t and we’re even luckier that the officiating and decision making in this country is a joke so he wasn’t banned retroactively.

He’s a quality player but he needs to stop kicking out. I don’t know how even his staunchest of defenders can’t see that it’s becoming an issue.

Well if he did kick out last night I would agree with you. 

16 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I get where you're coming from but if you're going to just isolate the Morelos incident on its own and ignore the whole thing, you're not getting the entire picture of what happened

If we're not calling it a stamp then he leaves 1 in on McKenna and you can argue whether that's worthy of a red or not, opinions seems to differ reading this thread anyway, my opinion is if it's on a Rangers player I'm wanting the guy who done it sent off. The rest of it (play acting basically) could easily be worthy of a yellow on its own so aye, he could've got 2 yellows for the whole thing but ended up with a red.  

The whole thing was petulant, silly & brought on by Morelos who up until that point had done his job perfectly. He'd bullied them without being too physical & had toed the line but then decides for whatever reason to do that. 

I'll be absolutely shocked if we get it rescinded this time & wouldn't be surprised if we actually don't even appeal it.

Much of that I agree with. At the appeal if there is one it shouldn't be about evening it up, about another player being red carded too, it  has to be about the individual action.

It's not about what I want. I'm not criticising the ref for sending him off, I hate his play acting and want him punished for being a stupid cunt, want him challenged by SG for puting us in a position of nearly costing us points he heavily contributed towards us winning.

I'm saying technically for what he did people need to reflect on current legislation. It wasn't excessive force or brutality. His foot made some contact with the player, yes. It was petulant not aggressive. It wasn't a forceful downward motion, there was no stamp.

As much as it's unnecessary and not what we want to see, it simply isn't within the criteria for a red if you watch the action alone which is what the panel should do.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

An edge shouldn't mean needless stupidity, and that's what he's shown too often. An edge shouldn't cost us points but last night, not for the first time, that's nearly what happened.

Petulance isn't an edge.

You are gonna get that side when he plays on the edge IMO. He wants to fight opposition defenders at times he will go OTT but take that away we have lost 50% of the player IMO  

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It absolutely is an issue. His petulance is ridiculous, he needs hammered for it.

But it's petulance and stupidity, not excessive force or brutality which it needs to be for a red card these days, as defined when his red in August was rescinded.

1 minute ago, backup said:

some excellent photos from WV of last nightsgame and incidents.

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery/060219-Aberdeen-v-Rangers/G0000s_w0ojRcxTY/C0000u3XFEHSAcng

You can't use a still photo too judge when the issue is about force , motion etc 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

You are gonna get that side when he plays on the edge IMO. He wants to fight opposition defenders at times he will go OTT but take that away we have lost 50% of the player IMO  

He's not fighting when he's getting reds for petulant kicks.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Actually watch it without your “Mo is a Petulant Liability” glasses on and you will clearly see as McKenna falls back he hooks Mo’s leg with his leg and Mo has no other option than to put his foot down on him, then as he steps away McKenna boots him in the face.

We appeal this it should be rescinded. 

I'm not sure why you put that in speech marks because I never said that?

I have watched it and as I said earlier I think it's 50/50 as to whether or not it's a red. Mckenna never pulled his leg though that's mental talk

I doubt we will ever get him to change as it seems to just be part of his make up.  He takes a fair amount of abuse and  if Madden had blown for a foul for Morelos when McKenna first started to foul him then they both may have remained on the park.   Morelos looks like a young version of Diego Costa.  Superb ability with a bit of anger.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

I'm not sure why you put that in speech marks because I never said that?

I have watched it and as I said earlier I think it's 50/50 as to whether or not it's a red. Mckenna never pulled his leg though that's mental talk

Watch it McKennas leg lifts Mos up in the air and he has nowhere else to put it but on his arse. 

Its never a Red mate. 

McKenna tried to pull Morelos down and fell over because Morelos shrugs him off. Morelos has his balance and complete control of where he can land but he leaves his foot in and then actually moves it towards McKenna’s leg as it comes down and has a little stamp on him. I absolutely love the guy as a player and it’s a red card that is dividing opinion so people will disagree with me but IMO he has nobody to blame but himself for last night.