How Do We Protect Morelos ?

tannerall

Okay, we know he's petulant, and on seeing the sending off incident he probably left his foot in there hitting McKenna and provoking the response.

However, most games now he's bundled and battered around straight from kick-off. And the big problem is he's stuck on his own up front with no other support. 

Some players thrive on that, like Cosgrove tonight, but when Defoe came on did we see him taking anything like the same physical provocation ? No. Quite simply cause Defoe has the experience and nous to deal with it.

And that may be the first answer. I think Morelos needs to get really cheeky and clever, and gain the experience of getting free kicks early, (like Defoe did straight away), putting the pressure on the ref to protect him. Maybe Defoe can help there. 

But one of the other problems is that there's no on taking the brunt of the pressure off him, so he's dealing with it constantly.  Does he need someone alongside to take the presure off ?

And are our midfielders too busy looking after themselves to help out ?

He played it perfectly first half reacting to nothing and scoring twice, fuck knows what Tav was thinking about dragging Ferguson about when simply standing close by would have nullified him, sheer stupidity let them back into the game, Morelos was equally as daft prodding the defender in the baws, malicious no but stupid certainly, we went to shit when he was sent off its so frustrating as when he is on song he is unplayable, he is no fucking use to us in the stand.

He needs to learn to play as part of a 2.

hes brilliant as a lone striker, but every team now knows it, and channels their energy against him.

i was at Stenhousemuir v Aberdeen replay last week(stenny my local team) and as we were leaving big McKenna was walking by eating pizza provided by stenny, whilst on his phone.

tbf, I was half cut and roared at him Morelos was gonna take the shit out of him next week and he just smiled and laughed.. 

tonight he did, and prob nothing I said but 

McKenna looked like a skoolboy our there.

i think maybe Defoe and Lafferty together could work, as soon as it went 10 v10 we looked 10 v 9. 

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Okay, we know he's petulant, and on seeing the sending off incident he probably left his foot in there hitting McKenna and provoking the response.

However, most games now he's bundled and battered around straight from kick-off. And the big problem is he's stuck on his own up front with no other support. 

Some players thrive on that, like Cosgrove tonight, but when Defoe came on did we see him taking anything like the same physical provocation ? No. Quite simply cause Defoe has the experience and nous to deal with it.

Defore hasn't got the stature to play like that. He's a different sort of player.

I've no problem with Morelos being phyiscal, holding off his man, even barging them a bit. But he needs to smarted up. After the ref warns him he stops being so obvious. Leaving the boot in wasn't smart and it's gotten him sent off. Problem is, players leave the boot in on him all the time and get away with it. No wonder he lashes out. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I do know why he does what he does. He was unplayable to that point. Would have scored 3 or 4

Was on fire up until that incident , two classy finishes , but you could see something was coming.

Barisic got slaughtered from the boss for rolling around as if he was shot......

19 minutes ago, tannerall said:

And that may be the first answer. I think Morelos needs to get really cheeky and clever, and gain the experience of getting free kicks early, (like Defoe did straight away), putting the pressure on the ref to protect him. Maybe Defoe can help there. 

But one of the other problems is that there's no on taking the brunt of the pressure off him, so he's dealing with it constantly.  Does he need someone alongside to take the presure off ?

And are our midfielders too busy looking after themselves to help out ?

It’s a yellow at most.

how can Morelos receive the same punishment as someone who lifted his foot up to stud Alfie in the face.

baffling decision but not unexpected after all the shite in the media over the last few days about us and refs