Morelos card appealed.

backup

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Knew this was coming as it had nothing to do with the incident and was all about external perception and pressure. Fucking laughable when you see that real of the scums players from Wednesday.

That, I do agree with - SFA need checks and balances on the weighting of media scrutiny. It's becoming far too reactionary, and is open for abuse.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Knew this was coming as it had nothing to do with the incident and was all about external perception and pressure. Fucking laughable when you see that real of the scums players from Wednesday.

That is the thing, every incident should be judged on its own merits. This one clearly wasn't.

4 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

The way i see it he drags his left foot as if to tap McKenna on the follow through with his momentum. He misses as McKenna rolls back, keeps lifting his leg tries to catch his baws. Slightly misses. Then bend's at knee and pushes foot back to catch his baws. 

I doing see any "tangle off legs" it's still harsh but he was always going to be treated harsh but I can see his intent to leave something on McKenna as part of the follow through and that's why he's got a ban.

Fuckin McInnes couldnae have put it better himself 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

He went in hard to begin with but that’s what Morelos does all the time. To be honest there’s times he goes for the tussle first rather than the ball even when it’s not a 50 50 and that does my head in.

Yes he goes in hard, and if anything he probably fouled first by shoving him down the way he does,  everything after that is McKennas fault IMO.

Morelos has been stitched up by the media here. 

There's definitely an argument for him not being wise enough to reign it in, but why should he? I don't deny he can be stupid sometimes and I get frustrated by that, but watching the latest 'offence' in real time there's no chance it's a red.

They know writing about him in a controversial manner gets hits/sales so they do it. All the while putting pressure on the boy. 

Fuck them, funnily doesn't suit some peoples agendas though.But those agendas have put him to the sword.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

three games, yet Mckenna only gets two?

how the hell is that even close to being fair.   There is simply no consistency.

Morelos got a 2 game ban (for the straight red) + an additional one game ban for appealing and losing. Same for McKenna, but they didn’t appeal his hence they accepted a 2 game ban. If they had appealed McKenna’s card and lost, he too would have had a 3 game ban. So actually it is consistent and fair. 

Morelos didn’t actually do much to McKenna which is the sad part, but he could have avoided it altogether, I think he did have time to remove his leg but chose to leave it in and give the referee a decision. 

Anyway, I’m over it. Morelos’s loss is Defoe’s gain. For the first time we do have options. 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We need to come out fighting, fuck all this respectful of the refs shite. We're being pilloried in the press and charged as a direct result. Its a corrupt fucking scam, there's no way 3 impartial members have seen the video angles presented by Rangers as seen on here and still deem that a red. There's no way the scum legitly walk out of 3 incidents on Wednesday with 1 yellow and we come from our game with 5 games suspensions.

Now is the time.. In fact it's now or never to take the cunts head on.

Recruit some one as Ambassador and put them front and central at all opportunities to slate the biased corrupt bastards. Do the minimum obliged contractually in the press and all media via RTV. Get our techie guys to watch every incident in other games and the club report incidents to the compliance officer. Eye for an eye time.

Corrupt shower of scum.

Totally agree, whole thing is a farce, no guidelines or set practice a complete lottery, lawyers would have field day with it.

Also the whole circus is taking even more attention off the disgraceful cover up going on with the scum and real scandal.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Its a very soft red card and should have been downgraded. It’s even more harsh that because it’s his second of the season he gets an extra match. And if McKenna doesn’t try kicking him he probably doesn’t even get booked.

But it should be a learning curve. There’s no need to get involved. From the behind angle it looks like he tries to take his studs, from the behind angle it almost looks like he tries to boot McKenna but McKenna trying to boot him tangles his legs up. The replays make it all look worse and that’s the problem with getting involved - video evidence isn’t the panacea that people think it is. It makes your actions look worse once it’s been slowed down and analysed from all angles.

Defo they it down and see the kick but in real time it’s not so bad, in this case it did look like a double kick when slowed down and Kris Boyd laboured this point

7 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

The way i see it he drags his left foot as if to tap McKenna on the follow through with his momentum. He misses as McKenna rolls back, keeps lifting his leg tries to catch his baws. Slightly misses. Then bend's at knee and pushes foot back to catch his baws. 

I doing see any "tangle off legs" it's still harsh but he was always going to be treated harsh but I can see his intent to leave something on McKenna as part of the follow through and that's why he's got a ban.

Bert contrabanned please. 

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Operation stop ten in a row is definitely in full flow...

Was it smile or sporting integrity that predicted this??

@Bluepeter9paranoid? 

Fuckin shockin that all happened on the same night and fuck all was done about any of it.

Uefa should be looking at this..........

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Brown can literally do whatever the fuck he likes on the park. he could stamp on someones head and the media would say nothing. When morelos got slaughtered by them after the game on the 29th I said that what he did was stuff that brown gets away with every single week.

Do you think Hibs give a fuck when it's separate entity FC getting away with murder whilst one their players are cited in the same game?If it was Rangers they would be going nuts and that's the problem apart from Craig Levein the rest of Scottish football only care when it's Rangers.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Uck we will just have to start one of the most deadly strikers in English Premier league history now. 

Beelin lol

Let’s be fair though, he will not offer us what Alf does in terms of being the guy who terrorises the opposition and links play well. We just need to look at how we play in the matches that alfie misses.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

McInnes wouldn’t have the brass neck to even try and describe it like that. 

It's literally the worst take I've seen on it.   Especially posted on a Rangers forum.

To cap it off his next post was saying that Mckennas looks worse than it was because he raised his legs :lol:

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Unbelievable.  I don't see any of that.

Just watch the left leg from the camera angle shot from the stand at the opposite goal. 

Reduce speed to 0.25 

Morelos is lifting his leg and flicking towards. Misses twice, foot ends up between mckennas legs. McKennas kick springs up as he retaliates and morelos pushes his boot down with a bit of force. 

If he'd clipped his backside on the initial follow through he's have got away with it . 

2 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

Just watch the left leg from the camera angle shot from the stand at the opposite goal. 

Reduce speed to 0.25 

Morelos is lifting his leg and flicking towards. Misses twice, foot ends up between mckennas legs. McKennas kick springs up as he retaliates and morelos pushes his boot down with a bit of force. 

If he'd clipped his backside on the initial follow through he's have got away with it . 

Doggy eyes 

Archived