Morelos card appealed.

backup

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I thought it was a red at the time but I am delighted we have appealed and based on that behind mckenna angle I think we stand a great chance 

Delighted we've appealed too based on what we've seen since & fingers crossed. I just think they'll make an example of Morelos here and won't overturn it but hopefully I'm wrong

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A leg breaker? He kicked him in the face :lol:

I know but before the kick in the face,  McKenna wraps his legs around Morelos for me that is an act to do damage. it's a good job that Morelos knows how to break free of a challenge like that. Imagine if he didn't and the damage he could have done. 

see TMB's video.

6 hours ago, TMB said:

I initially thought Morelos had stamped him in the balls.  However, these replays show that his leg got caught up with McKenna's.  Alfredo's done nothing wrong here. 

gif.thumb.gif.397fc0202bcaab96903edac1a64c4b1e.gif

At the time from the other camera angle it looked like there was a second kick from Morelos. After looking at TMBs gif you can see the second kick is actually McKenna's right heel making contact with Morelos' shin guard forcing his leg to make the second movement. Alfredo has genuinely done fuck all wrong here.

6 hours ago, TMB said:

I initially thought Morelos had stamped him in the balls.  However, these replays show that his leg got caught up with McKenna's.  Alfredo's done nothing wrong here. 

I thought it was a straight red as well, not now he does nothing wrong - one of those rare instances when slowed down actually helps.  Has to get it rescinded (but they'll ban McGregor to make up for it, even though he was protecting himself)

McKenna on the other hand has totally lost the plot there.

As a wee aside, was Alfredo not already on a booking? - If the ref books both, which he may have, Alfredo would be off and no appeal.

One more thing is that not penalty?

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

I thought it was a red at the time but I am delighted we have appealed and based on that behind mckenna angle I think we stand a great chance 

Same. Just shows how tough it is for ref to get it right in a split second having seen it once.

This reverse angle shows clearly that AM has done nothing wrong. This is why the appeal process was introduced, so if judged without prejudice he should be let off.

7 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

I thought it was a straight red as well, not now he does nothing wrong - one of those rare instances when slowed down actually helps.  Has to get it rescinded (but they'll ban McGregor to make up for it, even though he was protecting himself)

McKenna on the other hand has totally lost the plot there.

As a wee aside, was Alfredo not already on a booking? - If the ref books both, which he may have, Alfredo would be off and no appeal.

One more thing is that not penalty?

Don't think so. Ball was already out of play

8 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Same. Just shows how tough it is for ref to get it right in a split second having seen it once.

This reverse angle shows clearly that AM has done nothing wrong. This is why the appeal process was introduced, so if judged without prejudice he should be let off.

Chances are slim 

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

The bit that worries me, is, in recent years Rangers FC have not been Judged Without Prejudice by The Government, Police, SFA and the Media, because the are all infested by taig minded Arseholes. 

That cunt was looking to do some serious damage. 

If his boot had caught Alfredo's face full on it was serious stitches. Alfredo was fucking lucky not to have been scarred for life and that fucking animal McKenna needs malkayed.

His card should be rescinded, if there was any justice, but there isn't in this backwater..

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I wonder if those in our own support who slaughtered him as soon as he was sent off feel any different after seeing it from that angle. 

Suppose that's what happens when you buy into the tarrier driven narrative. 

There seems to now be very few still of that opinion though which is good. Most now see it for what it is - not a red.

16 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Don't think so. Ball was already out of play

Not sure that matters mate - not sure it was (haven't watched it back to that extent) but if the ball is out of play, play is restarted according to the previous decision If the ball is in play - in that case a foul.  Aberdeen got the freekick I believe so upon further scrutiny if goes Rangers way and deemed in the box then it's a penalty (I think lol)

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I wonder if those in our own support who slaughtered him as soon as he was sent off feel any different after seeing it from that angle. 

Suppose that's what happens when you buy into the tarrier driven narrative. 

Of course not. 

There's still some that say he has a discipline problem when he's had one legitimate sending off in his career

7 hours ago, TMB said:

Just goes to show how still images can be used to deflect from actual reality. DR agenda is a case in point - they chose their photos very carefully to put Alfredo in the worst light possible.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just goes to show how still images can be used to deflect from actual reality. DR agenda is a case in point - they chose their photos very carefully to put Alfredo in the worst light possible.

Rats, when you see this there is really nowhere AM can put his foot as he's entangled with the big duffer.

Archived