Where are the biggest Rangers towns?

King Jela

21 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Wouldn’t say Carlisle is a big Rangers city but it does have a Rangers boozer callled the milbourne arms behind Dixon’s chimney don’t know of any tarrier slop houses in the city.

on the whole prob more Liverpool/ Man U fans than anything else.

Coach and horses in Kingstown used to be a pretty decent Rangers pub back in the day. Supporters buses used to pick up/drop off there. Haven't been in there for about ten years so no idea what it's like now. And I had no idea about the Milbourne! 

21 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Wouldn’t say Carlisle is a big Rangers city but it does have a Rangers boozer callled the milbourne arms behind Dixon’s chimney don’t know of any tarrier slop houses in the city.

on the whole prob more Liverpool/ Man U fans than anything else.

Carlisle loves penny arcade my mates go to Carlisle for Cheltenham every year anytime penny arcade comes on the locals go mental. Buzzing to go this year 

On 08/02/2019 at 15:41, CF2 WINNIE said:

Not a town obviously but Borders is turning into a bigger Rangers area. 6 busses every week; Kelso Hawick Selkirk Gala Tweed valley and Berwick all running busses not bad. 

The only true bastion of Unionism left in Scotland too.

Most of the towns mentioned on this thread may be staunch Rangers but they still return SNP counsellors, MPs and MSPs.

On 07/02/2019 at 21:38, jintybear said:

You're right. My husband drinks in the music room and there's a wee guy called celtic Davie who drinks in there because he says the machan is pish. All he wears is tim gear (you'll know who he is) but, as well known as he is, even he doesn't show his face on OF days! I remember the last time we won the league they had to shut the street because all the bears were going the bouncy on the main road and all the cars and buses couldn't get through! Hopefully it'll be like that again in May!!

Music room is where I always go and I’v never met him, take it he must be in during the day? 

And by fuck it’ll be ten times better than that if we win 55/stop10IAR in May 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The only true bastion of Unionism left in Scotland too.

Most of the towns mentioned on this thread may be staunch Rangers but they still return SNP counsellors, MPs and MSPs.

Probably the split Unionist vote mate, that's why we have these snp bastards masquerading as a government. 

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Music room is where I always go and I’v never met him, take it he must be in during the day? 

And by fuck it’ll be ten times better than that if we win 55/stop10IAR in May 

Yeah it's during the day although I've not heard my husband mention him for s while!  You'll probably know my husband if that's your local!

38 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Yeah it's during the day although I've not heard my husband mention him for s while!  You'll probably know my husband if that's your local!

I might. I’m rarely in it now though, moved out of Larky well over a year ago now and was only in a handful of times months prior to that. 

I actually just clicked on to who you’re talking about as well, wee Davie! Wee tarrier bastard :lol: 

On 09/02/2019 at 08:55, Cumbria_blue said:

Coach and horses in Kingstown used to be a pretty decent Rangers pub back in the day. Supporters buses used to pick up/drop off there. Haven't been in there for about ten years so no idea what it's like now. And I had no idea about the Milbourne! 

Used to be a supporters club, border city loyal I used to go with my older brother on their bus, I was still at school so we’re talking 26 yr ago, don’t know if their still on the go or not.

the crown on botchergate used to be run by a guy called Mark, big lad from Ardrossan Rangers daft Same again tho over 20 yr ago.

aye the Milbourne was took over by a big Rangers fan, Rangers pics on the walls was meant to be bouncing after the OF game, I wasn’t there mind.

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Used to be a supporters club, border city loyal I used to go with my older brother on their bus, I was still at school so we’re talking 26 yr ago, don’t know if their still on the go or not.

the crown on botchergate used to be run by a guy called Mark, big lad from Ardrossan Rangers daft Same again tho over 20 yr ago.

aye the Milbourne was took over by a big Rangers fan, Rangers pics on the walls was meant to be bouncing after the OF game, I wasn’t there mind.

So far as I know, they stopped and a few years later another club was formed, who were just known as Carlisle loyal. They met in the Masonic club on Portland square. I actually went to a couple of their events about ten years ago. 

I've asked around people I know and it turns out that I know the guy who owns the Milbourne, the building mind, he doesn't run the pub. He's a Rangers fan too, so is his son whom I went to school with. That'll explain why it's now a Rangers pub! I've been away from Carlisle for a while now, it's funny the things you miss. 

And unfortunately the tarriers do have a slip house now. You remember the Golden Lion on London Road? It's now a tacky Irish Traveller dive called Gallagher's. Proper shithole, makes the Roadhouse look classy.