Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Rangers basketball team?

Watching a video on that Rangers archives page in Facebook, mark Walters is playing basketball and a couple of guys do interviews and it says Rangers basketball team.  How long did this last for?

David Murray also owned the Livingston team. 

According to wiki he sold Rangers back to Kingston and disbanded the Livingston team the same season because he fell out with the British Basketball League people.

I'm sure we had suggestions of stock car racing round the park, paintball parties in the offices corridors, a submarine / boats in an understadium harbour linked to the Clyde on here from a poster years back as means of developing the club and raising revenues 😂

Basketball was a boring idea back in the day 😁

Back then it felt like we were in top of the world. Pet projects like basketball, racing teams etc. Now when looking over the way at the Premier league teams in England we feel like poor relations. 

18 hours ago, Bonus said:

Only a year we bought a team then sold it after a season not sure if the teams still going in ita current form

the basketball team was murrays long before he bought into gers.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm sure we had suggestions of stock car racing round the park, paintball parties in the offices corridors, a submarine / boats in an understadium harbour linked to the Clyde on here from a poster years back as means of developing the club and raising revenues 😂

Hologram matches that you could sit in a tank and watch.

The youngsters now won't be to conceptualise the fact we were basically man City back in the day. Amazing to think back but I guess sad when using that as a reference point for today. 

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

i think it was also suggested parking cars round the pitch and charging folk to sit in them and watch a game, with the selling point of being able to toot the horn when we scored haha