McGregor banned 2 games

Sparkle

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Season over.    Arguably.   

If that's not to be the case then the players not banned need to materially improve their game.  Something they've not shown so far this season.    

Not enough people have picked up on this point, we've already seen how poor we've been this season when Alfredo has been unavailable. 

Foderingham coming in after tomorrow doesn't fill me with the world of confidence either. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Going down the divisions really has gave the scum free reign to do whatever and we need to find away of getting some power back in scottish football

Winning against adversity is the only way we will be able to do that I'm afraid. We are playing against a loaded deck. 

We will appeal this and win. McGregor won't miss a match. I'd challenge anyone to slide on their side with both feet on the floor. He's gathered the ball and followed through. Its like winning a tackle and taking the man after. No case to answer. 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

We will appeal this and win. McGregor won't miss a match. I'd challenge anyone to slide on their side with both feet on the floor. He's gathered the ball and followed through. Its like winning a tackle and taking the man after. No case to answer. 

No it isn't. 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

In a PR war we are fighting against machine guns and grenades with water pistols and whoopee cushions and have been for going on a decade now, there are signs we are getting stronger in this department, on the park we are growing and getting stronger by the year imo, off the park much work is needed. 

That's a fair point mate and well put tbh

We just need to start thinking outside the box more often .Our club should be siting so many of these comparisons and questioning this abortion of a compliance officer system for starters 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Are you sure? I thought no matter what you can get banned for a clear attempt to con the ref?

The SFA took four years to convince FIFA to allow it to introduce the system amid the world governing body’s reluctance to overturn referee’s decisions. Its disciplinary Rule 201 states that: “No player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect decision and/or support an error of judgement on the part of a match official by an act of simulation which results in that player’s team being awarded a penalty kick and/or an opponent being dismissed and/or any other substantial advantage being gained.” 

13 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Tbh if we can't beat St. Johnstone and Hamilton with Defoe and Lafferty as our strikers then frankly we don't deserve to win the league.

Same applies to Foderingham, he's more than good enough to play in those two games.

Whether the bans were merited or not is a completely different matter obviously, nevertheless we shouldn't be relying so much on Morelos and McGregor.

Almost word for word what I said to my auld man earlier, disturbs me greatly that I have the same opinion as you, I feel quite gay tbh.

Wille Miller summed up pretty well  

"He's not going to get hurt on that occasion so he's going to protect himself.

"But young Lewis, don't go into it. You're not going to get the ball, he's going to get there.

"We know that Allan McGregor is a wily old campaigner and he protects himself, and he says to the youngster 'take a bit of that'.

"To be fair, the youngster got his own back later on."

Miller was then asked if he was defending goalkeepers using studs-up challenges on incoming strikers.

But the former Dons star argued that he would have done the same thing as a senior player.

Also, the ref spoke to Mac -- so why are the SFA overruling their own official   because of who we are

The point that’s getting missed here is Madden clearly sees the incident and the only way the ban stands is if the officials miss it. 

Either Maddens a lying bastard in plain view, or the SFA have just missed that convienent fact out and decided to ban him anyway. 

Either way it’s an agenda driven decision. 

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Unless SFA change there own rules last minute, I don’t think he will be banned. 

Madden has a clear view of what happened and if the ref seen it they can’t do fuck all.

Normally I would agree but it only gets to this stage if the ref says he didn't see it in full so Madden has already passed the buck. I don't think he will get banned anyway, it's inconclusive. You can't slide in your side with feet on the floor it's not natural. He also wasn't looking at the player and won the ball 

I wonder if we never received any penalties this past week would Morelos have still been banned? Would Greggs be cited?

both have done worse earlier on and not been banned at a time when SG was saying the refs weren’t being fair to Rangers. Yet as soon as we go quiet and get 1 dubious penalty awarded to us the media overdrive has a massive influence on the decisions we will or won’t get between now and the seasons end.  It’s so predictable what would happen, someone on here mentioned the tims rolling out some no mark to issue a statement and guess what. Tom Boyd comes out with bolloks about wanting refs to say if they’re in the masons and potentially wanting foreign refs employed.

a paid celtic employee said all this and wouldn’t have said it without the backing of the Peado harbourers.  

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

I wonder if we never received any penalties this past week would Morelos have still been banned? Would Greggs be cited?

both have done worse earlier on and not been banned at a time when SG was saying the refs weren’t being fair to Rangers. Yet as soon as we go quiet and get 1 dubious penalty awarded to us the media overdrive has a massive influence on the decisions we will or won’t get between now and the seasons end.  It’s so predictable what would happen, someone on here mentioned the tims rolling out some no mark to issue a statement and guess what. Tom Boyd comes out with bolloks about wanting refs to say if they’re in the masons and potentially wanting foreign refs employed.

a paid celtic employee said all this and wouldn’t have said it without the backing of the Peado harbourers.  

Yes, and even thought we've got players who in every likelihood will miss 5 games it will continue to happen. I called it weeks ago, and said the momentum against us in the press would grow and we would continue to get more yellow and red cards and retrospective decisions to make our key players miss more games. It's only going to get worse as the pressure on the scum grows. 

16 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's a dirty PR war and they are masters of it. 

Whipping up a media frenzy to influence decisions and put pressure on officials. Yesterday showed it's working as the SFA caved. 

Its time to go on the offensive. Play them at their own game. Demand explanation from the SFA and highlight every decision that shows double standards. Use the contacts down south the gaffer has to show the sheer bias we compete under to the English media. 

Until we do that this dignified silence will mean no level playing field for us.