McGregor banned 2 games

Sparkle

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm sure if they're selected they need to make themselves available and play. Even if theyve said they've retired. If they don't, the FA can enforce suspensions from subsequent domestic games.

Edit

Makelele https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11668/2388210/makelele-threatened-with-ban&ved=2ahUKEwjJ6tvRiLngAhWOVBUIHYCRDEYQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3D9BhztYCsgE0yJ-parTCi&ampcf=1

That's indentured servitude and is illegal.

13 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

So yellow can be reviewed, but if ref takes no action on something he saw, they can't touch it?

Presumably why McGregor got away with one at Parkhead and Morelos couldn't be cited after Ibrox OF game?

Not arguing the merits of the incidents, just the refs inactions being the reason why they COULDN'T be touched retrospectively?

But didn't Madden see the McGregor incident clear as day?

Just look at the videos and photos he is looking straight at it. So he’s either been ordered to say he didn’t see it. Or he’s a lying bastard. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That was a red, don't know why anybody expected it to be changed.

It was a red and I don't have an issue with McGregor being banned for it but the big issue here is pretty much every one of those 'incidents' from the weekend across various games were ALL reds and should have been retrospectively cited. No consistency and no transparency to the whole system.

53 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It was a red and I don't have an issue with McGregor being banned for it but the big issue here is pretty much every one of those 'incidents' from the weekend across various games were ALL reds and should have been retrospectively cited. No consistency and no transparency to the whole system.

If it was a beggar player .Not one of the scum would have said that was a red card 

There are always bears that have to be different 

24 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It was a beggar player .Not one of the scum would have said that was a red card 

There are always bears that have to be different 

Don't know what the fuck you're on about here tbh plenty of their lot in my work have been going on about how the Brown and Simunovic "tackles" should have been reds.

McGregor's was a red. All day long. Ferguson's retaliation was a red. All day long. The issue here isn't that McGregor's wasn't a red (it was), rather, the rest were reds too and should also have been cited / retrospectively banned.

In isolation, I wouldn't have an issue with him getting a ban. If the referee seen it properly he could easily have walked during game.

However the narrative in the game just now seems to be every single incident we are involved in gets analysed and spoken about, our players are getting cited all the time because of this and other players are getting away with similar type things as the incidents as they are not being highlighted for whatever reason. 

The system is a trial by media and a few vocal people seem to hold a lot of sway in what gets picked up and what does not. As has been pointed out on here, there were a handful of incidents over the last few weeks that have been just as bad as McGregor with no further action taken, not even cited for a review. 

The system is pretty terrible tbh. Absolutely no consistency, no transparency and seems to be made up as it goes along. 

The sfa are now saying you can boot a player in the face but a keeper can’t slide in to collect the ball, I’ll be interested to see the consistency future incidents like this are dealt with...

Our statement is a fucking joke aswell. I don’t care what anyone says the reason we’re getting treated like this and the taigs get away with the ‘challenges’ they do is because of the way they play the media and pressure the refs, until we start fighting dirty like they do this shit will continue and get worse as we get closer to them.

24 minutes ago, dmgers2 said:

he was just doing what most goalies do protecting themselves.

Explain why it was a red?

he slid in with a straight leg and studs raised.  Anywhere else on the park and it's a red.  

That being said, keepers get off with shit like that all the time.

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That being said, keepers get off with shit like that all the time.

Like Gordon who has karate kicked two people and not been cited.

It's a red for me, but that's not the point - it's the fact those mhanky stinking bastards get away with everything week in, week out. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Like Gordon who has karate kicked two people and not been cited.

It's a red for me, but that's not the point - it's the fact those mhanky stinking bastards get away with everything week in, week out. 

I am not saying that the rules are being applied evenly.

All I am sayin is that in this specific situation, a red isn't that out there.

Of course Gordon should have been cited and banned for his one, he wasn't.  We should point out the lack of parity.  We shouldn't be kidding ourselves that red card chalenges are not red card challenges.

23 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I am not saying that the rules are being applied evenly.

All I am sayin is that in this specific situation, a red isn't that out there.

Of course Gordon should have been cited and banned for his one, he wasn't.  We should point out the lack of parity.  We shouldn't be kidding ourselves that red card chalenges are not red card challenges.

The only worrying thing for me gogzy is that we are now having games basically re-refereed. Yellows are being made into reds. And wether that be Rangers or Raith rovers that's a very very rocky road to go down 

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The only worrying thing for me gogzy is that we are now having games basically re-refereed. Yellows are being made into reds. And wether that be Rangers or Raith rovers that's a very very rocky road to go down 

And it’s happenkng to everyone except that mob.