McGregor banned 2 games

Sparkle

35 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Has anyone ever witnessed such a pathetic attempt of simulation. He's actually used the wrong leg ffs - and not a jot mentioned. 

The Hibs defender has been charged by the Compliant Officer and faces a sine die from world football in the first case of a player using witchcraft and paranormal powers to foul an opposition player.

celtic will be awarded 12 extra points for being the victims of such a heinous crime.

Liewell says they are disappointed at the leniency shown but they won't appeal as they don't like to complain.

Seems perfectly fair to me....

Just now, NornIronBear said:

I'm starting to believe they don't, it's a clever smear campaign designed to hinder us and put pressure on the officials during match time and if they don't do their bidding then the sfa will.

Far too often no action is taken against their players or club. No other countries FA would sit back and ignore a film being authorised and made in a members stadium claiming what anyone but cltic claims. The club would be charged with disrepute.

Aye and allow their club ambassador to openly state all the referees are freemasons :lol:

Just now, Inigo said:

Correct decision for me. Don't get the decision making processes though, considering some that haven't been cited.

How so mate, its clear as day brother bobby seen the offence, it would have been right to sent shagger off but this decision by the SFA is not correct.

When I saw the replay of the McGregor incident on Wednesday, I honestly thought we’d got away with one. It’s not the first time he’s been a bit naughty this season. I was half expecting the ban so I’m not that surprised. What does surprise me is the fact that Brown, Simunovic and Burke have got off Scott free. It makes you think that all the greetin and moanin done by some other clubs is paying off. If that’s the case then the football in this country is fucked. 

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s the rules you face an increased if your appeal fails after you have been punished. 

Do the rules say that the ban 'has' to be increased if it fails or is that at the discretion of the committee CB ?? I suppose if it is a Rangers player it would be automatic anyway. :happy:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Do the rules say that the ban 'has' to be increased if it fails or is that at the discretion of the committee CB ?? I suppose if it is a Rangers player it would be automatic anyway. :happy:

I’m sure they normally tell them at the time they receive their ban. 

Just now, MattyBlue said:

How so mate, its clear as day brother bobby seen the offence, it would have been right to sent shagger off but this decision by the SFA is not correct.

What is the exact rule re that? Regards the ref seeing it? Did he see the coming together but not the where the foot strikes the leg? We'd need to know exactly the rule, what the ref said 8m relation to it, and how it's been interpreted. 

Regardless, this isn't the first time Shagger's done something like this. Fucking stupid that an experienced player would do such a thing. I'm far more annoyed by that than the refereeing technicality in this occasion.

The technicalities aren't a big deal. The inconsistency is.

53 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

He was late in a 50/50 after a poor touch. If it was one of our midfielders I would expect him to in for it.

So would I.

If he went in high, late, around the knee, with 2 feet brought off the ground,  excessive force bringing the opponent to the ground then I'd expect a red card.

Apparently the only way for the panel to look at this is if the ref says he didn't see it. Now I for one think we got away with one during the game but I expect the club will appeal. TV pictures would suggest that the ref had a clear line of sight of the incident and that will be the basis of any appeal.

IMG_20190208_191149.jpg

They’re quite literally making it up as they go along now. 

Ye cannae cite a playur if hez been booked- Hibs player booked but cited.

We cannae dae anyihn if the pyoor mason ref has seen it- Madden clearly in full view of the incident and McGregor gets banned. 

Rangers need to fight this one tooth and nail it’s as clear as day. 

Honest to fuck I hate the media and the circus that is the sfa!! I’m not sure who brings this to the attention of the compliance officer? But whoever it is or how it’s done is shambolic and imo one sided. Fuck em all!! Rangers should use our own media team to scour matches and pick the bones out of everything. A good example would have been the red card Gerrard was on about against Kilmarnock. 

15 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Just saw lego's, absolute shocker. Him and the big diddy CB both should have been reds. 

Still haven't seen it yet do you have a link? Simunovic should have had a red and to watch that back and say it's not violent is mental. To come to the conclusion that Morelos did something violent when you see the reverse a d is also mental. And to hand the same ban to Morelos and McKenna is.....mental. I can't believe that the ref claims not to have seen McGregor, not just the ref not the linesman too. What were they watching because is seems like they were looking right at it. Games fucked. Trial by biased pundit