Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkle

McGregor banned 2 games

Recommended Posts

Totally inconsistent. 

Had his head down and don't think his positioning was unnatural. 

Daft from him, but how was he not punished for the one against the Tarriers then?

The referee clearly saw it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGregor - Deserved

Morelos - Joke red card

Brown - Should get banned

Burke - Clear dive should be cited

Simunovic - Never a red

Pathetic Morelos is banned and Brown/Burke get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3853033/Rangers-allan-mcgregor-lewis-ferguson-two-game-ban/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1549645426

ALLAN McGREGOR has been hit with a two-game ban by the SFA over his challenge on Lewis Ferguson.

The Rangers keeper caught the Aberdeen starlet on the shin with his studs as he slid in to catch the ball on Wednesday.

wtf

Any word on all the scums punishments for Wednesday night v Hivs

Surely our club should be siting these as clear fucking bias

Bears r us likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, josmc said:

When I saw the replay of the McGregor incident on Wednesday, I honestly thought we’d got away with one. It’s not the first time he’s been a bit naughty this season. I was half expecting the ban so I’m not that surprised. What does surprise me is the fact that Brown, Simunovic and Burke have got off Scott free. It makes you think that all the greetin and moanin done by some other clubs is paying off. If that’s the case then the football in this country is fucked. 

It's corrupt . We know that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs.... Morelos given extra game ban, McGregor given 2 game ban... and they deny Boys Club is the same club? Should we be surprised? Complete joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Any word on all the scums punishments for Wednesday night v Hivs

Surely our club should be siting these as clear fucking bias

Nothing to see there......

eejay the dj likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor - Deserved

Morelos - Joke red card

Brown - Should get banned

Burke - Clear dive should be cited

Simunovic - Never a red

Pathetic Morelos is banned and Brown/Burke get away with it.

The counter argument is that McGregor want looking and Simunivic was. If Goldson did that to the Aberdeen forward on Wednesday he would have been red carded too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Isn’t even looking at Ferguson when it happens. Honestly fucking embarrassing. 

Craig Gordon has literally used UFC shit twice in tarrier colours and been cited for fuck all

Our club will say and do fuck all as per usual

And all these ex players and so called bears taking their pounds from the media, will be at their most nauseating best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Apparently the only way for the panel to look at this is if the ref says he didn't see it. Now I for one think we got away with one during the game but I expect the club will appeal. TV pictures would suggest that the ref had a clear line of sight of the incident and that will be the basis of any appeal.

IMG_20190208_191149.jpg

Also given the fact he has the ball under his control before any contact with the player. Ferguson kept coming despite that so what's McGregor to do. Just get himself hurt probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor - Deserved

Morelos - Joke red card

Brown - Should get banned

Burke - Clear dive should be cited

Simunovic - Never a red

Pathetic Morelos is banned and Brown/Burke get away with it.

You serious! That's the worst out the lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still can’t understand the thinking behind this one. 

Goalie comes claims the ball, forward appears couple of seconds later runs into goalie when he could’ve got out the way, goalie gets 2 game ban. 

Bonkers 

FFS McGregor , like many other goalkeepers, has gotten away with murder for years with the protecting themselves shit. It was clearly a studs up straight leg dangerous tackle. If that was committed against our forward I’d want the guy done for it so no point pretending it wasn’t dangerous because our player did it

The Ghost, Inigo and Rangers_no1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was out and just catching up with the news, Morelos decision is ridiculous, McGregor decision is entirely his own fault and I posted it at the time in the match thread, he knew what he was doing , he's got away with it a couple of times and now he's been done for it, if that was against us we'd be screaming from the rooftops, anyone who thinks McGregor didn't mean it is wearing blinkers imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NornIronBear said:

I'm starting to believe they don't, it's a clever smear campaign designed to hinder us and put pressure on the officials during match time and if they don't do their bidding then the sfa will.

Far too often no action is taken against their players or club. No other countries FA would sit back and ignore a film being authorised and made in a members stadium claiming what anyone but cltic claims. The club would be charged with disrepute.

Seen as it's the bheasts . All that is allowed . Now if that had been Rangers fans at Ibrox accusing the bheasts of a cover up .

What do we think would happen ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, philiprfc said:

 

Actually, the Hibs boy was booked for his challenge :lol: now been cited. Honestly fuck knows man.

it was touch and go for the Hibs boy as his usual top is green. They had to check he wasn't on the ceptic team before they cited him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Was out and just catching up with the news, Morelos decision is ridiculous, McGregor decision is entirely his own fault and I posted it at the time in the match thread, he knew what he was doing , he's got away with it a couple of times and now he's been done for it, if that was against us we'd be screaming from the rooftops, anyone who thinks McGregor didn't mean it is wearing blinkers imo.

We would be howling into the moon though . There would be no footage seen over and over from BT sports , BBC Or Sky . No media outcry and no social media campaign. No bears in the media crying for punishment

No emergency meeting set up . Now clearly arranged  to make sure we got done asap . It is not even approaching any worse, than many of the things the scum have been getting away with in our game at Ibrox to Wednesday night's match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

McGregor - Deserved

Morelos - Joke red card

Brown - Should get banned

Burke - Clear dive should be cited

Simunovic - Never a red

Pathetic Morelos is banned and Brown/Burke get away with it.

Burke canny because no penalty was given.

57 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Also given the fact he has the ball under his control before any contact with the player. Ferguson kept coming despite that so what's McGregor to do. Just get himself hurt probably

Having the ball under control should mean nothing though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Seen as it's the bheasts . All that is allowed . Now if that had been Rangers fans at Ibrox accusing the bheasts of a cover up .

What do we think would happen ?

Holyrood involvement possibly, definitely sfa sanctions (£6000 fine) and possibly even a complaint made to UEFA. 

eejay the dj likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The clear bias against Rangers is getting out of hand now.  There's no attempt to even disguise it.  We have had more players cited for these incidents than any other team.  Our players are punished all the time, often excessively.  We need to start fighting back.  Can we not approach UEFA to look into this or even take them to court for corruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We would be howling into the moon though . There would be no footage seen over and over from BT sports , BBC Or Sky . No media outcry and no social media campaign. No bears in the media crying for punishment

No emergency meeting set up . Now clearly arranged  to make sure we got done asap . It is not even approaching any worse, than many of the things the scum have been getting away with in our game at Ibrox to Wednesday night's match

I understand where you're coming from with that eejay, I really do, and I agree with a certain extent of it, but we're in danger of getting to the lighted torches and pitchforks stage over every decision that goes against us, we pick a fight with every conceivable injustice we feel as a support right or wrong we will get nowhere as the serial whingers, I just think we should choose our battles carefully. 

eejay the dj and Inigo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

FFS McGregor , like many other goalkeepers, has gotten away with murder for years with the protecting themselves shit. It was clearly a studs up straight leg dangerous tackle. If that was committed against our forward I’d want the guy done for it so no point pretending it wasn’t dangerous because our player did it

How can it be a tackle when he has the ball wrapped up and isn’t even looking at Ferguson. 

If our forward was stupid enough to blindly run into the goalie then he deserves all he gets. 

I swear there are folk in our support who aren't happy unless they can moan about our own players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye and allow their club ambassador to openly state all the referees are freemasons :lol:

When their clubs officials are abusing kids then an unfounded accusation against refs is not going to be a problem, especially when they get an extra 40 unpunished fouls a game..

BridgeIsBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...