Compliance procedure unfit for purpose

Robmc1

There has been a total of 3 compliance officers employed by the SFA. Vincent Lunney Anthony McLennan and now Claire Whyte ( ex celtic lawyer)  now we live in a country that has 18% of the population RC so why is it only RCs have been employed in this role ?  Is it a pre-condition that only applicants from the RC  community are considered ? 

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

There has been a total of 3 compliance officers employed by the SFA. Vincent Lunney Anthony McLennan and now Claire Whyte ( ex celtic lawyer)  now we live in a country that has 18% of the population RC so why is it only RCs have been employed in this role ?  Is it a pre-condition that only applicants from the RC  community are considered ? 

In a word yes. 

44 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

It's all about who has the influence in appointing these types. We don't have to look very far.

If it were only in football, that minority group have made it a life's work to occupy just about every position of influence in Scottish society. Sadly, we were sleepwalking in dignified silence as it was happening. 

I'm in no doubt that these decisions are swayed by the MSM and just look at who the main players on there are . 

I think we need to have a structure , or timetable ,where the compliance officer looks at things within hours of the games being played , before the likes of stewart , thimson , keevins , sutton etc have time to air their views .

How his can be done is obviously a problem , but it can't be unsurmountable , even if it means a fifth official watching a silent tv stream , and having 30 - 60 minutes from the end of the game to decide if anything needs reported . 

40 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

From my living memory, the evidence of bias goes back to when Souness arrived and his many spats with authority. I remember one incident when he was on a touchline ban, the media showed pictures of him in the tunnel. The games against the scum were a war zone and we were always portrayed the guilty party as the scum lashed out in their failure to stop the shreddings.

We never won the propaganda war then, in spite of the evidence of bias aganst us, but we did march onto to 9IAR despite this.

The scum have remaned to to influence proceedings ever since, with Liewell ably levering his pal Regan to the top job at the SFA.

The whole proceedings go into overdrive as we crash with google eyes. The campaign against us 7 plus years ago remains to be relentless and having  it's lasting effect, all the while Liewell and his placemen occupy the seats of influence at the SPFL and the SFA.

I obsessively posted three years ago that we/the club needed a coherent strategy to counter the haters propaganda machine so effective it had become in tipping the scales against us. Demonised at every turn we were/are impotent in reversing it. We are simply weak as piss in the PR stakes.

As we for the first time mount a serious challenge, the haters openly ramp it up another notch, but worse than that, we remain to have the Liewell placemen/woman making sure we are disadvantaged. Worse agan, we now have rats in the shape of McInnes and Clarke, plus our ex players adding to the agenda. We are up against very public and unseen powerful forces.

Yes I want the club and the support to do more, but as a club we need to pick our battles and be very considered in our response, simply because the is NOT one anywhere in influence who has our back and it could it all could get worse for us.

I doubt both Gerrard and this board are happy at the obvious campaign against us and I am confident that behind the scenes our position and response to these matters are being formulated, but whatever it is, it needs to be effective in as much not to shoot ourselves in the foot. It should have been established when this board came to power and since, but no doubt they had other pressing matters on their mind. We have reahed a tipping point in the hatred and institutional bias and it needs turned around PDQ.

Meanwhile back on the park, much like Souness, we need to do the business in what is a stacked deck and that is what will turn this around along with a coherent strategy to counteract the propaganda and institutional bias.

There are those who need outed and confronted and there are those who should now be persona non grata at our club, in those former employees. There should be no more silence, no mr nice guy, but we do it with dignity.

I agree with all of that B A, I also remember the Souness in the tunnel incident.

My concern is that if we do not 'wake up' soon this season could be gone.

I cannot believe that Stevie as you say is not raging at what has happened the last couple of days but if he speaks up he gets done by the SFA, if the prick Brenda says anything they get a fucking summit with the referees. :headwall:

The citing of the Hibs player after a tackle he was booked for at the time  against  celtic changes everything , as previously we have been told that if the player was booked then that is end of the matter ,think back to the horrendous  challenge by the Kilmarnock player on Ryan Jack we were told no action could be taken as he was booked for it at the time,  stokes last season with his windmill assault on tav was the same   But now it seems the rules have been changed   The SFA need to come out and explain and the clubs must  press for the compliance officer to resign  The scum want refs to state whom they support we should be asking the compliance officers past and present to declare their aligence ! 

Apologies if posted elsewhere. Another rundown on disparity when it comes to Rangers.

Rangers

- Steven Naismith given two match ban after elbow on Austin McCann of Dunfermline at East End Park

- Sone Aluko given two match ban for a dive against Dunfermline at Ibrox

- Ian Black charged with betting

- Bilel Mohsni and Kris Boyd given two match bans each for violent conduct v Hibs

- Steve Simonsen given two match ban for gambling which was challenged by the compliance officer for being "too lenient"

- Dave King passes "Fit and proper persons test"

- Bilel Mohsni, Lionel Ainsworth and Craig Moore of Motherwell receive bans for the fight at Fir Park

- Andy Halliday sent off against Hibs for headbutting Fraser Fyvie. Red card rescinded and Fyvie given two match ban for simulation

- Rangers probed after fans invade pitch at 2016 Scottish Cup Final

- Joey Barton given ban for betting

- Caixinha and Robertson given 1 game touchline bans while Bruno Alves given two match ban and Cardoso given a broken nose at League Cup semi final

- Rangers charged after 8 month investigation regarding UEFA license

- Morelos red card rescinded v Aberdeen 2018

- Allan McGregor given two match ban v Aberdeen 2019

- Both Rangers and celtic release statements about referees, Rangers are charged and fined while celtic are not

celtic

- Esmael Goncalves of St Mirren given 2 match ban for winning a penalty by diving against celtic

- Lennon banned for swearing against St Mirren

- St Johnstone defender Frazer Wright given 2 match ban for alleged elbow on Lustig

- Aleksandar Tonev given 7 match ban for racially abusing Shay Logan, celtic defend him and lose appeal

- Fury as compliance officer fails in his efforts to have Josh Meekings banned for the 2015 Scottish Cup Final after celtic hand in written request for an explanation regarding Meekings hand ball in the Semi Final

- Jamie Walker given two match ban for diving against celtic for Hearts

- Alex Schalk given 2 game ban for diving and winning a penalty against celtic meanwhile Scott Brown has red card rescinded after shocking tackle in the same game, allowing him to play in both upcoming games against Rangers

- Scott Brown escapes punishment for blatant elbow in exchange for no punishment to Naismith

Rangers have had 10 players banned and they've had 1.

9 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere. Another rundown on disparity when it comes to Rangers.

Rangers

- Steven Naismith given two match ban after elbow on Austin McCann of Dunfermline at East End Park

- Sone Aluko given two match ban for a dive against Dunfermline at Ibrox

- Ian Black charged with betting

- Bilel Mohsni and Kris Boyd given two match bans each for violent conduct v Hibs

- Steve Simonsen given two match ban for gambling which was challenged by the compliance officer for being "too lenient"

- Dave King passes "Fit and proper persons test"

- Bilel Mohsni, Lionel Ainsworth and Craig Moore of Motherwell receive bans for the fight at Fir Park

- Andy Halliday sent off against Hibs for headbutting Fraser Fyvie. Red card rescinded and Fyvie given two match ban for simulation

- Rangers probed after fans invade pitch at 2016 Scottish Cup Final

- Joey Barton given ban for betting

- Caixinha and Robertson given 1 game touchline bans while Bruno Alves given two match ban and Cardoso given a broken nose at League Cup semi final

- Rangers charged after 8 month investigation regarding UEFA license

- Morelos red card rescinded v Aberdeen 2018

- Allan McGregor given two match ban v Aberdeen 2019

- Both Rangers and celtic release statements about referees, Rangers are charged and fined while celtic are not

celtic

- Esmael Goncalves of St Mirren given 2 match ban for winning a penalty by diving against celtic

- Lennon banned for swearing against St Mirren

- St Johnstone defender Frazer Wright given 2 match ban for alleged elbow on Lustig

- Aleksandar Tonev given 7 match ban for racially abusing Shay Logan, celtic defend him and lose appeal

- Fury as compliance officer fails in his efforts to have Josh Meekings banned for the 2015 Scottish Cup Final after celtic hand in written request for an explanation regarding Meekings hand ball in the Semi Final

- Jamie Walker given two match ban for diving against celtic for Hearts

- Alex Schalk given 2 game ban for diving and winning a penalty against celtic meanwhile Scott Brown has red card rescinded after shocking tackle in the same game, allowing him to play in both upcoming games against Rangers

- Scott Brown escapes punishment for blatant elbow in exchange for no punishment to Naismith

Rangers have had 10 players banned and they've had 1.

Paranoid but.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Clarke has been calling for consistency for weeks - unfortunately he chose to highlight an incident with Defoe which wasn’t a dive so made his whole point moot on that occasion.  (The fact he ‘picked on’ a Rangers player again is another discussion). We need to be canny in that we aren’t publicly seen to be only targeting cellic players as that just brings us down to Clarkes level.

I think I’m right in saying SC got fined previously for speaking out - as has Gerrard and Levein, all team managers.

cellic didn’t use brendan, they wrote directly to the governing body from their club - so no direct manager involvement  - and resulted in an official summit, no negative media publicity and no manager fine. How the letter/statement then got into the press was cleverly orchestrated.  recent events show they clearly got the results they wanted.  This is where we need to take a lesson from their dark arts and be clever.  We need better and more professional PR management., we are amateurs in comparison. 

Been like that for a few decades now the plastic fenians have learned well from the terrorist bastards n Northern Ireland.   They manipulated the media while the Loyalist / Unionist community sat back with their bibles n their hands and what they believed to be right on their side. That coupled with their faith led them to believe they would prevail.  Sadly that was a disaster and they lost the media battle.  

Pundits appear to be selected not for their ability but for their ability to stoke controversy -- Rangers-minded pundits are either trying to be affable characters whom everyone likes or people who are prepared to take it up the arse for 20 pieces of silver - none are prepared to stand up and be controversial n our favor.   So our games are dominated by bastards such as Walker Hartson Sutton etc --Whenever a fair-minded ex ttarrier appears they never last long. 

Sadly we have no support within the press plus no vocal fans group and our board is nothing but a bunch of spineless cowards.   

Much of this boils down to the fact hating Rangers is what sells TV and newspapers 

4 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

What’s the point in moaning on here, I don’t think that Rangers media is often checked out for the fans view on matters. 

We’re starting to sound like fenian bastards with the paranoia on here sometimes

It's not paranoia if it's staring you in the face. 

7 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

What’s the point in moaning on here, I don’t think that Rangers media is often checked out for the fans view on matters. 

We’re starting to sound like fenian bastards with the paranoia on here sometimes

Yeah let's come on a Rangers forum after some of the shite we've seen come our way but not moan. That's going to happen in the real world.

Not seen your views yet on whether we're treated with parity with all other clubs when it comes to refereeing decisions, media focus on incidents, retrospective action by compliance officer and by the SFA. Enlighten me.

7 hours ago, GeeSS said:

1st line on the Job Spec.

34 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

The wee cow looking at this? Precedents been set for looking at decisions that were already deemed a yellow card! 

FB_IMG_1549744402869.jpg

I actually now think she'll look at this and ban power. 

It will just be a massive coincidence that killie next opponents are the taigs. 

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m assuming this is accurate 

1C86D22A-E763-4E35-8EEC-25DC698A4C42.jpeg

It’s all well and good posting things like this here, on fans websites etc but we need to find a way to get these facts into the media, I won’t hold up much hope in Scotland but with gerrards influence we should be getting the big media outlets in England looking into it. While that’s going on a hopefully putting some pressure on them, start compiling solid facts (such as shown above), video evidence etc and take the sfa to court. They’ve got away with it far too long, time to fight back.

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

It’s all well and good posting things like this here, on fans websites etc but we need to find a way to get these facts into the media, I won’t hold up much hope in Scotland but with gerrards influence we should be getting the big media outlets in England looking into it. While that’s going on a hopefully putting some pressure on them, start compiling solid facts (such as shown above), video evidence etc and take the sfa to court. They’ve got away with it far too long, time to fight back.

I’m disappointed the club never released a statement about it and the lack of parity after the 3 game ban