Compliance procedure unfit for purpose

Robmc1

20 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

What I find really surprising (or maybe not so) is why Hibs made no complaint or comment regarding their players subsequent 2 game ban whilst no realistic attention was drawn to the Brown or Simonovic tackle...

HIBS ace Darnell Johnson has lost his appeal against his two-match ban.

The 20-year-old was cited by the SFA after a late challenge on celtic star Emilio Izaguirre.

The Leicester loanee was booked by Craig Thomson following the incident.

However, SFA compliance officer Clare Whyte reviewed the incident before offering Johnson a two-match ban.

Hibs decided to reject the appeal and were unhappy after Jozo Simunovic and Scott Brown got off with no further punishment for separate incidents'.

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The pattern of wrongful acts by the football authorities against Rangers continues unabated.   There must presumably be an acceptance within the Boardroom at Ibrox that this is going to continue unchecked and unchallenged (by Rangers) for some time to come.   It's become institutionalised within the football authorities in Scotland, and institutionalised in other clubs where the authorities wilfully turn blind eyes to on-pitch events involving other clubs whereas for Rangers any excuse is dug out to throw disciplinary charges at our players.   

The perception of institutionalised bias against Rangers by the football authorities and by the media is there.    That perception gathers strength every time a decision is made against Rangers and every time a comparable incident created by players in other clubs is conveniently overlooked or explained away as somehow not being comparable.  

Odd then that the Board and execs at Rangers simply allow accumulating evidence of decisions against Rangers to simply wash by as though they are of no real consequence.   Silent as though such a tradition of silence was still the appropriate line to take in this modern age.    Have they really nothing to say, no message to give, no comment to make, no protest to be lodged, no demand for enquiry and for the whole disciplinary process to be reformed?    Seems so.

An obvious consequence for SG and the first team squad - apart from toughening up the siege mentality needed to get through football seasons in Scotland - is presumably to train and approach games with the automatic assumption that the referee and asst referees will find reasons to send a Rangers player(s) off for incidents where they would not send opposition players off.   The effect being the assume that we play games with 10 men (or less) and against (effectively) 14 in each game.    And on top of that to be ever ready to find the squad further depleted once compliance officers have undertaken their trial by media to find reasons to hand out consequential punishments after games.

That's the way it is in Scotland.   Means SG can never really have the resources to hand to create a title winning side anytime soon as the football system and officialdom in Scotland will conveniently see to it that such efforts are neutered.     And we all know who that is designed to favour, and why.

Yet still the Board has nothing to say and no effective action to take?      Taking it in silence is what the Club does nowadays.    Facing aft, bending over and silently saluting - all in the name of Scottish Football.

I get what you are saying, but whilst it looks all very obvious to us, it will look like sour grapes to the many and that we are onto something by the few, the guilty!

This is a very delicate subject, which involves conspiracy and corruption, so the club do need to tread warily in what we put out out there, otherwise we end up in serious hot water.

The last time we spoke out about an incident we get punished whilst scum fc get a pat on the back and a summit called, with none other than TLB in a lead role. Speaks volumes about our position and how we are viewed. We are shit on their shoes. To be a figure of ridicule, to be demonised and to be sullied forever and ever amen.

I did think that the club would have put out an interim statement as a shot across the bows, but on hindsight as this all now unravels, I'd prefer more rope and the club establishing a coherent strategy to seriously take these cunts down. 

Then the possibilty of another flash point when we take on the sheep in the cup. As I have said previously, if Alfredo or another Rangers player again gets sent off under dubious circumstances or subject to the CO, then the club do need to go war, or we are finished, as we would only be participating in a competition that is a fraud, with us the victim in it.

I don't know why I should be surprised in what has unravelled, but it makes it no less sickening. Again we bear witness to the most heinous club on the planet exploit their position and use their power and influence to fuck us over.

I have no doubt Dave King spends much of his time on finacial matters and making us successful and sustainable, but hopefully he now sees that scum fc are the biggest threat to that, but now by foul means and starts devoting time to launch a campaign against them and the officialdom that perpetuates their agenda. It would start with a new PR company.

28 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Missed the siminuvik one then?

On a par with that one, as I said, first time I saw it was on the thread. Point being that regardless of other examples, it’s an ‘intended’ tackle of a nature that there is basically no defence in either committing or reviewing at a later time (especially) after the headlines of the last few days...

2 hours ago, gogzy said:

Really don't care about that.  I want the rules to be applied with parity. If any of our players had done what Power did he would 100% be cited and banned by the same Compliance Officer that just let off Power.

The uneven way this system is being used is the major issue.  The tarriers have not been done once under this CO and that in itself shows a level of bias that is unacceptable.

Fair point. 

Doesn't benefit us in anyway though. 

Would rather put any money getting spent on this compliance officer into making the officials better. 

Or a compliance officer for refs instead of players. Refs the now bow to the pressure the media puts on them, which let's players and teams get away with challenges that wouldn't even have refs thinking twice in other leagues. 

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hibs decided to reject the appeal and were unhappy after Jozo Simunovic and Scott Brown got off with no further punishment for separate incidents'.

Unaware of that thanks for the update, just maybe not as vocal as I thought it may have been👍 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Every club should speak up as the only club not being done are the scum.

For some reason when it comes to them, the rest of the club's remain silent. Not sure why that is. Think Levein has probably said something, but he just doesn't care who he winds up. 

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

First time I’ve seen that and can honestly say it’d be harder to find a more blatant dangerous ‘intended’ foul in a game of football. Farce of a referee and farce of a follow up procedure...

Scott Allen versus Rossiter had sole intention of wiping him out and doing him injury imo.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yellow card. Nothing retrospective. Standard.

The days when we believed no action could be taken as the referee had given a yellow card. How naive we were! All change now. 

still shaking my head at the mcginn elbow. 

If Allan McGregor loses his appeal tomorrow then I think it’s time for the board to act. 

Court of Arbitration for Sport with refusal to continue in the Scottish cup would be my preferred choice. 

That Murdoch MacLennan debacle has still not been satisfactorily answered either. Is he the one that is influencing decisions made by compliance officer for instance. 

I've never been one for the whole paranoia stuff and they're out to get us but it seems since we beat them in December everything we do is scrutinized and everything they do is ignored.

Powers challenge on Jack is just another added to the list...We've all seen Lego's challenge and Simunovic's elbow.. I showed them to the wife( who knows and cares nothing about fitba) and she actually said could the elbow not be deemed as deliberate assault.

The problem is we've no allies in this backwater who'll stand with us against these blatant injustices..All we have is sniping by oppo managers and the SFA..

We're on our own and the players and management need to see this and be more determined to put these cunts exactly where they should be.

We are being shafted. End of.

Exactly how we go about turning it around, I don't know. The CO system is rigged and needs buried. We are being cheated, but we can't say that, well not without an all out war ensuing. We can say there is inconsistency and cite those inconsistencies, but what will that achieve, as they won't be removing the CO. No one has our back and Liewell still pulls the strings.

They know we are onto them, but we have to prove it and to go down the road of institutional bias, which makes it corruption, with those at the top table culpable. Where do you go with that? The CAS? Going down that route will be bad enough, but lose, we would be worse off than the pariah status we already have. There would be serious consequences imo.

A stand has to be made at some point, but exactly the posture we take as in institutional bias we go to CAS. A lesser posture of inconsistency in the system, what would change as it is dealt with domestically. At best maybe made part of the recent summit announced, which has no teeth nor any guarantee that anything will change. At worst we get another fine for opening our mouths in telling the truth.

Many are crying for the Club to do something, but what can we do? 

Some will know the laws of the game much better than me and I welcome the options we have and the risks we run in an all out war, which is what it would be if we go to CAS.  I'm all for having it and easy for me to say, but I don't know the consequence of failure.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We are being shafted. End of.

Exactly how we go about turning it around, I don't know. The CO system is rigged and needs buried. We are being cheated, but we can't say that, well not without an all out war ensuing. We can say there is inconsistency and cite those inconsistencies, but what will that achieve, as they won't be removing the CO. No one has our back and Liewell still pulls the strings.

They know we are onto them, but we have to prove it and to go down the road of institutional bias, which makes it corruption, with those at the top table culpable. Where do you go with that? The CAS? Going down that route will be bad enough, but lose, we would be worse off than the pariah status we already have. There would be serious consequences imo.

A stand has to be made at some point, but exactly the posture we take as in institutional bias we go to CAS. A lesser posture of inconsistency in the system, what would change as it is dealt with domestically. At best maybe made part of the recent summit announced, which has no teeth nor any guarantee that anything will change. At worst we get another fine for opening our mouths in telling the truth.

Many are crying for the Club to do something, but what can we do? 

Some will know the laws of the game much better than me and I welcome the options we have and the risks we run in an all out war, which is what it would be if we go to CAS.  I'm all for having it and easy for me to say, but I don't know the consequence of failure.

We need to put trust in the judicial system. What’s the point competing in this league structure as it currently stands?

This isn’t the first season where the referees have been suspect but it is the first season that their ability has been questioned by the media. It’s no coincidence that is occurring, in my opinion, due to the pressure Rangers are finally putting on them and us getting less games that are not decided by a refereeing decision. All we ask for is a level playing field and if that requires CAS then so be it.

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The thing you get from that Twitter feed is that no one gives a fuck as long it is Rangers getting it in the neck even if it means their own club is being punished unfairly. 

This country is bonkers. 

I really need to stop reading the comments on those feeds. Winds me up. Right away those fuckers are on it, with their absolutely chronic patter. Amazes me how they foam at the mouth over a so called new club.