Compliance procedure unfit for purpose

Robmc1

10 hours ago, markem said:

The club needs to pick our battles, I think we all get that however if we don’t have a strategy for dealing with what is without doubt a kangaroo court we might as well forget it. We can be as staunch as we like, I enjoy the no surrender attitude as much as the next bear however the climate is now that refs cannot approach games involving us without a magnitude of outside pressures and we also have this fucking diabolical hidden jury concviting and acquitting as they see fit. 

Make no mistake, points can and will be won and lost by the decisions that are being made and any doubt that may have remained that’s it a system designed to fuck us over has now been removed. 

For the sake of argument let’s just say we accept the bans we got, that’s one thing however that they move forward with no impact when their defender and captain should be banned is shocking. At a time they can’t really afford to be losing more players there will be no consequences.  

It stinks and as much as I accept there are no easy answers the club is going to need to take the gloves off and find a way - are we to accept that no matter what we do on the pitch we won’t be allowed to  win a title? - fuck that. 

Put aside what I’ve said about refs and this compliance fuckery, the point has now been made that everything will be done to ensure we don’t get a fair crack at it, nothing will be off limits to stop us and if we don’t deal with that we may as well hand out the prizes now. 

I honestly believe it’s a fight our club would rather not be having however imo it’s inexcusable not to, we will follow regardless, it will always be that way but we absolutely deserve the right to go and see our team and have a level playing field - the responsible persons owes it to the fans and the club itself to take these cheating, corrupt bastards on. 

Excellent post mate. 👏

13 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Ah but they've got 10IAR to win.

You’re not wrong with that side swipe.

The media just can’t wait for the 10IAR headlines, probably got them written already.

Just imagine if we stopped them at 8 or 9, they’ll have nothing to cheer about 

10 hours ago, markem said:

The club needs to pick our battles, I think we all get that however if we don’t have a strategy for dealing with what is without doubt a kangaroo court we might as well forget it. We can be as staunch as we like, I enjoy the no surrender attitude as much as the next bear however the climate is now that refs cannot approach games involving us without a magnitude of outside pressures and we also have this fucking diabolical hidden jury concviting and acquitting as they see fit. 

Make no mistake, points can and will be won and lost by the decisions that are being made and any doubt that may have remained that’s it a system designed to fuck us over has now been removed. 

For the sake of argument let’s just say we accept the bans we got, that’s one thing however that they move forward with no impact when their defender and captain should be banned is shocking. At a time they can’t really afford to be losing more players there will be no consequences.  

It stinks and as much as I accept there are no easy answers the club is going to need to take the gloves off and find a way - are we to accept that no matter what we do on the pitch we won’t be allowed to  win a title? - fuck that. 

Put aside what I’ve said about refs and this compliance fuckery, the point has now been made that everything will be done to ensure we don’t get a fair crack at it, nothing will be off limits to stop us and if we don’t deal with that we may as well hand out the prizes now. 

I honestly believe it’s a fight our club would rather not be having however imo it’s inexcusable not to, we will follow regardless, it will always be that way but we absolutely deserve the right to go and see our team and have a level playing field - the responsible persons owes it to the fans and the club itself to take these cheating, corrupt bastards on. 

Take a bow 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

This won’t be a quick fix it will take a drip drip approach and having Stevie here will help even more as the whole world is watching him.  

But we have to start the drip drip and so far it looks like the club haven’t even recognised there is a problem. 

13 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The scum game wasn't on tv and that still made it's way to the CO attention. Largely due to the Hivs player foul on Izzaguerre all over the press and being highlighted by Rodgers at the scum presser for Sunday's game. The msm / press failed to highlight 3 scum incidents which lo and behold nothing has been mentioned or followed up since by the CO.

Trial by scum supporting media leads to punishments. Deliberate ignoring scum incidents get them off scot free.

Bit like the last OF game when Browns elbow and a stamp were ignored but Alfies flashpoints were dissected for a fortnight 

14 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

I do wonder what the criteria is and how it is identified to warrant CO intervention?

I honestly believe it to be as the OP said.

The pundits/commentators on Sky/BT are essentially highlighting them,  which is then re-enforced by the written press and the on-line Brigade.

Resuling in the Compliant Officer/Panel delivering a verdict which suits the furore created by those previously listed.

We all know the common theme that links the vast majority of them.

It is stacked against us.

44 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This won’t be a quick fix it will take a drip drip approach and having Stevie here will help even more as the whole world is watching him.  

But we have to start the drip drip and so far it looks like the club haven’t even recognised there is a problem. 

It looks like that CB, but surely to fuck after seeing what happened to our players and what did not happen to the 'selick three' they must be realising what is going on now. 

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It looks like that CB, but surely to fuck after seeing what happened to our players and what did not happen to the 'selick three' they must be realising what is going on now. 

Honestly didn’t think they care, it’s simply keep a low profile and what will be will be. 

14 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The Dude has plenty to write about this week at least

If he has the balls

He won't write anything that leaves himself open to paranoia

Unlike every beggar and ex beggar media puppet who don't give a fuck how they come across .

Their whole support will agree with whatever is said anyway . While we fight and squabble over not acting all taigish .

Dude has been pretty good in his pieces recently ,in fairness to him .

It would be nice if he were not one of a few, with anything positive to say about our club

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly didn’t think they care, it’s simply keep a low profile and what will be will be. 

If they let this go on and do not raise it then maybe the fans will have to let them know it is not acceptable before, during or after a home game soon. I should add I do not really expect that to happen, but the frustration will spill over at some point if the CO continues to punish us and not them. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

If they let this go on and do not raise it then maybe the fans will have to let them know it is not acceptable before, during or after a home game soon. I should add I do not really expect that to happen, but the frustration will spill over at some point if the CO continues to punish us and not them. 

I agree I can never see that happening. 

We cant even agree that the CO did anything wrong, and we have supporters wanting Mo hung and sold. 

15 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Women know nothing about football. Look how bad Sky has got..........heard some female dimwit the other day going about the red zone........red zone wtf!

15 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I wouldn't say they know nothing about football but they certainly know nothing about the men's game.Sick of this PC nonsense that's has them involved in positions of power within the men's football or commentating on and giving their 'expert' opinions on.

:anger: Fck off with that! A lot of the male pundits say the fkn stupidest things I've ever heard and know fck all and some of the female commentators, i.e. Alex Scott, ARE actually very knowledgeable.

I only use the "I'm a woman" quote when I say something stupid. I'm allowed though and you most definitely are not. 

Clarke has been calling for consistency for weeks - unfortunately he chose to highlight an incident with Defoe which wasn’t a dive so made his whole point moot on that occasion.  (The fact he ‘picked on’ a Rangers player again is another discussion). We need to be canny in that we aren’t publicly seen to be only targeting cellic players as that just brings us down to Clarkes level.

I think I’m right in saying SC got fined previously for speaking out - as has Gerrard and Levein, all team managers.

cellic didn’t use brendan, they wrote directly to the governing body from their club - so no direct manager involvement  - and resulted in an official summit, no negative media publicity and no manager fine. How the letter/statement then got into the press was cleverly orchestrated.  recent events show they clearly got the results they wanted.  This is where we need to take a lesson from their dark arts and be clever.  We need better and more professional PR management., we are amateurs in comparison. 

Maybe it'll get to the point (or has even gotten to the point) where the Club or some IT-talented Supporters put together a social media website to show all the incidents filmed in Scottish football where the so-called authorities fail to take action and compare the incidents to those involving Rangers where action is taken against us?    A concerted 'film and shame them' website where the evidence is put of cases where Rangers get punished for things that other clubs' players get away with.   

The Club might not do this as (a) those in suits in power might not think its the traditional Rangers way and would prefer to make the odd protest every now and then but whose main response is to bend over, face aft and salute while receiving the treatment from the other clubs and the football authorities; and (b) the fear of being accused of bringing the game into disrepute even though its the blatantly unfit-for-purpose disciplinary procedure that is bringing the game into disrepute.    But social medial picking up the challenge and hosting a website whose purpose is to reveal the glaring inconsistencies and incompetence of the football authorities might be another matter.   I think it'd be a well watched social media site.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  (who guards the guardians?).     

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree I can never see that happening. 

We cant even agree that the CO did anything wrong, and we have supporters wanting Mo hung and sold. 

I know mate, I think my frustration this last couple of days are as high as they have been for a while but also feel so frustrated. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Clarke has been calling for consistency for weeks - unfortunately he chose to highlight an incident with Defoe which wasn’t a dive so made his whole point moot on that occasion.  (The fact he ‘picked on’ a Rangers player again is another discussion). We need to be canny in that we aren’t publicly seen to be only targeting cellic players as that just brings us down to Clarkes level.

I think I’m right in saying SC got fined previously for speaking out - as has Gerrard and Levein, all team managers.

cellic didn’t use brendan, they wrote directly to the governing body from their club - so no direct manager involvement  - and resulted in an official summit, no negative media publicity and no manager fine. How the letter/statement then got into the press was cleverly orchestrated.  recent events show they clearly got the results they wanted.  This is where we need to take a lesson from their dark arts and be clever.  We need better and more professional PR management., we are amateurs in comparison. 

We have no chance because most of the SFA board are made up of people with allegiances to them.  The Compliance Office used to work in a firm representing celtic. Peter Lawell is even a representative in European football.  We have nobody with allegiances to us. Even in the media we have ex-players queuing up to have a pop. It's almost as though they have been warned that they will not have a career unless they follow the party line. It makes me sick to be honest that players I respected have not enough of a spine to call things out as it is. We should have left the backwater of Scottish football when we had the chance and went down to the conference league down south. We would have been much better off and Scottish football would have starved without us.

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Brenda mentioned the tackle in the after match press conference. 

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

:anger: Fck off with that! A lot of the male pundits say the fkn stupidest things I've ever heard and know fck all and some of the female commentators ARE actually very knowledgeable.

I only use the "I'm a woman" quote when I say something stupid. I'm allowed though and you most definitely are not. 

You and the other ladies on here certainly know about football Jinty, and I hope these 'two good posters' realise they were not thinking very clearly when they posted. I think some of what they were trying to get at was that we have this culture where it has to be all inclusive and if not the snowflakes will be out in force.

I certainly like to see as many ladies on RM as possible and long may that continue. :thumbup: