At what point does Solskjaer become "unsackable"?

Thermopylae

10 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Problem is if he keeps up this form until the end of the season the board are taking a big risk showing him the door and going for another safe pair of hands after the poor form showed by Van Gaal or Mourinho

If he keeps this up (even assuming a couple of losses) he should at least be given a year. He can do what Jose couldn't and get Pogba playing bloody football again!

I think question marks have to be asked if some players who have been underperforming under the last 3 managers then suddenly they look world beaters. 

It’s not just United. Players have too much power but in undermining the manager they are also shortchanging the paying customers. 

5 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Just shows you how bad Mourinho is these days, that united side should be top 3 and challenging for the title

I would be looking at the players downing tools (especially Pogba) rather than Mourinho tbh. 

Just because you don’t like your boss doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put maximum effort in, especially on their wages. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly. Ther behaviour has been paththic and if I was a Man Utd fan I would want to lot of then canned. That might seem like cutting off my nose to spite my face because they are doing well but how they have behaved is as big of a slap in the face to the fans as anything Mourinho did.

It has become too common in football now. Players downing tools to get rid of managers then suddenly performing. 

I can see them sticking with Solskjaer if they finish top 4 or win a cup. Fan base will demand it. 

Think they should maybe hold off on making a permanent appointment until the end of March. They haven’t had the hardest run so far but the run they have in the next six/seven weeks is the sort of run where a top level manager earns his crust. If they appoint him now and the next few months goes tits up then they will look very silly.

I think what ogs has done is end any hope that Jose strolls into a top job again...any club owner will surely look at the Man u saga where it's blatantly obvious that Jose can't control a dressing room anymore, Pogbas form since his departure is clearly astounding, I agree players are cunts also but Man u are actually a decent team to watch again.

On 11/02/2019 at 08:10, DBBTB said:

Think they should maybe hold off on making a permanent appointment until the end of March. They haven’t had the hardest run so far but the run they have in the next six/seven weeks is the sort of run where a top level manager earns his crust. If they appoint him now and the next few months goes tits up then they will look very silly.

Failed his first test tonight. Chelsea and Liverpool as their next two games. Has to win at least one of them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Any bear and every bear will live until the end of time and never see Rangers, get a penalty like that one tonight.  1 minute into injury time in such a massive game .

With games like tonight .He will be a shoe in to keep that job for years