Docherty attacked on way to hospital

Broxi

On-loan Rangers star Greg Docherty was in a car which was pelted with missiles as he was taken to hospital after going off injured in a game for Shrewsbury Town today.

The 22-year-old took a ball to the face as Town drew 1-1 at Bristol Rovers' Memorial Stadium and suffered blurred vision after the incident.

Then, whilst leaving the stadium to go to hospital in a car marked with Shrewsbury insignia, objects were thrown at the vehicle carrying the Rangers man.

Shrewsbury boss Sam Ricketts described his "disappointment" at the actions of individuals who threw things at the car.

He told the Shropshire Star : "Doch had some bleeding in his eye, he wanted to carry on. But as it went on he started to struggle with vision.

"Doch's left early to go to the eye hospital. I'm a bit disappointed with how the vehicle was treated taking him with objects thrown when they're trying to leave the ground and get to hospital.

"That's disappointing. Hopefully he'll be OK."

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think his manager could have been a bit stronger than “disappointed “

(If it had been tlb there would’ve been statements in parliament :p:)

Could take that further

I'm a bit disappointed with how the vehicle was treated

The vehicle? Fuck me.