Fair tackle.

Smile

Mind when we talked about sublime passes, mazy runs and great goals?

Now it’s all “they get more decisions than us, they have more supporters in positions of power than us, it’s all a conspiracy” shite about peados and taxes and Pacific Shelf and Sevco. 

Games fucked. All the enjoyment sucked out of it. My 6 year old lad is getting into football in a big way. I don’t know how I explain the Scottish game to him. It’s fucking tempting to let him be a Chelsea supporter or Man City or whatever, anything’s better than trying to explain the  cesspit of Scottish football

scottish football the game that hated itself to death  

12 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Mate. It’s fuckin soul destroying.

Football was never about this. It’s not meant to be about endurance and suffering. And I don’t mean supporting Rangers, I mean Scottish football.

My club will always be my club but the whole game is fucked. The lower leagues were better than this pish. It’s not about the so called “banter years” between 2012 and today it’s about the hatred in the game

I am in Oman, my boy has a Rangers top and knows his favourite players (Tav, Halliday and Morelos) he sees me watching every game, although he only watches the early kick offs himself. He only knows the football

But the hatred in the game is all pervasive. He asks why our players are getting sent off. He asks why do I think celtic are the bad guys. He asks about referees and commentators and supporters songs. 

Our game is toxic and no amount of “no surrender” is going to change that. Unless there is a gutting of the footballing authorities and a massive resetting of how it’s run, for the benefit of all clubs then I don’t see how any father is going to keep their kids interested.

The media is so anti-Rangers, that I know folk that mock Rangers even though they don’t know anything about Scottish football. 

At the end of the day its supposed to be a sport. A game. Fun. Enjoyment. It’s not supposed to be a battle. A propaganda war. I shouldn’t need to have “spirit” to follow my club. I shouldn’t need to take political positions because politicians are victimising my club. Members of parliament shouldn’t be acting in favour of their teams. National broadcasters shouldn’t be demonising our players and our fans. 

I will always love Rangers. Doesn’t mean I can’t despise Scottish football and frankly why would I want that for my son

I get the reasoning behind your frustrations. The majority of our fans live here in amongst it, get the scum fans lording it in our city, get the scum fans at work rubbing in their successes and our failings in recent years. We live it here, daily.

Unfortunately bias, politics, referees etc is all part of the fabric of the game now.

There's a fucking duty, an obligation not to walk away, to make sure our kids are ingrained in knowing and being Rangers kids and eventually parents themselves and carry it through to their kids. It's in the head and heart, it's more than a strip, and it starts with you. Fuck all the peripheral shite, it's about being one of us. You will decide if that privilege befalls your kid. Don't fucking fail him.

7 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Funny how the papers got the precise moment to fit their narrative that Morelos is a hot head but when it’s about dangerous play from a Kilmarnock player they miss the key moment:

8C7E6D09-C1A1-40EE-9F0F-CA9F66488343.thumb.jpeg.1ac51a5af0380c4b2cf7261aaa62bff6.jpeg

The exact moment of contact to the FACE was caught from a good few angles yet this cunt elects to use this picture. Courageous journalism.

FFS :lol:

The cunts don't even try to hide it.

Utterly blatant agenda..........or maybe his rag don't have the image rights to the multiple pictures of the wanker kicking Jack square in the face :hmmm:

7 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Funny how the papers got the precise moment to fit their narrative that Morelos is a hot head but when it’s about dangerous play from a Kilmarnock player they miss the key moment:

8C7E6D09-C1A1-40EE-9F0F-CA9F66488343.thumb.jpeg.1ac51a5af0380c4b2cf7261aaa62bff6.jpeg

The exact moment of contact to the FACE was caught from a good few angles yet this cunt elects to use this picture. Courageous journalism.

Chris Jack is normally fairly balanced towards us. I wonder if it would likelier be the editorial team who selected the image rather than him. 

Doesn't really matter I suppose, the end result is the same.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Who teaches a child the politics of football fuck sake 

I guess my point is their shouldn’t be the phrase “politics of football” it should just be a sport. I get that there is some added cultural attachment in Scotland. But it’s gone way way too far now. 

Our game is far more about propaganda, politics and whatabouterry than it is about the joy of kicking a ball about. 

I don’t plan on sitting My kid down and saying “well it all began when a catholic priest set up an exclusive catholic club....” or start talking about the famine or SNP. Kids learn from seeing. 

Just now, Bakbear said:

I guess my point is their shouldn’t be the phrase “politics of football” it should just be a sport. I get that there is some added cultural attachment in Scotland. But it’s gone way way too far now. 

Our game is far more about propaganda, politics and whatabouterry than it is about the joy of kicking a ball about. 

I don’t plan on sitting My kid down and saying “well it all began when a catholic priest set up an exclusive catholic club....” or start talking about the famine or SNP. Kids learn from seeing. 

My point is nobody sits their kid down and even does that. A kid will only be watching us for the football and probably won't even latch on to the politics of it until further on down the line.

Unless your child reads newspapers regularly or keeps up to date on local politics I don't really see how he'll ever ask this stuff 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

My point is nobody sits their kid down and even does that. A kid will only be watching us for the football and probably won't even latch on to the politics of it until further on down the line.

Unless your child reads newspapers regularly or keeps up to date on local politics I don't really see how he'll ever ask this stuff 

Fortunately being an expat he doesn’t need to be exposed to it yet. He doesn’t go to school with supporters of other Scottish teams. Most of the kids at his school support English clubs, or Spanish. Or even PSG or Bayern munich. Don’t think there is a single Scottish kid in his year

But the idea that he wouldn’t be exposed to it because he doesn’t read newspapers is a bit outdated. It’s all over social media which is where everyone gets their awareness these days, not reading newspapers. 

I don’t even mean that at 6 he shouldn’t be exposed to it.  I am thinking when he is 11/12/13. 

Anyway this was intended as a commentary on the state of our game and the hatred that continues to consume it, shouldn’t have brought my kid into it. My bad.  

27 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The innocence of a child is not the point. It is the principle.

If God fearing, it is the very same reason you wouldn't take your child to a taig church.

A sport is not a sport if the game itself is rigged. What would be the point in that?!

You would only be promulgating the fraud and corruption and paying for the privilage for your team to get shafted.

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I get with your sentiments mate, but we don't walk away. We fight back.

TBH when a sport is rigged to favour one, there is little point in participating as it is not a level playing field and you are conning the punters out of their hard earned cash. The game in this backwater is now in reality a fraud.

Their sphere of influence now spread far and wide in Scottish society from politics, to the judiciary, to the footballing authorities and whilst they cheat our club in their agenda to lord it over us, they cheat the whole of the game. They corrupt and taint everything they touch. It is what they are born to.

It has gotten that bad. They are a cancer of society as a whole and in the game specifically. i said in another thread that the whole system needs cleansed, dismantled and rebuilt to be worthy of the game it represents. Dishonesty and corruption is now very transparently the way of the world and we stand back and allow it, whilst the taigs exploit it to the full. They have no conscience, no shame. Their dominance over us is what matters, no matter how they achieve it. 

The evidence of bias is blatant and imo, now up to the Club to address this very publicly and in no uncertain terms. Gerrard comes with no baggage and has readily witnessed it and he could be that catalyst for change. 

I think many miss the first principle in all this, in that foorball is sport first and foremost, that supporters pay out their hard earned for. When there is institutional cheating, it becomes a fraud and neither worthy of participatiing in, nor paying out your hard earned for.

I'll go back to when WE made our first mistake in all this and that was when we accepted getting unceremoniously punted to the bottom division. Our stand should have been made then, because the authorities would have backed off. Green was terrified of not making his money and the support in the possibility of no football. We showed our weakness then and we have been sullied ever since. We allowed ourselves to participate in their fraud.

It's not hard to join up all the dots and our club and our support either make a stand now, or the game is fucked. Only in Scotland, the world's newest banana republic.

It’s the hatred. I agree it’s in every walk of life but it manifests starkly in the football

They believe, or at least do their best to pretend they believe, that the game is rigged in our favour. 

Outside of us two. The rest of Scotland say the game is rigged in the old firms favour but mostly big bad Rangers. 

Sporting rivalry is one thing and indeed is an attraction, what would be the point of sport without rivalry after all. But there has to be mutual respect. There is not only a complete lack of respect in our game but it’s actually out and out hatred. 

We hate celtic Aberdeen Hibs and Dundee united. They all hate us even more. We dislike most teams. They all hate Rangers. 

Rangers, through years of careful and sustained propaganda, has become a by-word for bigotry and sectarianism. If you are a Rangers fan you are, in every other football fans eyes, a knuckle dragging, bigoted troglodyte stuck in a different century. That’s the narrative. That’s the propaganda and it has seeped into cultural consciousness. 

We try to build bridges... we get taking for a ride. We try to fight our corner ....we get ostracised further and accused of elitism. Rangers bad no matter what we do. 

Maybe I see a different perspective from afar and it’s not as bad as it seems but it looks awful from here. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It’s the hatred. I agree it’s in every walk of life but it manifests starkly in the football

They believe, or at least do their best to pretend they believe, that the game is rigged in our favour. 

Outside of us two. The rest of Scotland say the game is rigged in the old firms favour but mostly big bad Rangers. 

Sporting rivalry is one thing and indeed is an attraction, what would be the point of sport without rivalry after all. But there has to be mutual respect. There is not only a complete lack of respect in our game but it’s actually out and out hatred. 

We hate celtic Aberdeen Hibs and Dundee united. They all hate us even more. We dislike most teams. They all hate Rangers. 

Rangers, through years of careful and sustained propaganda, has become a by-word for bigotry and sectarianism. If you are a Rangers fan you are, in every other football fans eyes, a knuckle dragging, bigoted troglodyte stuck in a different century. That’s the narrative. That’s the propaganda and it has seeped into cultural consciousness. 

We try to build bridges... we get taking for a ride. We try to fight our corner ....we get ostracised further and accused of elitism. Rangers bad no matter what we do. 

Maybe I see a different perspective from afar and it’s not as bad as it seems but it looks awful from here. 

Absolutely no different to the biggest/best teams in other countries

32 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Of course other fans hate each other that’s football the world over. 

The difference in this country is one club has taken that a step further and are actively cheating to favour just that one team. 

Sadly all the rest are too caught up in their hate to notice they are also being cheated the stupid fucks. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Of course other fans hate each other that’s football the world over. 

The difference in this country is one club has taken that a step further and are actively cheating to favour just that one team. 

Sadly all the rest are too caught in their hate to notice they are also being cheated the stupid fucks. 

I agree with this. But I honestly don’t know of any other countries where the hatred is so manifest. 

We are talking about a country that loaded it’s European representatives with games which prevented it from achieving an amazing UEFA cup win. Other countries bend over backwards to assist. 

We are talking about a country that chucked one team out of the league and tried ever so hard to deny them access to any of the league structure whereas in other places (Marseille in France, Juventus and Fiorentina in Italy etc) the FAs try to help their clubs

the media in most countries take pride in their teams representing them on a European stage. Not so this cesspit. 

Most national fans put aside club allegiances when the national team plays. Not so Scotland. The only team I have ever seen that boos their own players because they play for a club they hate. The only nation where the supporters of biggest club in the land mostly don’t attend games because of the hate

I could go on and on. We all know it. 

I get every country has rival clubs who hate each other. I posit that no country is as hate filled as Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I agree with this. But I honestly don’t know of any other countries where the hatred is so manifest. 

We are talking about a country that loaded it’s European representatives with games which prevented it from achieving an amazing UEFA cup win. Other countries bend over backwards to assist. 

We are talking about a country that chucked one team out of the league and tried ever so hard to deny them access to any of the league structure whereas in other places (Marseille in France, Juventus and Fiorentina in Italy etc) the FAs try to help their clubs

the media in most countries take pride in their teams representing them on a European stage. Not so this cesspit. 

Most national fans put aside club allegiances when the national team plays. Not so Scotland. The only team I have ever seen that boos their own players because they play for a club they hate. The only nation where the supporters of biggest club in the land mostly don’t attend games because of the hate

I could go on and on. We all know it. 

I get every country has rival clubs who hate each other. I posit that no country is as hate filled as Scotland. 

Other countries don’t have a Scum FC playing in their league. 

Every decision taken against us can find its roots firmly at them. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Other countries don’t have a Scum FC playing in their league. 

Every decision taken against us can find its roots firmly at them. 

Again I agree. However don’t overlook Hibs Aberdeen and the rest. They are not far behind. It’s not solely celtic fans who have claimed the Scottish national team for themselves. Actually it seems to be more the jacobites. 

I have said often it really started with John Reid. But make no mistake the propaganda has worked on the rest too. 

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Again I agree. However don’t overlook Hibs Aberdeen and the rest. They are not far behind. It’s not solely celtic fans who have claimed the Scottish national team for themselves. Actually it seems to be more the jacobites. 

I have said often it really started with John Reid. But make no mistake the propaganda has worked on the rest too. 

The rest would leave it at just hate the same as us. 

Only the scum are actively trying to do us down by using off field organisations to hamper us at every turn.