McAllister misquoted in saying unlikely Kent staying

Ted E Bayer

Title edited as many pointed out that Gary did not say that once in the article.  Regretting posting this now as the Sun have duped my gullable ass.

KENT BLOW 

Rangers No2 Gary McAllister reveals Ryan Kent is unlikely to stay at Ibrox

GARY McALLISTER says homebird Ryan Kent has settled in at Ibrox thanks to his Liverpool crew — but admits he’s unlikely to stay on at Rangers.

McAllister saw Kent as a kid at Liverpool — and says seeing the familiar backroom faces who have made the move from Merseyside to Rangers has helped his development.

Kent has been a key player for Rangers

He said: “When Brendan Rodgers brought me back to Liverpool, they’d just gone to Australia so I caught up with them.

“Ryan was part of the pre-season squad, and that was the first time I’d come across him.

“He was obviously electric, and I could see how some of his loan moves had helped, because he was young and raw. You could see the massive potential that was there.

“I just think the benefit for him here is the fact he has familiar faces around him. He’s got Michael Beale, Steven Gerrard, Tommy Culshaw, Jordan Milson — even I was there for that short period — around. Having four or five familiar faces that he knew  has  helped. He’s  gone from a shy kid to a man.

McAllister says the winger's future is out of Rangers' hands

“He’s blossomed, and that is reflected on the pitch. His performance levels have gone up with the experience and the demands of playing in front of a big crowd here.

“He’s a quiet kid so when you look at his move to   Freiburg in Germany,  I   understand why going somewhere he can’t speak the language didn’t work.

“I’ve seen a massive change in him. He’s a delight to work with. He’s a fantastic trainer, great around the place.

“There aren’t many wingers who get you off your seat in today’s football. They’re risk-takers, they put the ball at risk at times by putting it close to defenders, so it’s getting that balance of when to go and do your magic.

“It would be nice to keep him, but he’s Liverpool’s player so we can’t dictate that.”

Meanwhile, McAllister says Alfredo Morelos was disappointed the midweek headlines were about his red card and not his goals.

He said: “We should be talking about his second goal. It was sublime.”

Dont click

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3860554/Rangers-gary-mcallister-ryan-kent-unlikely-stay-ibrox/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1549790798

It was always going to be the case, the more he improves, the better he plays then the less chance we have that we'll keep him.  Liverpool will either want him around the first team, at least for pre season in which case there may be a small chance that they would allow him to come back after seeing how much he has improved.  The more likely situation would be that he will be either loaned out to or sold to another English Premiership team next season.

Let’s ask if one of their best players will stay beyond current deal and get a headline.  

Don’t dance for these cunts - he’s our player until the end of the year, he’s in great form and all parties will review the situation then. 

Dont get me wrong, Gary doesn’t say what they claim but he should be totally dismissive when they are trying to use him like that. 

They asking all clubs about their loan players ?

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

The best talent in Scottish football by a country mile. We should be doing everything to make him our player even if that includes a buy back clause. 

Kent has said he's happy with us. That might play in our favour. 

I think if we offer liverpool a fee + sell on clause a deal can be done. 

19 minutes ago, markem said:

They asking all clubs about their loan players ?

Aye, but unsurprisingly the headlines are a nice wee neutral "Rodgers reveals chances of keeping loan duo" or similar.

To which he then says there's no chance of keeping Burke but is more hopeful with Weah.

Fucking cunts the lot of them.