First Rangers game you attended?

Burts91

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

New record £100,000 signing from Hibs, Colin Stein makes debut with a hat trick against his old club as Rangers win 6-1.

Remember thinking it must be like this every week....

:lol:

Just after this, 1-1 v Airdrie. Stein scored for us. Remember standing on two empty beer cans to get a better view. Beer cans were made of sterner stuff in those days, hahaha.

Parma 99 in the West Enclosure. 2-0 game.

Remember it like it was yesterday. Coming up for twenty years this year which makes me feel old 😂 

Sadly I’ve never experienced an atmosphere like it since and I don’t think I’ll ever see us again with such a high calibre team beating world class opposition.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Parma 99 in the West Enclosure. 2-0 game.

Remember it like it was yesterday. Coming up for twenty years this year which makes me feel old 😂 

Sadly I’ve never experienced an atmosphere like it since and I don’t think I’ll ever see us again with such a high calibre team beating world class opposition.

Closest I felt came to that was 2-0 V Werder Bremen and 1-0 recently V celtic.

8 hours ago, Burts91 said:

And the most vivid memory of it?

I'll start. Advocaats first season. Home game in Europe against Paok Salonika.

All I seem to remember was anytime we had the ball everyone shouting 'there he is' wanting Kanchelskis to get on the ball. Govan Rear as well. won 2-0 I'm sure with Kanchelskis scoring.

There he is. Something I've been saying my whole life at games but only just realised I've been saying it lol

I thinking was around 1985 against Dundee United. We drew 1-1 and super Ally scored. I was so excited to be going with my dad.  I had put red white and blue ribbons in my hair and my dad bought me huge flag and a new scarf. On the way into the stadium I was hyper when we passed a group of Dundee United fans and they called me an orange bastard.  I've never seen my dad so angry. Then into the ground we were sitting in the Copland Rear I was hooked from that moment on and I still am and I'm 46 now!

14th August 1963 v Queen of the South - I've still got the programme 😉

League Cup Group Stage

George McLean scored after 5min.Game went a bit dull after that until QoS equalised about 20min into the 2nd half.

The game came alive with 3 goals in about 5min. Henderson after 2 great runs, laid on 2 goals for Davie Wilson, one with his head the other with his foot followed by another from Jim Forrest.

Full back big Davie Provan scored from about 30yds to make it 5-1 before QoS pulled one back.

We also beat celtic 3-0 home & away in the group stages & went on to beat Morton 5-0 in the final. 👍

I couldn't get to the final & had to make do with radio updates while watching Dennistoun Waverley v Petershill. game ended 4-3 & my granddad took me home at 3-1 with 5min to go. I've never left a game early since. ☺️

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

New record £100,000 signing from Hibs, Colin Stein makes debut with a hat trick against his old club as Rangers win 6-1.

I was in the old enclosure for that game. Really special. .It was actually Stein's home debut and his second hat-trick in a row as he had scored three in the previous game, away at Arbroath. 

April 1968, last game of the season, lost 3-2 at Ibrox to Aberdeen. Alex Ferguson playing centre forward. I was 8. Result meant we lost the league - handed it to celtic who weren't even playing that day. Not sure I really took it all in at the time, to be honest. My main memories, strangely enough, were the vivid colours (the pitch as I saw it for the first time when coming up the steps in the main stand, then the teams' strips) and the sheer noise. I think the reaction to the colours was because I had only really seen football on the TV in black and white before then! 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Same for me mate. My old man took me to the Main Stand and I can still remember the smell of pies, bovril and fags

Rangers beating Queens Park in 1957 or thereabouts ) at Ibrox 5-0,or 5-1 in a Scottish First Division game.

My most distinct memory from the game is the titchy Queen's goalie called  Jocky Robertson who may have played at some time for Third Lanark too.The wee man kept the score down.

Scot Symon was  our Manager.

First time seeing the Gers was actually at the Oval in Belfast against Glentoran. It ws either 66 or 67 and was a 1-1 draw. Glentoran had a fantastic team at that time and they also drew with Benfica round about that time. I can remember the crowd that night ws incredible with lots of Linfield fans there supporting the Gers. I think Rodger Hynd scored for Rangers and started my love affair with the Teddies. 

February 1962. Motherwell. Ibrox. Wednesday night floodlights. We won 2-1

My dad finally relented (he was a rugby man) and took me after I had pestered him for a year or so.

The strongest memory (we were in the Main Stand) was coming up the stairs to our seats and being dazzled by the floodlights and the size of the place.

It was freezing - never felt it.

15 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

PSG at Ibrox in 2001, finished 0-0. Only thing I can really remember was Ricksen getting sent off.

Just looking at the PSG team from that night. Pochettino, Heinze and Ronaldinho all played, didn't realise Pochettino was playing.

This was also my first game.