First Rangers game you attended?

Burts91

November 1974, we beat Dundee Utd 4-2 at Ibrox. Jardine had a great game - scored two that day including a penalty.

Also remember the last game of 74-75. We'd won the league, but we lost 1-0 at home to Airdrie. Just looked at the season on Wikipedia. We only lost three league games in total: home to Hibs and Airdrie beat us home and away!

On 11/02/2019 at 11:57, Inigo said:

Great way to refer to ex-Rangers players, that. 

That’s pretty mild compared to what I called them that day after costing us the first ever double treble. Big Sadie also cost us the goal when Adrian Sprott scored Hamilton’s winner in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox in 1987. Another treble blown.

20 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

That’s pretty mild compared to what I called them that day after costing us the first ever double treble. Big Sadie also cost us the goal when Adrian Sprott scored Hamilton’s winner in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox in 1987. Another treble blown.

It's one thing having a go in the heat of the moment, it's another now using the kind of descriptions tims would for them, especially for a good club servant like Slim. Slim wasn't a brilliant player, but was largely steady, and underrated, probably as much because of how he looked. 

May have cost us a goal a few times, but was also a stalwart of the 1992/3 CL campaign, played 270 odd games, had 27 caps at a time when Scotland actually had defenders, played at a world cup, etc, etc.

Folk should have more respect for our history.

I don't actually remember the opposition, I think it was Dundee United.

My Dad took me along when I was about 10, packet of crisp and a coke and stuck in the corner of the pub.

My main memory was walking up the stairs and out onto the stand, and I was completely awe struck with the noise and the amount of people.

Still don't think I'll ever have shivers up my spine like that again. Felt nervous as fuck the whole game, and it felt like it only lasted 20 minutes.

Drove home in the back of the car with the scarf flying out the window. Hooked.

First game for me was Hearts at Tynecastle, September 1968 aged 8, 1-1 draw. I had 2 uncles on my Mothers side. 1 was a Hibs fan the other Hearts and my father only ever watched Junior football back then so both my uncles tried to get me interested in "their" team. Fortunately, I also had a cousin who was much older than me who was engaged to Ronnie McKinnon at the time so I only had one intention which was to support Rangers. The idea of taking me to Tynecastle when Rangers were the visitors was meant to get me interested in Hearts but I went mental when Rangers scored much to my uncle and father's embarrassment as we were in the Hearts end. 

3 weeks later Ronnie talked my father into taking me to Ibrox, we were playing Dunfermline, think we won either 3 or 4  to 1.  Ronnie arranged for me to meet some of the players after the game so I was completed besotted and never looked back. My father relented and took me home and away ever week until I was old enough to go on the supporters bus on my own. He went back to watching Juniors (strange man). My cousin, Mary, and Ronnie split up and never did marry, I always joked their love affair didn't last but mine with Rangers did. 

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's one thing having a go in the heat of the moment, it's another now using the kind of descriptions tims would for them, especially for a good club servant like Slim. Slim wasn't a brilliant player, but was largely steady, and underrated, probably as much because of how he looked. 

May have cost us a goal a few times, but was also a stalwart of the 1992/3 CL campaign, played 270 odd games, had 27 caps at a time when Scotland actually had defenders, played at a world cup, etc, etc.

Folk should have more respect for our history.

He was a very difficult guy to play against because he had big, jaggy, awkward limbs, same as Scott Nisbet.

I remember him scoring 4 or 5 goals v Valletta of Malta in Europe. It was an 18-0 aggregate win.