First Rangers game you attended?

Burts91

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Scottish cup final 1994, Dundee hivs beat us 1-0. Sally maxwell and donkey mcpherson made a cunt of it. Some first game to go to. 

Great way to refer to ex-Rangers players, that. 

Rangers v StMirren at Ibrox 1984, shortly followed by the 3-2 Scottish Cup home defeat to Dundee, then the win at home to Bohemians of Dublin in the UEFA Cup.

My most vivid memory is walking up the endless stairs to the old main stand, and when I seen the lush green pitch with the floodlights on it looked truly magical.

I will never forget that, I was hooked, and it was Rangers for me from that moment on.

Was 12 and it was the SC replay against the tramps on the 15th May 1963.
Used the rent money and dogged the school,jumped on a train on my own,and just followed the crowd.
Knew I would have the money back by the weekend as I was a milk boy,and did papers at night
We beat them 3-0 with 2 from Ralphie Brand and Davie Wilson got the other. 
It has been a life time of my only team.

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Rangers v StMirren at Ibrox 1984, shortly followed by the 3-2 Scottish Cup home defeat to Dundee, then the win at home to Bohemians of Dublin in the UEFA Cup.

My most vivid memory is walking up the endless stairs to the old main stand, and when I seen the lush green pitch with the floodlights on it looked truly magical.

I will never forget that, I was hooked, and it was Rangers for me from that moment on.

The first walk into the stadium, up the stairs to see the pitch on a dark evening for a European game was genuinely an incredible moment.

My Dad always took us to the Main Stand, as a boy and young man he frequented the old shed, which became the Centenary Stand. I think that because he done very well for himself financially, that going to the Main Stand was going up the Glesga business and social ladder ha ha, but in a way it probably was back then.

Other memories include, we always parked at The Swallow Hotel, another is looking up at the Rangers badge on the side of the Main Stand. Drinking Orange kwenchy cups lol, had to be orange eh. Seeing Jock Stein (Nuff said about that ha), the smell of pipe and cigar smoke is another clear memory. Getting a programme, which i still have to this day. These are probably things that the current generation are a bit Meh about, but for us in the 1980s, they are very special memories.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Other memories include, we always parked at The Swallow Hotel, another is looking up at the Rangers badge on the side of the Main Stand. Drinking Orange kwenchy cups lol, had to be orange eh. Seeing Jock Stein (Nuff said about that ha), the smell of pipe and cigar smoke is another clear memory. Getting a programme, which i still have to this day. These are probably things that the current generation are a bit Meh about, but for us in the 1980s, they are very special memories.

the current generation are all about the smell of pipe nowadays

47 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The first night game is magical, mate, completely different atmosphere.

2 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

PSG at Ibrox in 2001, finished 0-0. Only thing I can really remember was Ricksen getting sent off.

Just looking at the PSG team from that night. Pochettino, Heinze and Ronaldinho all played, didn't realise Pochettino was playing.

Pochettino missed the important penalty to put us through 

Dunfermline at east end park I think it was 1973 or 1974 the gers won 6-1 and Derek parlane scored 5 of the goals and became an instant hero of mine. Before that I was at boghead to see  the gers against Dumbarton but don't remember much about it as I was a lot younger then.

third Lanark,cant remember much the only way my son and I got

into the park, hundreds of Rangers were locked out,but they pulled

down a large section of wooden fence,and we got in with them,,

I think we won 3 -1.