McCulloch on Morelos

13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why would you be fucked off at describing it as dark arts. That’s literally what it is, I see it as a compliment. 

Because for me it's not dark arts that he's being punished for. It's for being Morelos, in a Rangers jersey.

Edit. Dark side is what the headline is.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

Good post.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

He's saying Morelos is getting done now based on reputation. He acknowledges we think Morelos has been unfairly treated.

When he's talking about Morelos ability on the park he's right that it he can be unplayable. But he has to be on the park. His suggestion is Alfie goes on a run of games not picking up booking, he's right.

You're  comparing to the scum celebrating, or the Shinnie bookings but that's covered in the Alfie being treated differently. Complaining about others won't change the reputation Morelos has and the treatment he's given by refs, mcculloch is right that Morelos staying out of disciplinary limelight might.

I think few would disagree, I don't, that Morelos is unfairly treated and the comparisons you give are justified. But when looking at how to make sure he continues to be unplayable Jig is right about Morelos having to address it himself because things aren't going to change in his favour otherwise.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's saying Morelos is getting done now based on reputation. He acknowledges we think Morelos has been unfairly treated.

When he's talking about Morelos ability on the park he's right that it he can be unplayable. But he has to be on the park. His suggestion is Alfie goes on a run of games not picking up booking, he's right.

You're  comparing to the scum celebrating, or the Shinnie bookings but that's covered in the Alfie being treated differently. Complaining about others won't change the reputation Morelos has and the treatment he's given by refs, mcculloch is right that Morelos staying out of disciplinary limelight might.

I think few would disagree, I don't, that Morelos is unfairly treated and the comparisons you give are justified. But when looking at how to make sure he continues to be unplayable Jig is right about Morelos having to address it himself because things aren't going to change in his favour otherwise.

Mate it’s literally getting to the point where Morelos can no so much as go in for a tackle. He got booked, wrongly again, against St Mirren at home and he had two 50/50s he pulled out of after it because he knew he’d be off because his opponent would’ve made a big drama over it, the ref knows it’s Morelos therefore he’s in the wrong etc. 

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Not many people will argue he gets treated differently but he needs to stop getting involved off the ball with players. It gives us no advantage and and is giving referee's an opportunity to punish him.

Keep doing what you always do, you'll keep getting what you always got.

Rightly or in Alfies case wrongly, unless he adapts then he'll continue to get persecuted and prosecuted. As much as we are justified in comparing with leniency shown to others, contradictions etc 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mate it’s literally getting to the point where Morelos can no so much as go in for a tackle. He got booked, wrongly again, against St Mirren at home and he had two 50/50s he pulled out of after it because he knew he’d be off because his opponent would’ve made a big drama over it, the ref knows it’s Morelos therefore he’s in the wrong etc. 

I agree.  See my post above. He's getting fucked over big time but unless we change the external influence short term (refs and compliance officer retrospective action) which we show little appetite or ability to do so then there's 2 alternatives. One we continue as things are or 2 Morelos adapts sufficiently.

Its fucking bang out of order, but that's the reality of it.

28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Have to be honest 

I'm sick of reading the rent a mob ex bears who offer up their opionions on all things Rangers just to appease the scum and their beggar minded bosses 

When I see the words " witch hunt " and clear bias then I'll show interest 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Have to be honest 

I'm sick of reading the rent a mob ex bears who offer up their opionions on all things Rangers just to appease the scum and their beggar minded bosses 

When I see the words " witch hunt " and clear bias then I'll show interest 

I actually think it's a fairly accurate and pro Morelos piece.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree.  See my post above. He's getting fucked over big time but unless we change the external influence short term (refs and compliance officer retrospective action) which we show little appetite or ability to do so then there's 2 alternatives. One we continue as things are or 2 Morelos adapts sufficiently.

Its fucking bang out of order, but that's the reality of it.

I don’t know how he can change tbh mate, what can he change? Literally never go in for a tackle or 50/50 again? That’s the way it’s going. 

I'm in two minds about this one.

It's a pretty much spot on article, and I agree that Morelos does need to cut out the petulance. He does at times have the "daft" head on, but the point is he is referreed to a different standard than most.

But, he does get bookings for things that we know other players dont, and I'm not too sure that keeping your head down for a few games will change that, especially when some bookings are for celebrating ON the pitch. 

We have a special talent here who plays on that edge. if he dilutes that edge then we have half the player. 

Really good article that, think mcculloch pretty much nailed it. 

He seems to manage to keep his head down for a few games, and folk start to forget about his "dark arts". But then it's like he feels compelled to start kicking off again and starts doing the daft stuff. It then becomes a vicious circle where he's targeted more, theres more focus, and then he gets more cards.  

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t know how he can change tbh mate, what can he change? Literally never go in for a tackle or 50/50 again? That’s the way it’s going. 

There is undoubted petulance, ie the scum game kick at Browns baws. He can get involved a bit late or off the ball.  That for me is the stuff. If he gets warned about looking at the defender and jumping into him after warnings then he's going to get booked.

If he's going to get booked, make it a justified one rather than a needless one.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There is undoubted petulance, ie the scum game kick at Browns baws. He can get involved a bit late or off the ball.  That for me is the stuff. If he gets warned about looking at the defender and jumping into him after warnings then he's going to get booked.

If he's going to get booked, make it a justified one rather than a needless one.

Lets face it this latest ban is probably a bit of penance for him getting away with a few sneaky boots during OF game. And cumulatively he's done enough stupid things to draw attention to himself. 

It's undoubtedly petty shite he's doing. It's so needless that's the frustrating thing. Get it up the opposition by being on the park and scoring goals, not getting sly digs in and getting sent off. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The Brown incident in The OF game happened after 3 mins 

Brown came from behind him and it was strategically caught on camera as I don't think Alf was aware when he was kicking for the ball 

what about years back when Papic was cleaned out with Stokes after 3 minutes

We never heard a dicky bird after that game  

See I honestly think bears are now buying into this and we are now having to defend rather than go on the attack 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because for me it's not dark arts that he's being punished for. It's for being Morelos, in a Rangers jersey.

Edit. Dark side is what the headline is.

In todays libtard society it could be classed as racist but then again,he plays for the Rangers😊

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The Brown incident in The OF game happened after 3 mins 

Brown came from behind him and it was strategically caught on camera as I don't think Alf was aware when he was kicking for the ball 

what about years back when Papic was cleaned out with Stokes after 3 minutes

We never heard a dicky bird after that game  

See I honestly think bears are now buying into this and we are now having to defend rather than go on the attack 

I get the comparisons, I get the contrasts in how he's treated compared to others. By refs and media. I reckon hes the most wronged player in Scotland for both things he's done for and what others do to him and get away with.

But the brown one? Come on mate 😁