McCulloch on Morelos

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm in two minds about this one.

It's a pretty much spot on article, and I agree that Morelos does need to cut out the petulance. He does at times have the "daft" head on, but the point is he is referreed to a different standard than most.

But, he does get bookings for things that we know other players dont, and I'm not too sure that keeping your head down for a few games will change that, especially when some bookings are for celebrating ON the pitch. 

We have a special talent here who plays on that edge. if he dilutes that edge then we have half the player. 

Playing with a smile could help mate but it's not his way 

Even when he scores it's done with arrogance 

No one could celebrate a goal as good as mccoist .

It’s like McCulloch has started the same conversation about Morelos again.  How many former players have ‘chipped in’ with comments about Morelos at this point?  No doubt Boyd has.  I only wish McCoist could pronounce his name correctly.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I get the comparisons, I get the contrasts in how he's treated towards others. My refs and mefia. I reckon hes the most wronged player in Scotland for both things he's done for and what others do to him and get away with.

But the brown one? Come on mate 😁

Watch the full game again mate 

It's too early in the game .Even Alf isn't that stupid .It was clumsy and caught on camera .The beggars used it and isolated it and now bears are buying into it being a card 

Not for me 

you see that happen and worse in loads of games 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Playing with a smile could help mate but it's not his way 

Even when he scores it's done with arrogance 

No one could celebrate a goal as good as mccoist .

I love that we have an arrogant player at last. Been too long since we've had a proper "fuck you" type of player. Seems that it's only ok to be arrogant against us sometimes. 

Very true, mccoist did celebrate and then some!

Just now, TMB said:

It’s like McCulloch has started the same conversation about Morelos again.  How many former players have ‘chipped in’ with comments about Morelos at this point?  No doubt Boyd has.  I only wish McCoist could pronounce his name correctly.

So you agee with me then ?🤔

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

If that's the one I'm thinking of was that not for being booked twice? If it is then the first one was never a booking although I completely acknowledge that while on a booking he shouldn't be picking up the silly second yellow.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Watch the full game again mate 

It's too early in the game .Even Alf isn't that stupid .It was clumsy and caught on camera .The beggars used it and isolated it and now bears are buying into it being a card 

Not for me 

you see that happen and worse in loads of games 

I don't need to watch a full game to consider an incident. Or compare it to things in other games. You don't think it's a card fine. I'm not sure I do either.

But if you're saying he didnt know what he was doing, couldn't have prevented it, didn't do it as a wee nibble to let Brown know he wouldn't be ruling the roost then I'll disagree 😁

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I get the comparisons, I get the contrasts in how he's treated towards others. My refs and mefia. I reckon hes the most wronged player in Scotland for both things he's done for and what others do to him and get away with.

But the brown one? Come on mate 😁

Aye his 'petulance' is annoying at times but how is it that Refs seem to turn a blind eye to what Morelos is having to take off the defenders that causes the petulance? We've often seen the off the ball incidents,the elbows,the sly kicks from behind,the neck grabs and hauling downs and yet Morelos is the one usually punished. Call me a 'paranoid Protestant' if you like but what other player in the league is punished for being abused?

4 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Aye but he didnae listen so maybe his team mates can actually get through to him. 

You don’t think Gerrard, McAllister, or any of the players have ever thought to discuss this with Morelos before?  

55 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Keep doing what you always do, you'll keep getting what you always got.

Rightly or in Alfies case wrongly, unless he adapts then he'll continue to get persecuted and prosecuted. As much as we are justified in comparing with leniency shown to others, contradictions etc 

I agree with most of what you're saying but Ryan Jack IMO hasn't changed the way he plays from last season yet has been treated completely differently from officials this season. Jack last season, Morelos this season. The whole thing stinks.

We’ve been screaming out for years for a player like Alfredo. He’s not a dirty player, he’s a hard player. Takes no shit from anyone and rag dolls defenders. Wish we had a midfielder with his drive. We will lose Alfredo no doubt to big money, but while he’s here he’s getting my full support. Don’t think that any of his cards have resulted in an opponent missing games through injury. He’s  targeted for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Aye his 'petulance' is annoying at times but how is it that Refs seem to turn a blind eye to what Morelos is having to take off the defenders that causes the petulance? We've often seen the off the ball incidents,the elbows,the sly kicks from behind,the neck grabs and hauling downs and yet Morelos is the one usually punished. Call me a 'paranoid Protestant' if you like but what other player in the league is punished for being abused?

None. He's imho the most persecuted player in the country.  Agree with all of the above, but unless something changes then him being punished will remain the same.

Either theres a change in him, nothing, or the things we can't control ie refs / compliance officer.

Imo the only realistic one to change for improvement in disciplinary record is him, as the second option changes nothing and the 3rd option won't change this season and not without a major onslaught by Rangers which ain't happening.

Any time it's discussed how to improve the situation folk reply aye but what about the fouls on him. Or what about other players conduct. Or he's victimised. 

All true and fair points, but add nothing to the context of how to improve our chances of keeping him on the park and unplayable as mcculloch says. He needs to do something, somehow, to pick up less yellows, that's the crux of it.

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I agree with most of what you're saying but Ryan Jack IMO hasn't changed the way he plays from last season yet has been treated completely differently from officials this season. Jack last season, Morelos this season. The whole thing stinks.

Fair point.

Maybe when he's not perceived to be a thug it's easier to not get carded. Which comes down again to the media narrative against Rangers players.

I don't know, but I just feel it's not going to change naturally for Morelos unless he does something different.

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

You don’t think Gerrard, McAllister, or any of the players have ever thought to discuss this with Morelos before?  

They have openly said so many times yet he still shows his petulance far too often. Red rag to a bull to all hammerthrowers. Still got a bit of growing up to do. Maybe defoe can have some influence.

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Agreed  and yet you would think Lee would alude to this .

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

We’ve been screaming out for years for a player like Alfredo. He’s not a dirty player, he’s a hard player. Takes no shit from anyone and rag dolls defenders. Wish we had a midfielder with his drive. We will lose Alfredo no doubt to big money, but while he’s here he’s getting my full support. Don’t think that any of his cards have resulted in an opponent missing games through injury. He’s  targeted for sure. 

And he is only 21 

It's a Fucking scandal the way these bastards in the media including our own are constantly finding fault analysing everything  to make him some sort of monster 

Makes you wonder how Suarez would get on here 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

None. He's imho the most persecuted player in the country.  Agree with all of the above, but unless something changes then him being punished will remain the same.

Either theres a change in him, nothing, or the things we can't control ie refs / compliance officer.

Imo the only realistic one to change for improvement in disciplinary record is him, as the second option changes nothing and the 3rd option won't change this season and not without a major onslaught by Rangers which ain't happening.

Any time it's discussed how to improve the situation folk reply aye but what about the fouls on him. Or what about other players conduct. Or he's victimised. 

All true and fair points, but add nothing to the context of how to improve our chances of keeping him on the park and unplayable as mcculloch says. He needs to do something, somehow, to pick up less yellows, that's the crux of it.

As has often been said,change how Morelos plays and we're likely to see less effectiveness from him.I see where you're coming from though.

Just now, CoopsLaud said:

They have openly said so many times yet he still shows his petulance far too often. Red rag to a bull to all hammerthrowers. Still got a bit of growing up to do. Maybe defoe can have some influence.

At 21 surely that goes without saying 

What's he going to be like at 24/25 

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

As has often been said,change how Morelos plays and we're likely to see less effectiveness from him.I see where you're coming from though.

There's no less effective than him being suspended.

I don't want him to change much, just the picking up needless cards for petulant stuff. Personally, I think he could keep his edge but achieve that too, if he was a bit more savvy in certain instances.

He'll probably go onto do that later in his career. I don't know if he'll manage it here, with the media agenda as it is and disciplinary distance he's already gone, before he goes as I expect in the summer.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

And he is only 21 

Yeah, I know, that’s the galling part. We will not see the best of him as he will be gone. He’s a fucking punisher and will get chased out of Scottish football. It’s unbelievable with the amount of hammer throwers in our game that a great talent who’s hard and not dirty is going to get forced away because of an agenda. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Yeah, I know, that’s the galling part. We will not see the best of him as he will be gone. He’s a fucking punisher and will get chased out of Scottish football. It’s unbelievable with the amount of hammer throwers in our game that a great talent who’s hard and not dirty is going to get forced away because of an agenda. 

Ah but if he played for the bheasts 🤔