McCulloch on Morelos

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I feel like our fans who really go at Morelos probably don’t go to many games, and as such are easily influenced by a very biased media portrayal of what happene. If they really watched him every game they’d know he’s a terrific player, who’s highlighted and targeted as some kind of mad man only because he’s the best player in the league and vital to stopping 10 in a row. 

Mental that some are convinced of the narrative that he’s a maniac and a trouble maker. He has the absolute shit booted out of him every game, and because he stands up physically to it the big fucking diddy centre backs in Scotland can’t cope. 

One rule for him, one rule for the other 10 clubs, one rule for the filth. 

And I thought it was a decent enough article from Jig. Wish we’d see some Rangers men really going for the jugular, rather than bending for the paycheck. 

Post of the day 👌

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You cut out the petulance, don't get involved off the ball, try not to be late with challenges, don't keep looking at and jumping into defenders after being warned, don't give obvious dissent.

Ive said I think he's particularly targetted, but I also at times see him antagonizing refs who we all know act like head teachers and don't like being disrespected.

Far far far from his fault very often. Blameless and unable to change and cut out obvious yellows? Nope.

You’ve just described almost all the players in the league. 

He’s doing what every other player in the league does, why does he get singled out for different treatment. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Check the Aberdeen match thread when he gets sent off. 

He was called a maniac?

I was highly critical of him for what he did and still think he was daft, pretty sure most will have said similar.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You’ve just described almost all the players in the league. 

He’s doing what every other player in the league does, why does he get singled out for different treatment. 

I'm not sure I can be clearer.

Morelos is the most persecuted and penalised player in the country. It's wrong, unfair, unacceptable how he's treated by refs and portrayed in the media. There's countless examples of others treated more favourably. It's biased, anti Rangers, potentially more sinister. I wish to fuck the club would tackle it head on, instead we seem to have softened in our resolve and become respectful.

Now given the above, what happens if he keeps doing what he does. Imo he'll keep getting suspensions, but the extra games turn to 2 then 3, then 4. 

Or we hope to influence it in spite of all of the above. So he remains available, playing, unplayable for defenders. If so, what can be asked of HIM not anyone else to work towards this? That's what's lacking, unfair as the whole situation, and something that needs HIM to resolve unless we want status quo.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Morelos is the most persecuted and penalised player in the country. It's wrong, unfair, unacceptable how he's treated by refs and portrayed in the media. There's countless examples of others treated more favourably. It's biased, anti Rangers, potentially more sinister. I wish to fuck the club would tackle it head on, instead we seem to have softened in our resolve and become respectful.

Now given the above, what happens if he keeps doing what he does. Imo he'll keep getting suspensions, but the extra games turn to 2 then 3, then 4. 

Or we hope to influence it in spite of all of the above. So he remains available, playing, unplayable for defenders. If so, what can be asked of HIM not anyone else to work towards this? That's what's lacking, unfair as the whole situation, and something that needs HIM to resolve unless we want status quo.

Rather than change the persecution and bias, which is not easy, be squeaky clean, accept others get away with things he won’t :tu:

With time the press will need to find something else to obsess over.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate that’s a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma. 

No one is influencing anything, no one has even started to speak for Mo. All we get is he needs to change the way he plays, I wonder why they want him to do that. 

Mate that’s a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma. 

No one is influencing anything, no one has even started to speak for Mo. All we get is he needs to change the way he plays, I wonder why they want him to do that. 

I want him to change. Because he has to, or hell keep getting carded and susoended.

What do you want to see happen that is practical and will have a positive impact, or do we look to change nothing?

11 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Rather than change the persecution and bias, which is not easy, be squeaky clean, accept others get away with things he won’t :tu:

So want him to change, play a certain way while the opposition gets to carry on as normal  

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

A bit. I wouldn't say accept, I'd say challenge, question and highlight, but at the same time realise it's not changing anytime soon.

But react to the things we can influence, and yeah, adapt some of the parts of his play that refs clearly tend to react to.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I want him to change. Because he has to, or hell keep getting carded and susoended.

What do you want to see happen that is practical and will have a positive impact, or do we look to change nothing?

I want to see the club go on the rampage  against anyone continuing this witch hunt. 

He shouldn’t have to play with one foot cut off just to appease the xenophobic bigoted pricks in our media. 

If nothing changes then just sell him and let him play his football where he doesn’t have to justify every we bump or angry face. The rest will be happy our best player is gone and the club won’t have to hide anymore. 

Might even put a smile on the faces of some of our own. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

No we want him to keep doing what hes doing, getting sent off, that'll show them.

So he’s getting sent off every game is he. 

When you boil down your argument it’s the same as all the rest. Stop being an annoying in your face striker Mo, be nice let those big defenders just do what they want because the ref isn’t going to help you, don’t stick up for yourself maybe even don’t score as much that will show those nice men that think your nuts. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I want to see the club go on the rampage  against anyone continuing this witch hunt. 

He shouldn’t have to play with one foot cut off just to appease the xenophobic bigoted pricks in our media. 

If nothing changes then just sell him and let him play his football where he doesn’t have to justify every we bump or angry face. The rest will be happy our best player is gone and the club won’t have to hide anymore. 

Might even put a smile on the faces of some of our own. 

Who in our own do you mean in the last para? Who will be happy to sell him so we don't have to justify his style of play? That's nonsense.

I think we all want the club to fucking attack on it, but they're not. Gerrard spoke on matchday 1, the club released a statement we got charged and fined for, and now we're more respectful of refs constantly. An attack isn't happening.

If Morelos doesn't change, the same will keep on happening. I therefore want him to adapt, you don't, blaming the injustice of it all. Is that really it?

So he’s getting sent off every game is he. 

When you boil down your argument it’s the same as all the rest. Stop being a annoying in your face striker Mo, be nice let those big defenders just do what they want because the ref isn’t going to help you, don’t stick up for yourself maybe even don’t score as much that will show those nice men that think your nuts. 

You're showing yourself up mate. If you can't see the difference between his petulance, at times lateness and off ball involvement, his reactions refs will consider every day of the week as dissent etc to the above then you're blind. 

Same as all the rest, as in the taig narrative? Give over for fuck sake 😁

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who in our own do you mean in the last para? Who will be happy to sell him so we don't have to justify his style of play? That's nonsense.

I think we all want the club to fucking attack on it, but they're not. Gerrard spoke on matchday 1, the club released a statement we got charged and fined for, and now we're more respectful of refs constantly. An attack isn't happening.

If Morelos doesn't change, the same will keep on happening. I therefore want him to adapt, you don't, blaming the injustice of it all. Is that really it?

Really I’ve spoke to a fair few Bears in recent weeks that think we would be better just selling him. Some that have bought right into the media narrative, some that would rather he left than be hamstrung to appease the media. 

I want a level playing field for him you want him to change the way he plays to appease the hordes. 

If that’s how you want him to play we would be as well just selling him. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're showing yourself up mate. If you can't see the difference between his petulance, at times lateness and off ball involvement, his reactions refs will consider every day of the week as dissent etc to the above then you're blind. 

Same as all the rest, as in the taig narrative? Give over for fuck sake 😁

I would say your showing yourself up with your childish come back about getting sent off every week. 

You really have bought right into the narrative this week, change him change him get him help. 

Give him a level playing field or sell him, let him get on with his life away from this shithole of a football backwater. 

Just watch what happens if we uncover another gem, let’s see how long it is before he gets hounded. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So want him to change, play a certain way while the opposition gets to carry on as normal

I want him to play exactly the same way, albeit without the elements in his game that give referees an excuse to treat him differently, jumping into players without even looking at the ball as a great example.

Keep the aggression and work rate the same, what’s clear is he will be treated differently, so we need to play the game.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I want a level playing field for him you want him to change the way he plays to appease the hordes. 

Everyone wants a level playing field, we shouldn’t stop trying to get that. But it won’t be easy.

Is it about appeasing the hordes or an appreciation the referees treat him differently?

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I want him to play exactly the same way, albeit without the elements in his game that give referees an excuse to treat him differently, jumping into players without even looking at the ball as a great example.

Keep the aggression and work rate the same, what’s clear is he will be treated differently, so we need to play the game.

So no other player gets away with jumping in and not a word is said about it. In fact it’s normally classed as being big hard working forward forward when your Scottish and don’t play for Rangers. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Really I’ve spoke to a fair few Bears in recent weeks that think we would be better just selling him. Some that have bought right into the media narrative, some that would rather he left than be hamstrung to appease the media. 

If that’s how you want him to play we would be as well just selling him. 

I want a level playing field too mate. As much as you, as much as anyone. But we both know it's not happening any time soon.

I reckon I'm saying given that, we look to him to adapt or not. Adapting might mean he gets carded less, not adapting certainly won't.

I'd hope to see him adapt, so he can continue being the player he was up to red at Aberdeen. If he keeps doing what he does he'll be the player he is on Saturday more often than not. One in the stands.

And it's not changing everything as I posted earlier, it's about the petulance and needless stuff. I'm sure I've covered that.