Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SeparateEntityMyArse

McCulloch on Morelos

Recommended Posts


13 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why would you be fucked off at describing it as dark arts. That’s literally what it is, I see it as a compliment. 

Because for me it's not dark arts that he's being punished for. It's for being Morelos, in a Rangers jersey.

Edit. Dark side is what the headline is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

Good post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

He's saying Morelos is getting done now based on reputation. He acknowledges we think Morelos has been unfairly treated.

When he's talking about Morelos ability on the park he's right that it he can be unplayable. But he has to be on the park. His suggestion is Alfie goes on a run of games not picking up booking, he's right.

You're  comparing to the scum celebrating, or the Shinnie bookings but that's covered in the Alfie being treated differently. Complaining about others won't change the reputation Morelos has and the treatment he's given by refs, mcculloch is right that Morelos staying out of disciplinary limelight might.

I think few would disagree, I don't, that Morelos is unfairly treated and the comparisons you give are justified. But when looking at how to make sure he continues to be unplayable Jig is right about Morelos having to address it himself because things aren't going to change in his favour otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not many people will argue he gets treated differently but he needs to stop getting involved off the ball with players. It gives us no advantage and and is giving referee's an opportunity to punish him.

McEwan's Lager likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's saying Morelos is getting done now based on reputation. He acknowledges we think Morelos has been unfairly treated.

When he's talking about Morelos ability on the park he's right that it he can be unplayable. But he has to be on the park. His suggestion is Alfie goes on a run of games not picking up booking, he's right.

You're  comparing to the scum celebrating, or the Shinnie bookings but that's covered in the Alfie being treated differently. Complaining about others won't change the reputation Morelos has and the treatment he's given by refs, mcculloch is right that Morelos staying out of disciplinary limelight might.

I think few would disagree, I don't, that Morelos is unfairly treated and the comparisons you give are justified. But when looking at how to make sure he continues to be unplayable Jig is right about Morelos having to address it himself because things aren't going to change in his favour otherwise.

Mate it’s literally getting to the point where Morelos can no so much as go in for a tackle. He got booked, wrongly again, against St Mirren at home and he had two 50/50s he pulled out of after it because he knew he’d be off because his opponent would’ve made a big drama over it, the ref knows it’s Morelos therefore he’s in the wrong etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Not many people will argue he gets treated differently but he needs to stop getting involved off the ball with players. It gives us no advantage and and is giving referee's an opportunity to punish him.

Keep doing what you always do, you'll keep getting what you always got.

Rightly or in Alfies case wrongly, unless he adapts then he'll continue to get persecuted and prosecuted. As much as we are justified in comparing with leniency shown to others, contradictions etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mate it’s literally getting to the point where Morelos can no so much as go in for a tackle. He got booked, wrongly again, against St Mirren at home and he had two 50/50s he pulled out of after it because he knew he’d be off because his opponent would’ve made a big drama over it, the ref knows it’s Morelos therefore he’s in the wrong etc. 

I agree.  See my post above. He's getting fucked over big time but unless we change the external influence short term (refs and compliance officer retrospective action) which we show little appetite or ability to do so then there's 2 alternatives. One we continue as things are or 2 Morelos adapts sufficiently.

Its fucking bang out of order, but that's the reality of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

Have to be honest 

I'm sick of reading the rent a mob ex bears who offer up their opionions on all things Rangers just to appease the scum and their beggar minded bosses 

When I see the words " witch hunt " and clear bias then I'll show interest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Have to be honest 

I'm sick of reading the rent a mob ex bears who offer up their opionions on all things Rangers just to appease the scum and their beggar minded bosses 

When I see the words " witch hunt " and clear bias then I'll show interest 

I actually think it's a fairly accurate and pro Morelos piece.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree.  See my post above. He's getting fucked over big time but unless we change the external influence short term (refs and compliance officer retrospective action) which we show little appetite or ability to do so then there's 2 alternatives. One we continue as things are or 2 Morelos adapts sufficiently.

Its fucking bang out of order, but that's the reality of it.

I don’t know how he can change tbh mate, what can he change? Literally never go in for a tackle or 50/50 again? That’s the way it’s going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in two minds about this one.

It's a pretty much spot on article, and I agree that Morelos does need to cut out the petulance. He does at times have the "daft" head on, but the point is he is referreed to a different standard than most.

But, he does get bookings for things that we know other players dont, and I'm not too sure that keeping your head down for a few games will change that, especially when some bookings are for celebrating ON the pitch. 

We have a special talent here who plays on that edge. if he dilutes that edge then we have half the player. 

Jamie0202 and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good article that, think mcculloch pretty much nailed it. 

He seems to manage to keep his head down for a few games, and folk start to forget about his "dark arts". But then it's like he feels compelled to start kicking off again and starts doing the daft stuff. It then becomes a vicious circle where he's targeted more, theres more focus, and then he gets more cards.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t know how he can change tbh mate, what can he change? Literally never go in for a tackle or 50/50 again? That’s the way it’s going. 

There is undoubted petulance, ie the scum game kick at Browns baws. He can get involved a bit late or off the ball.  That for me is the stuff. If he gets warned about looking at the defender and jumping into him after warnings then he's going to get booked.

If he's going to get booked, make it a justified one rather than a needless one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There is undoubted petulance, ie the scum game kick at Browns baws. He can get involved a bit late or off the ball.  That for me is the stuff. If he gets warned about looking at the defender and jumping into him after warnings then he's going to get booked.

If he's going to get booked, make it a justified one rather than a needless one.

 

Lets face it this latest ban is probably a bit of penance for him getting away with a few sneaky boots during OF game. And cumulatively he's done enough stupid things to draw attention to himself. 

It's undoubtedly petty shite he's doing. It's so needless that's the frustrating thing. Get it up the opposition by being on the park and scoring goals, not getting sly digs in and getting sent off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I actually think it's a fairly accurate and pro Morelos piece.

 

It's obviously not a bad piece but it there's never anyone on the attack 

Again it's just a defensive offering for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There is undoubted petulance, ie the scum game kick at Browns baws. He can get involved a bit late or off the ball.  That for me is the stuff. If he gets warned about looking at the defender and jumping into him after warnings then he's going to get booked.

If he's going to get booked, make it a justified one rather than a needless one.

 

The Brown incident in The OF game happened after 3 mins 

Brown came from behind him and it was strategically caught on camera as I don't think Alf was aware when he was kicking for the ball 

what about years back when Papic was cleaned out with Stokes after 3 minutes

We never heard a dicky bird after that game  

See I honestly think bears are now buying into this and we are now having to defend rather than go on the attack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because for me it's not dark arts that he's being punished for. It's for being Morelos, in a Rangers jersey.

Edit. Dark side is what the headline is.

 

In todays libtard society it could be classed as racist but then again,he plays for the Rangers😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The Brown incident in The OF game happened after 3 mins 

Brown came from behind him and it was strategically caught on camera as I don't think Alf was aware when he was kicking for the ball 

what about years back when Papic was cleaned out with Stokes after 3 minutes

We never heard a dicky bird after that game  

See I honestly think bears are now buying into this and we are now having to defend rather than go on the attack 

I get the comparisons, I get the contrasts in how he's treated compared to others. By refs and media. I reckon hes the most wronged player in Scotland for both things he's done for and what others do to him and get away with.

But the brown one? Come on mate 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...