McCulloch on Morelos

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

At 21 surely that goes without saying 

What's he going to be like at 24/25 

Well hopefully he does mature a bit. His reputation preceeds him to every game. Needs to grow out of it sharpish or it will be the same story week in week out.

23 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He'd be worth 50m and the next big thing.

His "petulance" would be described as "fighting spirit" or some such pish.

jan vennegoor of Hesselink is amazed by morelos fighting spirit 

Evander sno questions if racism is the main reason for Morelos being unfairly targeted by referees and players alike 

Timo pukki demands referees give morelos more protection 

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And he is only 21 

It's a Fucking scandal the way these bastards in the media including our own are constantly finding fault analysing everything  to make him some sort of monster 

Makes you wonder how Suarez would get on here 

It is a scandal. Level 5 should be doing more to protect Morelos reputation in the media and highlighting how he is targeted by opposition players and the dark arts they use.  

9 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

jan vennegoor of Hesselink is amazed by morelos fighting spirit 

Evander sno questions if racism is the main reason for Morelos being unfairly targeted by referees and players alike 

Timo pukki demands referees give morelos more protection 

Aye but they don't all want the scum to win and their are foreign people so can be ignored.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It is a scandal. Level 5 should be doing more to protect Morelos reputation in the media and highlighting how he is targeted by opposition players and the dark arts they use.  

We could get petty the way the scum would and insinuate racism for the actions but it is not that at all.

It is blatant cheating as they are shit scared of the lad and know he will trouble defences all over the place.

However, on the other side he was wrong to allow himself to get kicked in the face by some fucker fish diving from the floor so must deserve the red surely!

If he wants to be annoying then he needs to start standing (not stamping) on toes, can be played off as an accident. Or something similar that's less obvious but rules the opposition player. Help players up but pinch/grip them at the same time, stupid shit that goes unnoticed even if done right in front of the ref.

Had one fucker who I played against years ago who done this at every corner, you knew it was coming and when timed right stops you from jumping for the ball. Little bastard he was.

7 minutes ago, Malvern said:

We could get petty the way the scum would and insinuate racism for the actions but it is not that at all.

It is blatant cheating as they are shit scared of the lad and know he will trouble defences all over the place.

However, on the other side he was wrong to allow himself to get kicked in the face by some fucker fish diving from the floor so must deserve the red surely!

I meant more in the way described in this post by Blumhoilann

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Aye his 'petulance' is annoying at times but how is it that Refs seem to turn a blind eye to what Morelos is having to take off the defenders that causes the petulance? We've often seen the off the ball incidents,the elbows,the sly kicks from behind,the neck grabs and hauling downs and yet Morelos is the one usually punished. Call me a 'paranoid Protestant' if you like but what other player in the league is punished for being abused?

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I meant more in the way described in this post by Blumhoilann

Not sure you read my post correctly mate, I know full well Morelos is getting shafted and will as long as he stays with us. Give him to the scum and he would be the next fucking Pele!

2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

If he wants to be annoying then he needs to start standing (not stamping) on toes, can be played off as an accident. Or something similar that's less obvious but rules the opposition player. Help players up but pinch/grip them at the same time, stupid shit that goes unnoticed even if done right in front of the ref.

Had one fucker who I played against years ago who done this at every corner, you knew it was coming and when timed right stops you from jumping for the ball. Little bastard he was.

Hi,

Long time no see

:hiboys:

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Ahem James traynor .

He is clearly a major part of our problems . He is doing absolutely nothing to justify his salary

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Keep doing what you always do, you'll keep getting what you always got.

Rightly or in Alfies case wrongly, unless he adapts then he'll continue to get persecuted and prosecuted. As much as we are justified in comparing with leniency shown to others, contradictions etc 

I said this on another thread too but the amount of cameras at games now doesn’t help things.

Different angles make situations look worse. I think the reverse angle at Pitoddrie makes it look like he’s tried to boot McKenna which is not the case. Everything looks worse when you see it slowed down too.

Its best for him to adapt and try and walk away. After the 1st Aberdeen game he had a spell where he was really trying hard not to get involved in things and it was working well.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Go on a run of games without picking up silly bookings? He’s literally booked for who he is. 

Why are tarrier players allowed to celebrate with their fans with no booking? 

At the same fucking venue Morelos doesn’t leave the pitch and gets booked! 

His only deserved red card was the one against Aberdeen at home. 

I’d be willing to bet if you looked at all his yellow cards this season at least half nobody else gets booked for. 

In fact why is the focus on him with how many cards he picks up anyway? Shinnie is a combative player and picked up more cards than  Morelos last season, he isn’t labelled a fruitcake is he? Na. 

See how contradictory it is?

End thread. 

That article was just a nicer version of Mo isn’t all there upstairs. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's saying Morelos is getting done now based on reputation. He acknowledges we think Morelos has been unfairly treated.

When he's talking about Morelos ability on the park he's right that it he can be unplayable. But he has to be on the park. His suggestion is Alfie goes on a run of games not picking up booking, he's right.

You're  comparing to the scum celebrating, or the Shinnie bookings but that's covered in the Alfie being treated differently. Complaining about others won't change the reputation Morelos has and the treatment he's given by refs, mcculloch is right that Morelos staying out of disciplinary limelight might.

I think few would disagree, I don't, that Morelos is unfairly treated and the comparisons you give are justified. But when looking at how to make sure he continues to be unplayable Jig is right about Morelos having to address it himself because things aren't going to change in his favour otherwise.

So how do you go on a run of games without getting booked when your being treated differently from everyone else on the pitch and in the media. 

It’s a Catch 22

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it’s worse than that. 

Is he not paid a retainer as he’s not actually an employee?

He was at the St Mirren game, strolling back and forth between media gantry and directors box as if he ruled the roost. Left at half time into the inner sanctum with those in the directors box.

Not bad going for a non employee.

Had a meeting with a supplier today who is a big West Ham fan. He mentioned the temperament issue but he rates him very highly and mentions a lot of his mates down here are also keen on Morelos. Good to see he is still being noticed despite playing in our shitey hammer thrower League.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So how do you go on a run of games without getting booked when your being treated differently from everyone else on the pitch and in the media. 

It’s a Catch 22

You cut out the petulance, don't get involved off the ball, try not to be late with challenges, don't keep looking at and jumping into defenders after being warned, don't give obvious dissent.

Ive said I think he's particularly targetted, but I also at times see him antagonizing refs who we all know act like head teachers and don't like being disrespected.

Far far far from his fault very often. Blameless and unable to change and cut out obvious yellows? Nope.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I said this on another thread too but the amount of cameras at games now doesn’t help things.

Different angles make situations look worse. I think the reverse angle at Pitoddrie makes it look like he’s tried to boot McKenna which is not the case. Everything looks worse when you see it slowed down too.

Its best for him to adapt and try and walk away. After the 1st Aberdeen game he had a spell where he was really trying hard not to get involved in things and it was working well.

There could have been 100 cameras at the scumdome last week

It wouldn't have made any difference 

It's what you do or don't do with the footage

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I feel like our fans who really go at Morelos probably don’t go to many games, and as such are easily influenced by a very biased media portrayal of what happene. If they really watched him every game they’d know he’s a terrific player, who’s highlighted and targeted as some kind of mad man only because he’s the best player in the league and vital to stopping 10 in a row. 

Mental that some are convinced of the narrative that he’s a maniac and a trouble maker. He has the absolute shit booted out of him every game, and because he stands up physically to it the big fucking diddy centre backs in Scotland can’t cope. 

One rule for him, one rule for the other 10 clubs, one rule for the filth. 

And I thought it was a decent enough article from Jig. Wish we’d see some Rangers men really going for the jugular, rather than bending for the paycheck. 

Not sure anyone really thinks that?