Petition to sack Clare Whyte

terry739

2 hours ago, terry739 said:

Sign it anyway.

Show a bit of solidarity!

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

Signed, can't do any harm.

I agree, it will probably not make the slightest difference but it is out there and it takes just a couple of minutes to sign it. :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

I honestly hate when our fans have to do things like this

It's our pitiful board that need to get their house in order . And stand up for the club and it's supporters

Yes it should be mate, but if they will not do anything we can at least show we are willing as fans to do something.

I know it will not make any difference but we need to let people know we are not happy. I can see you clicking in the link as I type. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-association-clare-whyte-sfa-compliance-officer-to-resign&ved=2ahUKEwj4_Lzbzb3gAhXL0KQKHdWxBbQQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw04gHySqw7FRA81RMF9kgiI

It takes literally seconds.

If you agree, do it. If you're generally apathetic, please just commit several seconds of your life to doing something constructive. If you're against it, what's your solution, what are you doing to demonstrate disgust with what's happening?

It's entirely the wrong target.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Great. What do you propose?

Abolish the system as not fit for purpose. 

It's set-up and mechanics of how it works is open to subjectivity, and those with an agenda against anyone in particular can make a case to put forward.  The more you're on live telly, the more likely you are to face citation.  On that basis that obviously leaves us and the tims as the most likely to be involved in the process.  Now, with the source of most citations being a less than favourable media cabal, it's obvious who's going to be targeted the most...

The system is an abomination.  Anything that allows trial by media, with all their bias, can never work.  I guarantee that if the CO had Rangers leanings, and the press couldn't influence it (and tims were getting what we're getting out of it), the press would be applying so much pressure, as would the tims, that the whole system would be aborted.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Abolish the system as not fit for purpose. 

It's set-up and mechanics of how it works is open to subjectivity, and those with an agenda against anyone in particular can make a case to put forward.  The more you're on live telly, the more likely you are to face citation.  On that basis that obviously leaves us and the tims as the most likely to be involved in the process.  Now, with the source of most citations being a less than favourable media cabal, it's obvious who's going to be targeted the most...

The system is an abomination.  Anything that allows trial by media, with all their bias, can never work.  I guarantee that if the CO had Rangers leanings, and the press couldn't influence it (and tims were getting what we're getting out of it), the press would be applying so much pressure, as would the tims, that the whol system would be aborted.

Agree with much of that.

But what do you suggest you do, I do, we as a support do?

The easiest thing is for folk to moan, slag others, do nothing constructive themselves. And I'm not saying that's what you're doing, I'm talking generally.

And that's why I'm asking what we can and should do individually and collectively. 99% agree the system doesn't work, but neither will us doing nothing at all about it.

This petition will possibly do the square root of fuck all. But 10k folk have at least taken the time to formally say that she needs to go. That's not insignificant. What's next?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agree with much of that.

But what do you suggest you do, I do, we as a support do?

The easiest thing is for folk to moan, slag others, do nothing constructive themselves. And I'm not saying that's what you're doing, I'm talking generally.

And that's why I'm asking what we can and should do individually and collectively. 99% agree the system doesn't work, but neither will us doing nothing at all about it.

This petition will possibly do the square root of fuck all. But 10k folk have at least taken the time to formally say that she needs to go. That's not insignificant. What's next?

I'm not against petitions per-se.  Maybe a petition to scrap the process could be more pointed?  All I think this does is shoot the messenger.  The next in post will face exactly the same dilemma..."which Rangers incident that's been sent to me do I refer to the panel?"

Maybe I just get frustrated with the scatter-gun approach aimed at every "target" that's wronged us knowing fine well that things like this just get ignored.  In this case, I don't even think it's her fault; certainly not when she'll be bombarded by umpteen media outlets pointing fingers at Rangers incidents only, with the odd smattering of others and a token tim one now and again.  I don't understand the whole process but if that's the gist of how it works (and she's not allowed to go looking for incidents herself) then it's hardly surprising that, with our media's leanings, we get the brunt of it.

I've tried my bit with the BBC before and it's so fucking frustrating and demoralising you end up letting it drift.  What it really needs is major fans groups (I know they try) and the club putting weight behind things.  It's that arena where the scum leave us trailing behind....they've managed to get the press and the authorities so much onside I struggle to see where we can make an in-road.