Players Who Won't Be Here Next Season.

tannerall

Davis and Lafferty. 

This is why we should never go back to players who were here before. 

They will never be as good as they were first time round. The game too physically and athletically demanding now for outfield players as they get older.

(Exception for McGregor, goalkeepers always tend to improve with age, as they become more experienced)

Too many players here just now including those two who should be nowhere near ibrox.and it's been like this for a number of years hence why we can't win any silverware. I'm fucking sick looks like it's back to the drawing board. We always seem to go for the wrong players.

Loan Lafferty back to Hearts next season until his contract runs out.

Terminate the loans of Davis and Defoe.  Those two are undoubtedly on a big wage with us and we could use that cash to get a proper playmaker in, and another lone striker as back up to Morelos.  A creative midfielder should be priority number one.

Worrall and McAuley will be off so two CBs will be required.  

I imagine Kent will go back to Liverpool and Jones will be his replacement.  We need another winger in to compete with Candeias.  Candeias tends to stay wide so having a left footer who can come inside and offer something different would be good.

I don’t think Coulibaly has done enough to merit a permanent transfer.  I think the manager will send him back to Angers.

19 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Davis won’t be but Lafferty likely will.

McAuley will retire, Worral return to Forest, Coulbaily goes back and the rest stay. Maybe Kent too.

So at least 2 defenders and 2 midfielders required in the summer. Need to be huge jump in quality.

We're gonna have to replace Morelos as he won't stick around

25 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Davis and Lafferty. 

This is why we should never go back to players who were here before. 

They will never be as good as they were first time round. The game too physically and athletically demanding now for outfield players as they get older.

(Exception for McGregor, goalkeepers always tend to improve with age, as they become more experienced)

Fuck that, we have to get Naesmith back for next year, he will win it all.

Sell Morelos for as much as we can possibly get, hopefully 15 million minimum 

And give a new manager that money to help him build a side that can actually compete with the taigs.

The rest of the squad are worth next to nothing with the exception of Tav, somebody might take a punt on him for a few million.

I suppose Morelos will be moving on so there goes the lion's share of potential goals for next season.  Replacing him looks to be a very very difficult job unless we are going to change tack and rely on bring development players in and trusting them to deliver.    I suppose its possible Tavernier will also move on hence the American Polster being brought in.

If, as it now seems to the case, the league is done then maybe Gerrard brings the development strikers into the first team squad to give them some games before the end of the season and see if they might have what it takes to become the makings of a replacement for Morelos even if that takes a few seasons to mature to reality.    I'm assuming in this that no matter how much we get for Morelos it will not be enough to get a comparable quality ready made replacement bought in so any way you look at it replacing Morelos' goals is going to be a very big ask.

Davis is not going to cut the mustard this time round.  He's done so can slip quietly away from Ibrox at the end of the season.   Not sure about Defoe yet.    Lafferty is also done as a striker that can deliver enough goals for Rangers so loan him out.    Coulibaly returns from whence he came.   I suppose Kent will return to Liverpool only to be loaned out somewhere else, but in any event we probably could not afford to buy him.    Wouldn't be surprised if Candeias moved on.     Worral will doubtless return to Nottigham.   

All in all I think Summer could see quite a few leaving.   But how SG produces a team that can replace the dependence on Morelos for goals will be very interesting to see.   If he can't then next season could be very difficult. 

10 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Sell Morelos for as much as we can possibly get, hopefully 15 million minimum 

And give a new manager that money to help him build a side that can actually compete with the taigs.

The rest of the squad are worth next to nothing with the exception of Tav, somebody might take a punt on him for a few million.

Fuck off new manager pish. Gerrard needs time

Just now, KingKirk said:

Fuck off new manager pish. Gerrard needs time

Gerrards had time. 

7 of the 11 starters today are his signings, would've been 8 with McGregor 

He's been given a small fortune and we're 3 points better off than last season 

He can't be trusted with another window, especially 1 where we're likely going to get a hefty sum of money for Morelos

Is it just me that thinks we need a commanding centre half?. I don't think Goldson is worth the money we spent on him. He can't jump and struggles to win headers, his passing is woeful and he's slow as fuck. Worrall belongs to Forrest and for some reason is keeping Katic out the team. Katic started the season well and then lost form but when he's played, I don't think I've seen him lose in the air. Even when Goldson was out injured I thought Worrall and Katic worked well. 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Gerrards had time. 

7 of the 11 starters today are his signings, would've been 8 with McGregor 

He's been given a small fortune and we're 3 points better off than last season 

He can't be trusted with another window, especially 1 where we're likely going to get a hefty sum of money for Morelos

Way too early to bullet Gerrard. Think he’ll come good. He’s a good man and we should stick with him. Who would you have as a new manager? 

Davis Defoe McCauley Candais Lafferty Coulibaly Grezda Dorans Flanagan Worrall all need to go. Kent we want to hold on to but probably won’t and Morelos will go too !!! Big job to build squad for next season  most of Gerard’s signings have been flops to be honest