One man team?

hammer93

So many threads tonight about individual players and how we play....the fucking reality is there for all to see....without Morelos we are mediocre, 2 games on the bounce we have failed to score, we are a shadow of a team without him...this is the quandary....we are so dependant on him that we kind of overlook his stupid stuff but the reality is that he then becomes a liability when he is constantly getting suspended for stupid things.

Absolutely, everyone in Scottish football knows it so I fully expect another suspension to come his way just in time for the next old firm game. 

I fully expect him to move on in the summer and then it'll be even more apparent just how much we rely on him as we'll struggle to find a suitable replacement. 

If any game summed exactly that it was last week against Aberdeen. As soon as he went off we went to shit. Because our midfieldare all effort and no guile we cant make chances for a goalscorer like defoe whereas Morelos can often make something happen out of nothing by himself.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

So many threads tonight about individual players and how we play....the fucking reality is there for all to see....without Morelos we are mediocre, 2 games on the bounce we have failed to score, we are a shadow of a team without him...this is the quandary....we are so dependant on him that we kind of overlook his stupid stuff but the reality is that he then becomes a liability when he is constantly getting suspended for stupid things.

Doesn't explain why we have lost and drawn so many games with him in the team. It's the management and the quality of player we have but still, a manager who was not learning his trade would get more from these players. 

But we knew that when we got Gerrard in.

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

There were no leaders out there today. The team needs to be able to adapt when key players aren't available. I don't think Morelos is a liability as he has only 1 red card that was deserved, I think a lot of his reputation has been made up by the media,  they never seem to mention the opposition players who target him with sly digs and horrendous tackles.

I wouldn’t say we’re a one man team, dont get me wrong Morelos is amazing at the job he does and you’ll struggle to find someone as good at it but all we need in his absence is a focal point up top who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. 

Its not rocket science but it’s apparently got our management team at a loss 

Lets be honest, the only reason morelos is still with us is the fact there is a major issue regards his discipline. If he was even able to get through 90 mins without a booking some english championship team would have had a punt on him.

We are lucky to have him (skills wise)

He's lucky to have us (a team needing a top class player)

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I wouldn’t say we’re a one man team, dont get me wrong Morelos is amazing at the job he does and you’ll struggle to find someone as good at it but all we need in his absence is a focal point up top who can hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. 

Its not rocket science but it’s apparently got our management team at a loss 

Our management team are clueless tbh. Gerrard in his time in football has never dealt with full time professionals who are lacking in the basics. Gerrard undoubtedley was a world class player and these guys tend to struggle when you have shite like tav, worral, goldson et al to deal with. 

World class players very rarely make good managers

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Our management team are clueless tbh. Gerrard in his time in football has never dealt with full time professionals who are lacking in the basics. Gerrard undoubtedley was a world class player and these guys tend to struggle when you have shite like tav, worral, goldson et al to deal with. 

World class players very rarely make good managers

He’s slipped into the same problem that for some reason a lot of managers do in that we’ve totally changed in style from the start of the season. We only get at teams now in perceived ‘big games’ whereas at the start of the season we were pressing and rushing everyone. We need that intensity in every match, his team selection needs to vastly improve im still not over the initial dropping of Katic never mind the recent redropping and I feel as sick as Steven Davis’ frail frame looks every time I see him 

4 hours ago, hammer93 said:

He is a one off type player, but let's get real here, we are also mediocre with him. He was also involved in the many dropped points over the season, so no, we aint all that with him in it.

We need a further step up in quality in that midfield and you don't win titles without a decentb one. FFS, how often have failed to break down defences with him in it? Too fucking many.

A further significant change in personnel required and as for Morelos he will be gone because he wants a bigger and better stage and we need the money to rebuild. Them's the hard facts.

Just now, GA1972 said:

He’s slipped into the same problem that for some reason a lot of managers do in that we’ve totally changed in style from the start of the season. We only get at teams now in perceived ‘big games’ whereas at the start of the season we were pressing and rushing everyone. We need that intensity in every match, his team selection needs to vastly improve im still not over the initial dropping of Katic never mind the recent redropping and I feel as sick as Steven Davis’ frail frame looks every time I see him 

Hes slipped into the problem warburton did with barton aka ive signed these duds now i have to play them. Mcgregor was on his way before gerrard and lets be honest other than kent who has he brought in thats actually improved the team???  After 20 mins today you could see the 451 he set up with wasnt working so why persist???  Laffertty warmed up for a good 20mins last saturday and had to wait to get on. Load of shite. Gerrards heading soon and will leave us in the lurch like mccoist, warburton and caixnhia, an underperforming team with at least 8 to 10 pieces of dead wood in the squad 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

He is a one off type player, but let's get real here, we are also mediocre with him. He was also involved in the many dropped points over the season, so no, we aint all that with him in it.

We need a further step up in quality in that midfield and you don't win titles without a decentb one. FFS, how often have failed to break down defences with him in it? Too fucking many.

A further significant change in personnel required and as for Morelos he will be gone because he wants a bigger and better stage and we need the money to rebuild. Them's the hard facts.

Still imo our best talent (kent a definate second, ryan jack third and the rest of the squad can have a blanket thrown over them)

Interesting summer ahead selling morelos will require a full system rethink thats how big a player he is for us.

We need 4/5 quality signings  first team starters then the loans on top must be of a standard no projects or players that are past it.

Said in Jan Burke was exactly the type of loan I want us to be signing. We should be able to compete with them for those types of players 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Goldson, Arfield and , I'll get slaughtered no doubt for this, Worrall.

Agree on seasons gone there has been massive improvement imo still some way short atm but it shows how far standards had dropped. Never gonna be fixed in 2 windows 

Summer is huge for us

11 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Got to disagree mate.

Goldson is pish, worral is our gary caldwell and arfield is this seasons graham dorrans, started well but injuries are taking their toll

All about opinions mate, Goldson had a howler today, Worrall is a typical young player who can be exceptional but has that lapse in concentration that can cost us games. Both have proved they can step up in big games, now contrast that to Cardoso and Alves.

Arfield has done much better than Dorrans, he's one of these players who we miss when he doesn't play even though sometimes he can appear anonymous, good team player.

54 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Correct. We have still a 50% or so win rate with him in the side and have played zero world beaters this season. However without him we are definitely far worse. Essentially still not good enough

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Agree on seasons gone there has been massive improvement imo still some way short atm but it shows how far standards had dropped. Never gonna be fixed in 2 windows 

Summer is huge for us

Some people expected it to be fixed in one window, it was never realistic however It pains me to say it but Gerrard had better wisen up soon before he gets hounded out the club, that was absolutely chronic today and if it continues like that he'll be gone.