Jump to content
G.E.C.

***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

Recommended Posts


Goldson should be dropped for Katic. Was on another planet yesterday and has single handedly cost us at least 4 points this season. 

Halliday for Borna. Drop Davis from the squad altogether. Hope Arfield and Jack are fit enough, same with McCrorie. 

Hopefully we can get it done in 90 minutes. Fed up playing Kilmarnock this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully agree with earlier comments, the horse has already bolted here

Cup means absolutely fuck all now the league's done, the only thing that'll be decided in these next few cup matches (if we get through on Wednesday) is whether or not Gerrard is in a job next season 

Out of the league cup in the semis

Out of the title by February 

Anything less than a final (unless we draw the taigs before then) should see Gerrard sacked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Fully agree with earlier comments, the horse has already bolted here

Cup means absolutely fuck all now the league's done, the only thing that'll be decided in these next few cup matches (if we get through on Wednesday) is whether or not Gerrard is in a job next season 

Out of the league cup in the semis

Out of the title by February 

Anything less than a final (unless we draw the taigs before then) should see Gerrard sacked 

 

Dont be fuckin daft 🤣🤣 Honestly half you on here have not got a clue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RossRFC1 said:

 

And half of you on here have got to the point where you'll just accept the absolute shite we're seeing season after season

The taigs have basically just wrapped up another title today, after having a terrible season by their standards

A terrible season which has seen them stroll to a cup & stroll to 8 points clear in the league 

But it's alright, Gerrard has made progress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

And half of you on here have got to the point where you'll just accept the absolute shite we're seeing season after season

The taigs have basically just wrapped up another title today, after having a terrible season by their standards

A terrible season which has seen them stroll to a cup & stroll to 8 points clear in the league 

But it's alright, Gerrard has made progress...

😅😅😅 If you fully expected Gerrard to win the league his first season your deluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The script for the replay...…………..

Kilmarnock defend in numbers aiming to frustrate the Rangers players.   

Support understandably gets progressively anxious.  

They target Morelos for special attention.   Morelos gets frustrated because he's not scored early and is being fouled all over the place but no referee protection.

Morelos' frustration boils over reacts and gets a straight red card or two yellow cards but either way is sent off.   Kilmarnock game plan for dealing with Morelos executed to perfection.    Part of their plan being to fall about all over the place trying to get any Rangers player sent off …….point being to ensure that we are reduced to 10 men or less asap.   

Referee conveniently fails to see events that should result in decisions in Rangers favour and gives Kilmarnock players more than the benefit of doubt.   Referee makes what we consider to be rank bad decisions which cost us the game.   Season well and truly over. 

…...Referee gets a quiet word of appreciation from the football authorities and the other lot the next time he sees them (nothing written or recorded of course but a pat on the back nevertheless).  The media rejoice.

SG then appears on RTV to talk about how he will use the remaining games this season to try to find players who will be ready for a better campaign next season.   

 

Or...…..we win and its off to recommence the war with Aberdeen for the next round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RossRFC1 said:

😅😅😅 If you fully expected Gerrard to win the league his first season your deluded.

And if you expected us to out of the title by mid February then you're even worse 

Didn't expect us to win the title, if the taigs had kept up their form of the last 2/3 years 

But to be 8 behind when they've been shocking for large parts of the season (heard today their away record is something like 6 in 13) is a joke 

We've spent a small fortune to be 3 points better off than we were under Pedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win or season is over. 

If we get papped out the cup I can’t see the players really giving a fuck about the rest of the season and could easily finish third again behind the sheep. 

Cup is important to get everyone focused on something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Goldson should be dropped for Katic. Was on another planet yesterday and has single handedly cost us at least 4 points this season. 

Halliday for Borna. Drop Davis from the squad altogether. Hope Arfield and Jack are fit enough, same with McCrorie. 

Hopefully we can get it done in 90 minutes. Fed up playing Kilmarnock this season.

Barisic was an embarrassment yesterday - and I'm usually a fan. God knows what has happened to him. Pretty much run out of excuses for him now.

He'll be gone in the summer if he doesn't kick on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sick of the sight of Kilmarnock this season...but fancy 1-0 Defoe...edge of your seat stuff again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

And if you expected us to out of the title by mid February then you're even worse 

Didn't expect us to win the title, if the taigs had kept up their form of the last 2/3 years 

But to be 8 behind when they've been shocking for large parts of the season (heard today their away record is something like 6 in 13) is a joke 

We've spent a small fortune to be 3 points better off than we were under Pedro

How far did Pedro get is in Euope again, and what results did he get against the filth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Barisic was an embarrassment yesterday - and I'm usually a fan. God knows what has happened to him. Pretty much run out of excuses for him now.

He'll be gone in the summer if he doesn't kick on. 

Looked terrified yesterday! Thought he looked fantastic against us and was buzzing to sign him, but he's been so disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need quick switch of play and our fullbacks to actually get beyond the winger more often.

The other key thing is to vary our approach play by not always crossing into a congested box (unless it’s a counter attack) but one of they key areas is to have someone making runs from central midfield into the box, arfields goal against Helsinki is the type of run we need. Struggling to see who can do this in arfields absence, it won’t be Davis, mccrorie or coulibaly so it makes me think if we go with the 4-3-3magainst them we need to actually play defoe as the number 10 off Morelos. Morelos holds the ball and allows Defoe to run onto layoffs. Fuck knows why we didn’t go for a number 10 in January, maybe just weren’t any viable options for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

How far did Pedro get is in Euope again, and what results did he get against the filth?

So Gerrard gets a free ride because we beat some pish European teams? I'm happy with the European run and was unexpected based on where we've been the last few years

But look at the bigger picture, the qualifying rounds were against teams we should be beating after what we've spent, might seem harsh but it's true. The group's stages were a different story and we got some good results 

But those results are not enough for him keep his job. Domestically we've been terrible & are ONLY 8 points behind because of how bad the taigs have been this season

If they'd been on form for the majority of the season, they would be easily double figures ahead of us by now, how can that be acceptable?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

So Gerrard gets a free ride because we beat some pish European teams? I'm happy with the European run and was unexpected based on where we've been the last few years

But look at the bigger picture, the qualifying rounds were against teams we should be beating after what we've spent, might seem harsh but it's true. The group's stages were a different story and we got some good results 

But those results are not enough for him keep his job. Domestically we've been terrible & are ONLY 8 points behind because of how bad the taigs have been this season

If they'd been on form for the majority of the season, they would be easily double figures ahead of us by now, how can that be acceptable?

 

Could say the same of us to be honest.

When we’ve played well we’ve played very well, that’s why dropping points like yesterday are so frustrating after beating the sheep the away and the scum win showing real heart and getting the result to then a flat, toothless performance at home to st Johnstone.

One thing for sure if Gerrard does get sacked we’ve gift wrapped them 10 in a row as we don’t have the time to change it all around again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

But look at the bigger picture, the qualifying rounds were against teams we should be beating after what we've spent, might seem harsh but it's true. The group's stages were a different story and we got some good results 

We shouldn't have beaten Maribor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...