***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Comparing us to Liverpool is a joke but ok we'll go with that. Klopp has been getting hounded by their fans for the last 2 years now with many asking for him to go, he's been given an absolute fortune and is yet to win anything...if that's what we're aspiring to be then we're on the right track 

You can make excuses for Gerrard, the injuries thing is just nonsense but aye the officials have screwed us a bit this season. Our biggest issue is the guy who is "trying his best" has signed alot of shite & hasn't been able to close the gap between us and them over the course of a season.

Couple that together with the fact we change our 11 nearly every week, we still dont have a formation which suits our players and we've realistically only got 1 cup left to go for...

Pitchforks at the ready might be a bit far but burrying your head in the sand and saying everything is fine is ridiculous. Questions should be asked of Gerrard, just like they were of Pedro/Warburton

Klopp has not been getting hounded for two years, that's just piss.

I will give you the tinkering of the team far too much when not necessary and too many as that is obvious. For now the tinkering is because we are getting the shit kicked out of us and our players will pick up injuries and the obvious bans for violent conduct when we get attacked on the pitch. A useful bloody compliance officer may be helpful but she is a ceptic puppet so that's not going to happen.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this right.

we hire a guy who is in his first season of first team management, has stated that there's a whole culture to change, that the target this year was to improve and to be competitive (no mention of winning the title this year). He gets us through 3/4 qualifying rounds of the Europa league and into the group stages, overhauls the first team squad, giving a couple of younger guys a chance, has beaten the scum for the first time in 7/8 years, is working with a budget that is 2-3 times less than they are, we haven't lost a game by more than one goal so had shored the defence up.

He is far from perfect but there is an improvement from the last few seasons. It's frustrating that we aren't the team we used to be, but remember Scottish football wanted us out the game. It's a long road but we are getting there.

Anyone expecting us to be winning the title this year and wants him sacked is not right in the head to be honest. It's a process and one that we are seeing some light on. Next season we get rid of more dross and buy more quality. 2 full seasons at least are needed.

The knee-jerk reactions must stop. You're killing our club if you want a new manager in every season and putting us further behind them. We need stability and a platform to grow so that we can spend £5-6million on a player rather than more than that paying off a squad of diddies that the next manager doesn't want.

Rinse, repeat, never learn.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Klopp has not been getting hounded for two years, that's just piss.

I will give you the tinkering of the team far too much when not necessary and too many as that is obvious. For now the tinkering is because we are getting the shit kicked out of us and our players will pick up injuries and the obvious bans for violent conduct when we get attacked on the pitch. A useful bloody compliance officer may be helpful but she is a ceptic puppet so that's not going to happen.

I'm not a Liverpool fan in the slightest but just from looking at social media all you see is stats about Klopp & how when push comes to shove he bottles it. He'll get this season but after the money they've spent if he doesn't win them the league he'll be under massive pressure, that's the modern day game, spend a fortune and you have to win something.

As for the compliance officer, I agree that we've been screwed several times this season and aye they'll do everything they can to appease the taigs. End of the day though that's not what's cost us the league/cup so far this season, our own stupidity cost us the cup (playing Morelos when we didn't have to) & the in the league we can't even win 3/4 games on the bounce 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Even back then I was struggling, easy to say in hindsight and wouldn't have been popular but I'd have much rather we went for somebody boring like Pardew, Davies etc. They weren't going to set the house on fire but a rookie at that point in time wasn't what we needed. 

I don't necessarily want Gerrard binned and I would love to see him be a success here but there's major red flags right now. I get the point about them spending that on Edouard but our main striker has been better than him this season and the rest of their signings have been pish in the last few years. 

The main difference between us and them isn't money, it's the fact they have a proper manager in place, something that we haven't had for a long time.

Davies?!

Brenda a proper manager?!

Utter fucking mince.

And at this point in time? Pep G? Aye?!

The killy taig looks a good bet!

:rofl:

We do like our hanging parties.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Honestly with the situation we are in now I have no idea who we could bring in.

Last summer was the time to bring in a tried and tested manager, it was the last shot to begin to stop 10 in a row in my view. We should have gave him the 10 million that Gerrard got and hope they could close the gap with that then build from there in subsequent windows.

What we've done now is pick a complete rookie manager who looks out his depth & blow a ton of money on essentially another full squad of players who aren't even close to the taigs, in fact I can see us finishing even further behind them this season. 

Mer pish

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I'm not a Liverpool fan in the slightest but just from looking at social media all you see is stats about Klopp & how when push comes to shove he bottles it. He'll get this season but after the money they've spent if he doesn't win them the league he'll be under massive pressure, that's the modern day game, spend a fortune and you have to win something.

As for the compliance officer, I agree that we've been screwed several times this season and aye they'll do everything they can to appease the taigs. End of the day though that's not what's cost us the league/cup so far this season, our own stupidity cost us the cup (playing Morelos when we didn't have to) & the in the league we can't even win 3/4 games on the bounce 

OMG!

Are you a Partick Thistle fan?

43 minutes ago, Malvern said:

No, you are.

Klopp gets 3 years and hasn't won a trophy but is backed by Liverpool and is a game in hand of top of the prem.

Gerrard comes to us and has tried his best in his first managerial post and has been unlucky with injuries and the way the officials in Scotland fuck us over.

Yeah let's sack him now if he doesn't get a cup, pitchfork on order!

Klopps a specky prick that can afford not to win anything, because let’s face it, Liverpool have won fuck all really in years. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

OMG!

Are you a Partick Thistle fan?

Naw 

I'm somebody that hasn't been caught up in the whole Steven Gerrard is our manager shitshow that we've been treated to this season

If Gerrard was a nobody, another Pedro Caixinha for example & had spent the best part of 10 million on utter shite then got us put out in the semi final at Hampden to a piss poor Aberdeen side & was out the title race by mid February he'd be getting hounded out the fucking door. 

But it's Gerrard, he was a world class player, he's a rookie manager, he's doing his best...sorry but he's managing Rangers, not some wee tinpot club where it's alright to be miles behind by this point in the season

Realistically, he wasn't going to win it first season but to be where we are today is a fucking joke.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Davies?!

Brenda a proper manager?!

Utter fucking mince.

And at this point in time? Pep G? Aye?!

The killy taig looks a good bet!

We do like our hanging parties.

As for this

If you can't accept that the reason the taigs are doing well is because of their manager then you need to take the blue tinted specs off. 

The squad the taigs have is pish with the exception of few quality players, he just gets the best out of them. 

36 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

we hire a guy who is in his first season of first team management, has stated that there's a whole culture to change, that the target this year was to improve and to be competitive (no mention of winning the title this year). He gets us through 3/4 qualifying rounds of the Europa league and into the group stages, overhauls the first team squad, giving a couple of younger guys a chance, has beaten the scum for the first time in 7/8 years, is working with a budget that is 2-3 times less than they are, we haven't lost a game by more than one goal so had shored the defence up.

He is far from perfect but there is an improvement from the last few seasons. It's frustrating that we aren't the team we used to be, but remember Scottish football wanted us out the game. It's a long road but we are getting there.

Anyone expecting us to be winning the title this year and wants him sacked is not right in the head to be honest. It's a process and one that we are seeing some light on. Next season we get rid of more dross and buy more quality. 2 full seasons at least are needed.

The knee-jerk reactions must stop. You're killing our club if you want a new manager in every season and putting us further behind them. We need stability and a platform to grow so that we can spend £5-6million on a player rather than more than that paying off a squad of diddies that the next manager doesn't want.

Top post, 100%!!  I thought we all agreed on what constituted progress this season and we are achieving that. Some even went as far as to say we have overachieved in Europe. We knew there would be bumps in the road and there have been. Perhaps we got too close which heightened expectations or changed the goalposts for some? I can understand that so long as we keep the realism and judge our progression on what we agreed at the start. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Well said that man! :tu:

18 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Fully agree with earlier comments, the horse has already bolted here

Cup means absolutely fuck all now the league's done, the only thing that'll be decided in these next few cup matches (if we get through on Wednesday) is whether or not Gerrard is in a job next season 

Out of the league cup in the semis

Out of the title by February 

Anything less than a final (unless we draw the taigs before then) should see Gerrard sacked 

Confirmed. You are a Partick Thistle fan.

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Are you not raging that we're out of the title race? You think it's funny? Weird.

Oh that old chesnut Mr negative.

Sack Gerrard, sack the board. Brenda is a proper manager. StJ are a pub team. Klopp's  a wank.

Makes even me feel properly sane.

I love this place.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh that old chesnut Mr negative.

Sack Gerrard, sack the board. Brenda is a proper manager. StJ are a pub team. Klopp's  a wank.

Makes even me feel properly sane.

I love this place.

Right. I'm not sure what any of that has to do with what I said, but OK.

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

No, you are.

Klopp gets 3 years and hasn't won a trophy but is backed by Liverpool and is a game in hand of top of the prem.

But Liverpool aren’t a game from being top of the Premiership because they gave Klopp time. They are where they are they because they spend a world record fee on a defender and a then world record fee on a goalkeeper. They invested at a level that allowed them to go up a level.

On occasions you get expections - Leicester being the prime example - but generally speaking cash is king in football so until we spend at a level that matches celtic then we will always be playing catch up to them unless all the planets align and we get a massive slice of luck.

Archived