Get rid of the feeble minded

GeeSS

I firmly believe that we have players at the club who are talented but sadly are not winners and don’t have the mindset to grind out results when not playing well   We need too weed out these week feeble minded players in the summer  

The players I am thinking of  have been around too long now and won’t ever have the mindset required  Tav, Candais Halliday Dorans Foderingham and Jack  are serial losers others such as Grezda and Barsic aren’t of the character required   Unfortunatly.the ones who have the right attitude are over the hill McGregor Davis Lafferty Defoe or youngsters such as  McCrorrie and Morelos We need to recruit  better and bring in players who are proven winners or have the hunger to win and succeed at a big club 

Candeias is the very definition of feeble minded. Pishy flicks here and there instead of taking it in and trying to hold it. Never loses a man for tav to pass down the wing for him despite having great pace. His crossing is dog shite. Just lashes it without actually trying to pick a man out. But he works his socks off so he is well liked. Guys not even aberdeen/hibs lvl. As for he works well with tav..id rather a better winger and tell tav nah m8 you just support now and then..your jobs to defend. 

The fact that Gerrard says what he sees in the game is not what he’s seeing in training tells you that the players haven’t got that mental strength to play for Rangers, if were serious about challenging for the title we need to spend some good money on quality players not has beens on a final payday. 

my concern is we can’t catch a very average septic side who have dropped lots of points this season no matter who is in charge , 2nd biggest budget in the league but we may struggle to finnish second. 

it is about  balance i think we lack experienced Spl players who know it is more about fight and will to win

in the days before administration we always had a strong Scottish spine to the team and some really talented foreign players to give us something out of nothing

Gerrard seems to not rate players that could maybe give us something we lack

I kind of get what the op means - we need players that have a winning mentality and a strong mindset .

But id say it's up to the management team to install that confidence . I know I keep harping back to Souness , but as much as he brought in Woods , Butcher , and later Roberts , his greater success was the steely determination he gave to guys like Munro , McPherson , McCoist , McMinn and youngsters like Fleck , Durrant and Ferguson .

He turned these players into winners and it's now up to SG and his staff to do the same with the current squad . 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

I kind of get what the op means - we need players that have a winning mentality and a strong mindset .

But id say it's up to the management team to install that confidence . I know I keep harping back to Souness , but as much as he brought in Woods , Butcher , and later Roberts , his greater success was the steely determination he gave to guys like Munro , McPherson , McCoist , McMinn and youngsters like Fleck , Durrant and Ferguson .

He turned these players into winners and it's now up to SG and his staff to do the same with the current squad . 

Good post mate we don't need to play silky football just roll the sleeves up and show a will to win every game. But that seems to be beyond a lot of this current squad and it has to change. 

We were so bad on Saturday that if I didn't know better i would have thought we had thrown the game.

Nobody actually wanted the ball, nobody took any responsibility. It was shocking stuff from a bunch of players with no spine.

The difference between winners and losers is that losers hope they will win. Winners do everything they can to make it happen. 

Our players are in the first category. 

31 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We were so bad on Saturday that if I didn't know better i would have thought we had thrown the game.

Nobody actually wanted the ball, nobody took any responsibility. It was shocking stuff from a bunch of players with no spine.

The difference between winners and losers is that losers hope they will win. Winners do everything they can to make it happen. 

Our players are in the first category. 

And in yet another opportunity to put real pressure on the scum, to fail so badly says it all about not just the winning attitude but the really giving a fuck attitude too.

16 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Halliday was finished at this club and fought his way back to save his career here. I wish we had more players with his mindset.

Bizarre opinion.

Totally agree. Halliday has played out his skin this season and made a difference in key games. He might not be the most naturally gifted but he does a job for us and he fights like a fucking lion when pulls on the jersey. Fuck all wrong with is mindset.

And as for McGregor, Lafferty and Davis having the "right mindset"???? The OP must be mental. Or have a very short memory...