Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

Before I start my moan I would like to say I'm glad Gerrard is our manager but he has made a few mistakes in his managerial reign more so since he signed Defoe and Davis. Defoe I wasn't fussed about signing but Davis yes as we've lacked a creative mid fielder for years and thought he'd be the answer but both have backfired drastically. 

In the Kilmarnock game when we were beaten 2-1 yes it was two horrendous goals we lost but I thought Gerrard got it massively wrong playing the diamond formation because in my opinion he took four players out of the game, Tav because he didn't have Candeias to work with, Kent who can beat a man for fun but playing in the middle when he beat one man there was another one or two waiting to tackle him, Arfield didn't seem to know what he was doing and hardly got in the Kilmarnock box and finally Morelos who we all know is brilliant playing up front on his own, with a partner totally changes his game.

Yesterday with Morelos out I thought he might have gone 4-4-2 because it sticks out a mile Defoe can't play the loan striker role, as was proved yesterday he was terrible and to wait until the 68th minute to change it was far too late - in my opinion

As much as I’m glad SG is our manager I’m also getting tired of his mistakes and to be honest that’s what you get when you employ someone who is a rookie learning on the job.

SG always seems to throw in his new players just like Kamara yesterday and Kent etc, but also the defeat to Killie and that team on paper had most of us grinning prior to ko.

I still feel we have no natural born leaders in that team and I always need to take it back to SG and his first mistake of appointing Tav as captain. Tavs done well as his assists and pens can demonstrate but let’s be honest we’ve all worked for nice good managers but these managers aren’t feared and ultimately when things get realty tough these types very rarely have that fight in them to lead from the front.

SG also needs backed from the club, on and off the field and that statement last week was ridiculous and just says ‘punch me fkn harder’.

We’ve had 1 real transfer window and it could be argued SG has fkd up the 2nd but I do have a feeling of another false done just like the time under the bread man and at Hampden. I really want to be wrong on this.

He still hasnt figured out how to beat break down the low block. Start of the season i was excited thinking id be turning up watching fast aggressive football. That excitement went ages ago. Needs to start making some serious choices. In most spl games you dont need jack/mccrorie in the same team. Only 1 DM is required. Yesterday kamara or mccrorie..not both.

Candeias needs dropped. Works hard but has zero guile and for a winger his goal/assist return is pish. Not to mention his composure is fucking awful.

Its gerrards job to find a way to maximise a squad that is more than capable of coming 2nd easy and challenging that lot into the split. Instead were getting murty lvl results still. If brenda stays next year then gerrard aint winning no league.

2 minutes ago, Rusty117 said:

He still hasnt figured out how to beat break down the low block. Start of the season i was excited thinking id be turning up watching fast aggressive football. That excitement went ages ago. Needs to start making some serious choices. In most spl games you dont need jack/mccrorie in the same team. Only 1 DM is required. Yesterday kamara or mccrorie..not both.

Candeias needs dropped. Works hard but has zero guile and for a winger his goal/assist return is pish. Not to mention his composure is fucking awful.

Its gerrards job to find a way to maximise a squad that is more than capable of coming 2nd easy and challenging that lot into the split. Instead were getting murty lvl results still. If brenda stays next year then gerrard aint winning no league.

Out of interest of the players you're dropping who are you putting in there instead?

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

As much as I’m glad SG is our manager I’m also getting tired of his mistakes and to be honest that’s what you get when you employ someone who is a rookie learning on the job.

SG always seems to throw in his new players just like Kamara yesterday and Kent etc, but also the defeat to Killie and that team on paper had most of us grinning prior to ko.

I still feel we have no natural born leaders in that team and I always need to take it back to SG and his first mistake of appointing Tav as captain. Tavs done well as his assists and pens can demonstrate but let’s be honest we’ve all worked for nice good managers but these managers aren’t feared and ultimately when things get realty tough these types very rarely have that fight in them to lead from the front.

SG also needs backed from the club, on and off the field and that statement last week was ridiculous and just says ‘punch me fkn harder’.

We’ve had 1 real transfer window and it could be argued SG has fkd up the 2nd but I do have a feeling of another false done just like the time under the bread man and at Hampden. I really want to be wrong on this.

Appointing Tav as Captain was indeed his first mistake IMO. Surprised me at the time.

I think it's clear there is no drive or management of the game ON the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The tav point is spot on imo. If there are indeed probs in the dressing room then i reckon the club captain has a lot to do with sorting it or causing it.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Out of interest of the players you're dropping who are you putting in there instead?

Thats the problem..he didnt address this in the window. So either he's happy with the middle 3 balance which in my opinion wont win us leagues. As for candeias id try middleton for a run of games. Give him the freedom to come inside or rotate with kent during games. If that means tav goes forward less so be it.   

3 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

The tav point is spot on imo. If there are indeed probs in the dressing room then i reckon the club captain has a lot to do with sorting ot or causing it.

Who said there was? What evidence is there of it? 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Who said there was? What evidence is there of it? 

Just a few people surmizing based on sg reaction yesterday. Entirely possible there arent. However there is a serious lack of drive and committment. No one can argue that.

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Just a few people surmizing based on sg reaction yesterday. Entirely possible there arent. However there is a serious lack of drive and committment. No one can argue that.

So people second guessing what is happening? I'd say they were more of a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So people second guessing what is happening? I'd say they were more of a problem. 

Do u need evidence for everything? Do u think failed displays againt the scum of this league indicate a high performing team where everyone knows their role? 

A reminder we hardly fucking troubled their goalie yesterday. That was not down to great opposition rather our lack of drive and willingness of individuals to take responsibility.

13 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

The tav point is spot on imo. If there are indeed probs in the dressing room then i reckon the club captain has a lot to do with sorting it or causing it.

We had a captain’s thread a while back, didn’t get received with any great enthusiasm, point still holds good though.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/319162-the-club-requires-a-captain-in-the-traditional-mould/

Every manager makes mistakes. The main problem we have is average footballers that sometimes play well and other times play horrendous football. The decision making and lack of vision by players, players hoping and expecting others to step up for them.  

They are all signs of mediocre players.   That only significant spending will sort out.

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Every manager makes mistakes. The main problem we have is average footballers that sometimes play well and other times play horrendous football. The decision making and lack of vision by players, players hoping and expecting others to step up for them.  

They are all signs of mediocre players.   That only significant spending will sort out.

Bang on the money with that one.

Gerrard has got the best out of what are average players, as the scum result reflected, but it cannot be sustained and it frustrates Gerrard to fuck.

9 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Sorry but that is pish. We may not win leagues but beating the dross of this league should be possible with the money we spend. 

Gerrard is still a rookie manager...it's his first job as a manager and in my opinion if and it's likely we will finish 2nd it's progression compared to last couple of seasons...we have shown we can beat celtic and Aberdeen it's just so frustrating dropping points against the other sides. The guy will get there. We just need to stick by him. 

The frustrating bit is changing it when it's working . Comparing the c....c game in December to our first game back against Killie is night and day . 

I think somebody nailed it on another thread when he said we lack the intensity against the lesser teams that we show against c....c , aberdeen and other difficult away games . 

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Sorry but that is pish. We may not win leagues but beating the dross of this league should be possible with the money we spend. 

Just because we spend more money on players that wouldn’t look out of place at Aberdeen and killie doesn’t mean that we’ll automatically be better than them.  

Average players will raise their game now and again just like the sheep do and then bang they’ll play a few crap games with a draw and a defeat thrown in then revert back to a 2-3 game winning streak and rinse repeat.    

We keep saying how average celtic are yet they won 13/13 home league games and won another trophy already. They’re team is far superior to ours and everyone else that’s why they win more often than not.  So if celtic are average then we are downright rotten.

Sorry, but having the second highest budget is pretty meaningless.

We have proven year on year under successive managers, that average equals average, no matter whether you play for StJ or Rangers. We just pay more for our average and we know every hating cunt in the land raises their game against us and will defend to the death and our average can't break their average down.

Average players equal inconsistency as the results have shown. They can raise their game occasionally, but cannot sustain it.

We need players of quality to give us the consistency to take the title. Those with the vision and ability to break down teams. Those who can play at a high tempo and make that slick defence splitting pass.