Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Morelos can play without a so called number 10 Defoe can't and are you putting us on a par with Sunderland - fuck sake

Fuck you on about putting us on par with Sunderland? I mentioned his goal tally with them in the premier league. Fuck sake.

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This whole Defoe not playing the lone striker deal is a bit of an enigma. He played up top on his own for Sunderland and bagged 16 goals, arguably one of his most consistent runs of matches in that time. 

For me the problem is our lack of creativity which heavily resorts around our lack of a number 10 or at least someone to support the striker. We simply flood the wings and punt the ball (usually hopelessly) into the box where our striker is somehow supposed to het onto it.

Again we knew our midfield don’t even look forward ,another reason not to sign an on the shoulder penalty box striker , he brought Davis to provide that through ball fair enough but then your isolating our best player in the buffalo playing him as a 2 , look at him st Mirren at home compared to Aberdeen away it’s like 2 different players all down to changing the usual system 

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We got naismith in january, ferguson in january, weir as well, 

Aye its a shite time but the tarriers so far done it miles better this january, davis is a disaster (that many of us predicted) defoe isnt fitting into gerrards system, kamara is a position we don't need, polster? 

Naismith was a deadline day Summer signing.

38 minutes ago, robertwb said:

What is Gary McAllister's role in all this? I thought with his experience he was brought in to guide SG. I haven't seen any evidence of this so far.

Seems to be the boy beal who has Gerrard's ear when you watch the games. 

21 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

His inability to motivate the team in 'lesser' games is becoming a huge worry

There are no lesser games at Rangers! Every game is a cup final to them and the squad should have enough about them to be self motivating. Too many waiters in the side. I'll wait for someone else to do it.

3 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

There are no lesser games at Rangers! Every game is a cup final to them and the squad should have enough about them to be self motivating. Too many waiters in the side. I'll wait for someone else to do it.

Of course there are lesser games

Get behind the manager, get behind the team. It was always unlikely in year 1 but we can still finish strongly and build on what we have started. 

I think the issue we have is that we are mimicking the Liverpool formation but they have 3 strikers upfront and we have played 1 striker plus two wingers who don't really score a lot.

If we continue to play 4-3-3 we either need to accept that's it's really a 4-5-1 and get a good 10 or we need to sign another mobile forward who has a goal threat to play nearer Morelos/Defoe. 

I personally think playing Defoe central and Morelos and Kent narrow either side would suit the personnel we have now.  I'd go with Kamara McCrorie and Davis/Arfield in midfield.  We need our wingbacks bombing on in that formation to provide width 

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

His inability to motivate the team in 'lesser' games is becoming a huge worry

its a bit sad that they need motivated to win a game at home that puts you within 3 points of the top. If players arent already motivated by that - or worse, activly shying away from it -  the only thing a manager can do is eventually get shot of them.

Barasic imho was the worst offender. he just didnt want the ball and everytime it came near him he nearly shit himself.

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Aye of course they should

Called taking responsibility mate  the game on the 29th was the level each and every player from that day knew it. Loosing to Killie afterwards is not because the manager couldn't motivate them. Far from it  

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its a bit sad that they need motivated to win a game at home that puts you within 3 points of the top. If players arent already motivated by that - or worse, activly shying away from it -  the only thing a manager can do is eventually get shot of them.

Barasic imho was the worst offender. he just didnt want the ball and everytime it came near him he nearly shit himself.

Its arrogance mate they actually think beat celtic a few times a season and maybe win a cup is successful

5 hours ago, robertwb said:

What is Gary McAllister's role in all this? I thought with his experience he was brought in to guide SG. I haven't seen any evidence of this so far.

McAllister is the buffer between the players and manager IMO, the bluenose who knows what its all about, I think whe  you bring an outsider in its always smart to have that type of guy in board in there beside you.

I think the most frustrating thing is the mistakes he’s made ,the 3-5-2 away to Motherwell the 4-4-2 away to Livi and celtic , the complete change of formation against Killie in the league and the Defoe signing then playing him the lone striker are all totally avoidable and obvious mistakes before a balls kicked , Saturday for example if he plays Laff and the ball still doesn’t stick and we still look as bad i’d totally pin the blame on the players because he’s played our system with the obvious replacement for the buffalo but he didn’t 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I think the most frustrating thing is the mistakes he’s made ,the 3-5-2 away to Motherwell the 4-4-2 away to Livi and celtic , the complete change of formation against Killie in the cup and the Defoe signing then playing him the lone striker are all totally avoidable and obvious mistakes before a balls kicked , Saturday for example if he plays Laff and the ball still doesn’t stick and we still look as bad i’d totally pin the blame on the players because he’s played our system with the obvious replacement for the buffalo but he didn’t 

I think some of gerrards changes havnt helped - but we should be able to muster a shot on target against St Johnstone at home regardless, surely?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

46 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Called taking responsibility mate  the game on the 29th was the level each and every player from that day knew it. Loosing to Killie afterwards is not because the manager couldn't motivate them. Far from it  

Players and management are both to blame

49 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish and negativity as per.

We get it Gerrard is not your bag.

Now pass me the parrot seed.

Considering the fact that we have dropped points to Motherwell, Livingston, Dundee & Hibs - who are all in the bottom six - then I don’t see how anybody can say that what he said there is “utter pish”.