Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

10 minutes ago, grant_rfc said:

we already have a midfield full of people who put in hardwork and run for the full 90 mins. That is not our problem, we need someone with a bit more vision to unlock defences and play the kind of passes that defoe is looking for. 

I thought Davis would be able to provide that to a degree and obviously so did Gerrard. 

It's looking like both were wrong though.

Davis never unlocked defences when he was first here, people have this weird memory of a different davis to what we had here, he averaged 1 assist every 3.3 games when he was first here, and we were much better, 

Now he's 7 years older and we are worse, he was never gonna work out

i still think SG is the right man, i didn't think he would win the lg in first season but id say he will learn an awful lot.  we cant keep on sacking managers and rinse and repeat. IMO he will get it right. its never going to happen bringing a manger in every season, the way things are, we need to give a manger time, its hard watching but its what is needed. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Alot of those assists were set plays or simple side passes as well. Myth surrounds him being creative or this great player. His best performances were RM as he could work hard.

Take it you meant to quote my davis post lol

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Davis never unlocked defences when he was first here, people have this weird memory of a different davis to what we had here, he averaged 1 assist every 3.3 games when he was first here, and we were much better, 

Now he's 7 years older and we are worse, he was never gonna work out

agree with that. Much as it pains me to say it that wee snake Naismith was more of a creator in that team than Davis.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I'm not sure he has to be honest.

He's shown enough glimpses of it to be given the chance, unfortunately getting a 50 yard punt aimed at your head when a 6ft4 club footed bruiser is kicking your backdoor in will never show defoe inna good light

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We have no one capable of providing that killer ball, would love a Dave Smith type to slide balls thru to him

Agreed mate. The game is simple but we’re taking the difficult route. The ball in the box properly is killer if we have the proper people waiting for it. 

Defoe was brilliant with a tall wing man like big Crouch and that's how we have to adapt while Defoe plays.

Killie tomorrow should see both( if fit) playing and play them at their own game.. Trying to play through 10 men doesn't work so we need to throw balls into Laff hoping for knock downs to Defoe and then I believe we'll see a big difference.Of course that can't be done in every game but you saw how the beggars struggled with just £10m flop up himself trying to play around Killie..Loads of crosses into Laff and Defoe.

But that's just my opinion, Stevie obviously knows alot more about his players and the game than I do.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's been shite in every single game I've seen him since he went to Hearts.

That's not true mate 

I know you don't like traitors and I hate Naismith just like you 

I honestly believe he would have been the player to play alongside Alfredo this season or at least scored the goals out of our 1000 missed chances 

I can't see what we expect Gerrard was brought in by this board who made a commercial decision rather than a managerial decision he will need time to learn the game he's struggling but its par for the course when we bring in a man with no experience to a massive job at Rangers.

The blame does not lie at Gerrard's door.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That's not true mate 

I know you don't like traitors and I hate Naismith just like you 

I honestly believe he would have been the player to play alongside Alfredo this season or at least scored the goals out of our 1000 missed chances 

When I’ve seen him he has.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is that just against us? Didn't you say the other day you don't really watch other teams games?

A couple against Hibs as well