Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Gerrard obviously respects Tavernier as a footballer and that's why he's given him the band.  Tavernier's overall contribution to this team merits the armband IMO.  He's improved a lot defensively and he's created more goals than anyone else in the league.  

I know many want the captains armband to go to someone who gets angry and shouts a lot but there's every chance Gerrard doesn't see it that way.  Guys can get the armband due to experience, loyalty, ability, etc.  

Gerrard's very first mistake and it's been an uphill struggle ever since, aside the fact he can't defend.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

It's the managers job to motivate and organise the team.  It's the manager who should be holding player to account if they're underperforming.  I don't think the armband itself is that important it normally goes to someone that has been with the club a long time, is performing well, maybe even to a player in order to increase a their worth in transfer market.  I doubt performances change if one guy wears the yellow band round his arm as opposed to another.

I don't think getting "angry" is vital to success either.  Morelos plays like he's constantly angry and if anything it would probably benefit him to calm down a bit.

That is just right on passive monkey bullshit. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I think the onus should be on individuals to motivate themselves and make sure they maintain a certain standard of performance and commitment.  The manager and coaching staff play a major part in that in terms of preparation.  Blaming Tavernier every time there's a poor performance and the significance of his armband is getting tiresome.  As I said, you could of put the band on a different arm yesterday and the performance would almost certainly have been the same.

Do u work for a multi national by any chance? They take that management approach so managers can justify not doing anything.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I'll give him.another transfer window but I'm unimpressed. He cant spot even basic problems. His signings have been underwhelming

Folk can bleat all they like about how much we've improved but we haven't improved enough and its just the same patter folk spouted when Warburton was in charge. Fact is its not good enough and the only reason Gerrard is getting so much credit is because his name and nothing more. I'd rather have a manger id never heard of who can do the job than have some celebrity manager that doesn't cut it.

Too many folk care that he's a big name and don't seem to care that he's not good enough.

Stopping 9IAR is as important as stopping 10, the taigs will go all for it next season, if were not ahead by January then he can go cause hes just not a good enough manager to stop them winning 10IAR, he's blown our chance at the league 3 times now with his woeful tactics and inability to recognise where were failing on the park

Agree with a lot of this but say you were to get rid of Gerrard next January if we're not ahead, I'm not sure which manager is gonna stop 10IAR given a season and a half. Doubt we could afford it either.

5 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Evidence is better than people making shite up. So if we drop points it's down to dressing room disharmony? Inconsistancy, lack of quality, tactics and team selection don't come into it? Madness.

Facts versus emotions, sadly on RM the latter always appears the prevalent factor.  One good result we are world beaters, on bad redult the team and manager need to be binned and we start again.

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Agree with a lot of this but say you were to get rid of Gerrard next January if we're not ahead, I'm not sure which manager is gonna stop 10IAR given a season and a half. Doubt we could afford it either.

We cannt get rid of sg. There are changes that can and should be made however. To formations,tactics and motivational aspects such as the captaincy.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Facts versus emotions, sadly on RM the latter always appears the prevalent factor.  One good result we are world beaters, on bad redult the team and manager need to be binned and we start again.

I for one do not want to bin sg. However the facts comment is just stupid. Other than results how do u get facts about division eithin the dress room or between dress room and management?? U cant because so much is down to perception. One mans fact is anothers bullshit.

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sorry, but having the second highest budget is pretty meaningless.

We have proven year on year under successive managers, that average equals average, no matter whether you play for StJ or Rangers. We just pay more for our average and we know every hating cunt in the land raises their game against us and will defend to the death and our average can't break their average down.

Average players equal inconsistency as the results have shown. They can raise their game occasionally, but cannot sustain it.

We need players of quality to give us the consistency to take the title. Those with the vision and ability to break down teams. Those who can play at a high tempo and make that slick defence splitting pass.

Some good points B A, but see the bit in bold, how are we going to get the money to buy these players? Do you think King has the ability to get in money to buy these players and does he have the desire to get these players in? 

I am still a very pissed off Bear since that fucking capitulation we watched yesterday, not acceptable and also now concerned about Wed night in the cup replay game.

5 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I for one do not want to bin sg. However the facts comment is just stupid. Other than results how do u get facts about division eithin the dress room or between dress room and management?? U cant because so much is down to perception. One mans fact is anothers bullshit.

Well you're saying that Tavernier is not a good captain.  Is that based on facts or your perception?  Isn't Gerrard better placed to determine who the captain of Rangers is and shouldn't we as a fanbase trust his judgment?  If Tavernier wasn't doing his job as captain surely Gerrard would've replaced him by now.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Well you're saying that Tavernier is not a good captain.  Is that based on facts or your perception?  Isn't Gerrard better placed to determine who the captain of Rangers is and shouldn't we as a fanbase trust his judgment?  If Tavernier wasn't doing his job as captain surely Gerrard would've replaced him by now.

Easier said than done but...

🗣️"I never had any leaders and I never had anyone who wanted to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and really win a football match." Read more from Steven Gerrard 📲 https://t.co/RKB1IYyVA0 https://t.co/2nP16dJI7x

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Should have said maybe gerard thinks like u in which case he cannot complain about lack of leadership.

5 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Should have said maybe gerard thinks like u in which case he cannot complain about lack of leadership.

Gerrard knows a lot more about football than you or I do, that’s for sure.  If he’s happy for James Tavernier to be the captain then why not trust that judgment?  You said yourself, you don’t know what happens in the dressing room or what these players think so your perceptions are most likely wrong.  

4 minutes ago, backup said:

Bottom line is very simple now, SG has now to justify being given the biggest job in Scotland, all in his own hands.

He needs to get us playing not with anger but with the intensity we demonstrated against Rapid and the taigs, I believe that is what he meant when he said that wasn't Rangers out there yesterday.  Not sure how he does it but that's what's needed.

38 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I'm not sure any manager can but if 10IAR is going to happen then we should be building for the future and I don't think Gerrard is the man to do that

26 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Some good points B A, but see the bit in bold, how are we going to get the money to buy these players? Do you think King has the ability to get in money to buy these players and does he have the desire to get these players in? 

I am still a very pissed off Bear since that fucking capitulation we watched yesterday, not acceptable and also now concerned about Wed night in the cup replay game.

Yes and yes.

We will win on Wednesday!

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Ffs a team is a collection of people working to a common goal.. People need led or else or else they are like a group of stray cats.

Do you think for one second they all look towards the captain on the pitch to lead them?

and if they don’t they are all wandering around aimlessly not knowing what to do?

fucking crazy. 😂

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Gerrard's very first mistake and it's been an uphill struggle ever since, aside the fact he can't defend.

It’s your opinion that it was a mistake.  What has been an uphill struggle?  I thought everyone agreed we’ve seen noticeable improvement this season.  Also, he can defend see the last Old Firm win for eveidence if that.  

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If Mark Allen and the scouting department don't buck up their ideas big fucking time, Gerrard won't stand a chance of winning anything next season either.

They need to find a few quality central midfielders.  Coulibaly and Davis will be off in the summer.  If we can replace them with guys who can provide the creativity we need I think we’ll improve greatly.

Just now, TMB said:

They need to find a few quality central midfielders.  Coulibaly and Davis will be off in the summer.  If we can replace them with guys who can provide the creativity we need I think we’ll improve greatly.

Here's hoping they do - we're crying out for it badly at the moment!

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Gerrard obviously respects Tavernier as a footballer and that's why he's given him the band.  Tavernier's overall contribution to this team merits the armband IMO.  He's improved a lot defensively and he's created more goals than anyone else in the league.  

I know many want the captains armband to go to someone who gets angry and shouts a lot but there's every chance Gerrard doesn't see it that way.  Guys can get the armband due to experience, loyalty, ability, etc.  

I'm not going to disagree with any of that mate but our captain should be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and get the players playing to a better standard when it's not going well. I have watched guys like Greig, gough, Ferguson., ect over the years and they were very vocal and got the best out of their team mates when things were going against us. I don't dislike tav I just don't like him being the captain of the team.

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Do you think for one second they all look towards the captain on the pitch to lead them?

and if they don’t they are all wandering around aimlessly not knowing what to do?

fucking crazy. 😂

When things are not going well the captaon needs to step up. 

In terms of scoring goals they were walking about aimlessly yesterday were they fucking not?

Naive 🤣🤣