Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

They need to find a few quality central midfielders.  Coulibaly and Davis will be off in the summer.  If we can replace them with guys who can provide the creativity we need I think we’ll improve greatly.

Fully agree with this. mIdfield has been our major downfall this season.  We need quality here and that will require funds. 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Whether you want to admit it or not, expecting to win a league title after two transfer windows is just unrealistic. 

Ok then. Is expecting to beat st johnstone and dundee unrealistic? Cause do that and we are challenging.

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Whether you want to admit it or not, expecting to win a league title after two transfer windows is just unrealistic. 

And pissing money away on Sadiq ,ejaria, coulibally, grezda, Lafferty, Davis , Defoe  and the biggest joke of all Flanagan is realistic🙄Sooner he's away the better

12 minutes ago, TMB said:

They need to find a few quality central midfielders.  Coulibaly and Davis will be off in the summer.  If we can replace them with guys who can provide the creativity we need I think we’ll improve greatly.

We have beat teams this season. Just struggled against dross set up to defend. It is raw aggro that is needed for these cunts.

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If celtic had performed anywhere near their best, then aye it's unrealistic. They haven't though, they've been horrendous yet we are still 8 points behind. 

Shameful tbh.

Just now, Ivybank said:

And pissing money away on Sadiq ,ejaria, coulibally, grezda, Lafferty, Davis , Defoe  and the biggest joke of all Flanagan is realistic🙄Sooner he's away the better

Can't just through all the blame at the manager for signings. Have to question what the hell the DOF is looking at. 

If we sack the manager who do we bring in as a replacement? 

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

So with such a hopeless signing record someone has to lose their job now surely? They are all shite? Or maybe the way we use them combined with desire to win is the issue?

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Can't just through all the blame at the manager for signings. Have to question what the hell the DOF is looking at. 

If we sack the manager who do we bring in as a replacement? 

DOF should be nowhere near the club and am amazed that Gerrard agreed to someone else picking players and if they are shite hes the one thats getting sacked.

Convinced Gerrard has known next to fuck all about most of the players that have came to the club........

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

DOF should be nowhere near the club and am amazed that Gerrard agreed to someone else picking players and if they are shite hes the one thats getting sacked.

Convinced Gerrard has known next to fuck all about most of the players that have came to the club........

Some serious questions have to be aimed at the DOF and our recruitment policy. 

If Gerrard doesn't have the first clue about the players coming in that needs to change immediately 

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Why shouldn't he be anywhere near the club?

If Gerrard is that opposed to that model then he'll never work as a manager anywhere.

EDIT: Which players hasn't he known about?

15 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It's looking that way.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I'm not sure any manager can but if 10IAR is going to happen then we should be building for the future and I don't think Gerrard is the man to do that

I think the youth setup is our future to be honest.

Definitely going in the right direction there. Some talented youngsters coming thru next few years

25 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Ok then. Is expecting to beat st johnstone and dundee unrealistic? Cause do that and we are challenging.

We find consistency with better players. 

25 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

So the answer is to sack him and start again in the summer with a whole new raft of players and go through it all again next season. 

Then the season after and so on... 

22 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

If celtic had performed anywhere near their best, then aye it's unrealistic. They haven't though, they've been horrendous yet we are still 8 points behind. 

Shameful tbh.

See my first point above. 

I cannot believe how bad we were yesterday, I watched game online and after 10 mins I said to my mate “this has 0-0 all over it” too many players not at it. It’s annoying to think that the worst septic side in years have still been given a pass by us. In fairness the refs have been diabolical too. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes and yes.

We will win on Wednesday!

I am very glad to hear that positive answer B A not sure where you get that confidence from but hope you are right. 

I hope we will win on Wed, I am just not so sure but will go with hope in my heart. 

47 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

When things are not going well the captaon needs to step up. 

In terms of scoring goals they were walking about aimlessly yesterday were they fucking not?

Naive 🤣🤣

What does “stepping up” look like?

shout louder, point more, talk more, write a note to everyone?  

Ok, we have McGregor who many think should be captain. Yes?

do you think him being captain will make us score more goals, play better football and win hunners?

no - because the squad we have needs better players not better captains. 

As much as I think SG has made plenty of mistakes, I just find it hard to aim my frustration at him.

We’ve got a board who came out last week with some feeble statement and today was a by product of that with the intimidation of refs and the lack of parity being called out proper. They’re fkn weak.

We’ve also go those imposters who turned up yesterday.

I’m totally scunnered and fkn raging of our board and team 🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

If Mark Allen and the scouting department don't buck up their ideas big fucking time, Gerrard won't stand a chance of winning anything next season either.

Yes MA has had a lot a praise for bringing in players like Lafferty, Davis etc and that alone tells me we have problems in getting players of the standard we need. Whether that is his blame or the blame of the budget he is given I do not know but it is not working very well.

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What does “stepping up” look like?

shout louder, point more, talk more, write a note to everyone?  

Ok, we have McGregor who many think should be captain. Yes?

do you think him being captain will make us score more goals, play better football and win hunners?

no - because the squad we have needs better players not better captains. 

I must admit for the last couple of seasons I've been bemoaning the lack of a leader on the park but now I genuinely put it down to a collective failure of the players to handle playing for Rangers and the pressure that brings.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I must admit for the last couple of seasons I've been bemoaning the lack of a leader on the park but now I genuinely put it down to a collective failure of the players to handle playing for Rangers and the pressure that brings.

Correct