Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Facts versus emotions, sadly on RM the latter always appears the prevalent factor.  One good result we are world beaters, on bad redult the team and manager need to be binned and we start again.

It's not one bad result though is it

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

As much as I think SG has made plenty of mistakes, I just find it hard to aim my frustration at him.

We’ve got a board who came out last week with some feeble statement and today was a by product of that with the intimidation of refs and the lack of parity being called out proper. They’re fkn weak.

We’ve also go those imposters who turned up yesterday.

I’m totally scunnered and fkn raging of our board and team 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Warburton

Warburton Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard Youth Gerrard 

Caixinha Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard

Gerrard

Murty

9 of the 14 players used were signed by Gerrard, those imposters were signed by him so you should aim frustration at him.

We need players who WANT to win, captain included. On that display yesterday I didn't see it. Where was the grit and determination?. It's as if there was an attitude like "Well if he's no trying why should I?". If they have that attitude and are not fussed about winning EVERY game then they shouldn't be at Rangers. We have pride in our club and these players who are employed by our club should have pride in their work. If it's just a mundane job for them then we should be trying harder to move them on. 

2 hours ago, chris182 said:

I think the youth setup is our future to be honest.

Definitely going in the right direction there. Some talented youngsters coming thru next few years

yeah I've watched a few u17s games and theyre looking good, hopefully we can manage to keep a hold of the majority of them 

7 minutes ago, Willy p said:

Back him or sack him .world  class player but needs money to compete with tarriers budget otherwise 10 in a row is in bag 😡

It’s a two way thing. He needs more money to compete with celtic but he also needs to stop wasting the money he is given on shite.

We cannot continually bring in a new team and manager every fucking season. Also expecting every player we sign to hit the ground running straight away is idiotic, it doesn't happen. Our league is not an easy one to adapt to. Just look at Morelos, he was okay last year and this season he has been on fire. Tavernier aswell, didn't look like much of a player when he signed but he is much better now, players need to adapt. celtic have a very settled side with players that have been there for years and they add 1 or 2 players each year to improve them, thats what we have to aim for. Have a settled core side and continually add to it each window to improve it. I'm willing to bide my time with Gerrard and whats happening, we need the team to become settled and that takes time.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's not one bad result though is it

Warburton

Warburton Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard Youth Gerrard 

Caixinha Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard

Gerrard

Murty

9 of the 14 players used were signed by Gerrard, those imposters were signed by him so you should aim frustration at him.

Emm, signed by Allen I think you'll find.

1 minute ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

We cannot continually bring in a new team and manager every fucking season. Also expecting every player we sign to hit the ground running straight away is idiotic, it doesn't happen. Our league is not an easy one to adapt to. Just look at Morelos, he was okay last year and this season he has been on fire. Tavernier aswell, didn't look like much of a player when he signed but he is much better now, players need to adapt. celtic have a very settled side with players that have been there for years and they add 1 or 2 players each year to improve them, thats what we have to aim for. Have a settled core side and continually add to it each window to improve it. I'm willing to bide my time with Gerrard and whats happening, we need the team to become settled and that takes time.

This- whether we like it or not it was always going to be a big ask to win the league this season. The problem I believe is that the Manager gave us a bit of belief both in Europe and with the win over the tarriers. If - and I know it is a big if- we win the cup and beat them again at Ibrox, I will consider this a successful season, compared to what we have put up with in previous years. If not, I think Gerrard needs to be given time - at least two full seasons- to get it right. I believe he will.

58 minutes ago, barcablue72 said:

We need players who WANT to win, captain included. On that display yesterday I didn't see it. Where was the grit and determination?. It's as if there was an attitude like "Well if he's no trying why should I?". If they have that attitude and are not fussed about winning EVERY game then they shouldn't be at Rangers. We have pride in our club and these players who are employed by our club should have pride in their work. If it's just a mundane job for them then we should be trying harder to move them on. 

Yup. And that is one of the functions of captain on the day. To stamp on that attitude.

Four managers in two years. Surely it's time for another?

Let's start another new manager thread and fight to the death again over the killy taig, and the new found sheep taig. That'll be fun.

Then throw in a few no mark foreign managers to spice up the absolute fucking fantasy that a different manager will take us to a title.

Not forgetting that Gerrard is King's man. No other will ever get the backing of King more than Gerrard. Him being here is not just about him being the manager. He IS the last throw of the dice for King, so we all better fucking hope it works out, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. On the other hand take that title next season at the latest, great things will befall us.

So in saying all that, I'm all ears as to the managerial suggestions, as I am in great need of some light amusement after our latest performance.

I'll hazard to guess I'll be deafened by the silence as the reality sinks in, because Pep isn't coming and there is no other who could guarantee that title, but heh ho, let's change for change sake it can't get any worse, can it?!

:lol:

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Whether you want to admit it or not, expecting to win a league title after two transfer windows is just unrealistic. 

This is the worst tarrier team since deila, we should have blown them out the water this season and guaranteed the title, their recent results showed what lacking CL money did to them, so why not lump everything in this season and match them

Instead we've likely gave them another CL windfall to keep their financial advantage over us, 

I’ve liked him so far but it looks as though he’s giving himself 18 months of problems trying to shoehorn a player in ,that in no way fits our system or style in Defoe , if you look at all the facts before we agreed to take him , we can’t play anything other than 4-5-1 without the ball 4-3-3 with , Defoe can’t play that roll , Defoe is a penalty box through ball on the shoulder striker , our midfield play it square to a player 5 yards away all game and create nothing , our best player in the buffalo is most effective and at his best in our most comfortable system and that’s taking away when he plays in a 2 , so I ask myself why did Gerrard sign Defoe 

21 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Worth saying that at this point last season we were 9 points behind celtic and by the time we went into the next OF game we would have only been 3 points behind if we hadn't shat it and actually won like we should have.

Compare our points this year to last, has the outlay gerrard has spent been worth it